4 replies to this topic

#1 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:14 AM

Saw where Tom Galligan is calling a Democratic caucus to fill the late Dave Kinder's seat as Sellersburg Clerk-Treasurer. Also read where Kinder's wish was not to have a caucus but to have Michelle Miller his long time chief deputy replace him and would win in November and take over.  Two observations here.  Either Galligan had no choice by law to hold this or he doesn't care about the wishes of a long time Democrat elected official.  I suspect the latter.  No surprise that his former girl friend Barbara Haas has expressed interest in this seat.  So much for retirement.

#2 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

Saw where Tom Galligan is calling a Democratic caucus to fill the late Dave Kinder's seat as Sellersburg Clerk-Treasurer. Also read where Kinder's wish was not to have a caucus but to have Michelle Miller his long time chief deputy replace him and would win in November and take over.  Two observations here.  Either Galligan had no choice by law to hold this or he doesn't care about the wishes of a long time Democrat elected official.  I suspect the latter.  No surprise that his former girl friend Barbara Haas has expressed interest in this seat.  So much for retirement.

I guess it worked out well for Ms. Haas to have dated Mr. Galligan.
Believe me, Sellersburg deserves much much better.
Mr. Kinder was a good well respected man. Galligan and Haas combined can't compare.
Hopefully Ms. Miller will win the election and fulfill Mr. Kinder's wishes.

#3 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

Miller will win.  Haas fired her and Robin Jones last night after the caucus.  Good ole Democrat politics at it's best.  Miller and Jones have been in that office since Kinder took office in 2000.  Haas made a big mistake and it will come back on her.  Hope she enjoys her four months in office.  Bye bye

#4 SavannahLewis

SavannahLewis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:44 PM

My mom tried calling the Town Hall several times Monday. When she didn't get an answer, she called someone who apparently knows stuff that goes on there and keeps up on the politics in town. He told my mom that no one showed up that day at the office. Naturally, they were upset about how things were being handled by the Democratic Party and we're telling people that they were going to quit if Ms. Haas was sworn in. From my understanding, Ms. Haas didn't have any intentions on firing them. Although I'm sure it would be rather awkward to work with someone that you're running against.

#5 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

I wouldn't pay very much attention to what Ms. Haas says.  I would also take it with a grain of salt.

It is my understanding that the office was being ran without any problems.

It is a shame that they didn't just leave it alone until the election.

My guess is that you will see campaign signs that will say, "Re-Elect Barbara Haas and you Clerk Treasurer"  It

is easier, some times, to be the incumbent.

Not this time !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users