Photo

Planned Parenthood - Get your baby parts here!

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#41 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

Does a pregnant woman have a right to smoke or drink alcohol?

Does the fetus have a right not to consume nicotine and alcohol?

Does a person have a right to or not be forced to?

#42 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

How did this topic get steered away from some ***** wanting to kill more babies to sell and into an abortion debate? Yes, I get that you can't have one without the other, but for the pro abortion crowd, what is your opinion of the practice of vultures making money off the dead babies? Or, is that little fact intentionally being ignored?

• GrumpyGranny, CityBoy and Russell Brooksbank like this

#43 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:44 AM

It's a typical technique littletommy. Divert from the real topic.
  • littletommy likes this

#44 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

Does a pregnant woman have a right to smoke or drink alcohol?

Does the fetus have a right not to consume nicotine and alcohol?

My fetuses were cool with the nicotine and alcohol. It was the caffeine that got them kicking mad.
  • Donna and Russell Brooksbank like this

#45 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

My fetuses were cool with the nicotine and alcohol. It was the caffeine that got them kicking mad.

Your fetuses? I don't think that's right. According to Mr. B they were full fledged people with rights and, I'm guessing, responsibilities. They weren't yours apparently.

#46 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

Your fetuses? I don't think that's right. According to Mr. B they were full fledged people with rights and, I'm guessing, responsibilities. They weren't yours apparently.

You can cede your perception of reality to Mr. B. I won't. I knew what I meant.
  • Russell Brooksbank likes this

#47 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

My post #19.

A sting group offers up an edited video purporting the sale of tissue.  It is against the law to sell tissue or organs.  Reimbursement of medical costs and transportation cost is allowed. If what they allege is true, why would they need to edit the video? 

There is an ongoing onslaught to women's reproductive lives from birth control to abortion.  The tenor of this thread made me want to point out a few facts about the necessity of medically supervised abortion in a safe environment be kept legal. 

Sorry if you feel I derailed the thread.  I was somewhat reluctant to walk into this poo storm, I know it is emotionally charged.  However, women deserve the right to make decisions regarding their own bodies. 

Once again, I'll say that if the government is invited into the womb, that door will swing on a double hinge.  

#48 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

Edited to show the relevant parts.

#49 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

My post #19.

A sting group offers up an edited video purporting the sale of tissue. It is against the law to sell tissue or organs. Reimbursement of medical costs and transportation cost is allowed. If what they allege is true, why would they need to edit the video?

There is an ongoing onslaught to women's reproductive lives from birth control to abortion. The tenor of this thread made me want to point out a few facts about the necessity of medically supervised abortion in a safe environment be kept legal.

Sorry if you feel I derailed the thread. I was somewhat reluctant to walk into this poo storm, I know it is emotionally charged. However, women deserve the right to make decisions regarding their own bodies.

Once again, I'll say that if the government is invited into the womb, that door will swing on a double hinge.

Right on with the last two paragraphs.

As far as the video being edited: lame talking point that is circulating unless there has been a refusal to release additional footage and that additional footage contradicts the edited portion previously released. Anything you see on the nightly news, 60 minutes, has been highly edited. A product is being produced. If people have to watch 40 minutes of small talk and awkward silences to get to the juicy part, they'll never get to the juicy part.

Edited by kelley, 25 July 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#50 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

You can cede your perception of reality to Mr. B. I won't. I knew what I meant.

And I understand what you meant.

#51 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

Were they her fetuses?

#52 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

I believe our government should protect the rights of every person located within the boundaries of the United States even if they are currently residing in the womb.

#53 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

Were they her fetuses?

They are her children. It's no different from saying "my baby", "my toddler", "my teenager", "my parent", "my mom", "my son", "my coworker"...... Fetus is just a term describing a stage of development.

#54 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

They are her children. It's no different from saying "my baby", "my toddler", "my teenager", "my parent", "my mom", "my son", "my coworker"...... Fetus is just a term describing a stage of development.

Yeah and MY teenagers have no rights. Just ask them. They have the right to get out there and mow the lawn or get my foot up their butts.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 25 July 2015 - 09:28 AM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, grammy and 1 other like this

#55 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 25 July 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#56 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Yeah and MY teenagers have no rights. Just ask them. They have the right to get out there and mow the lawn or get my foot up their butts.

On some abstract, ideal level, I agree with Russell. On that same level, I agree with those who say parents don't have a right to physically discipline their children.

However, biology, and its instincts and hormones that influence behavior, totally hold PNG's view.

To protect a fetuses rights, or even a smart-mouthed 12-year-old's, you necessarily have to get all up in some woman's, a mother's, personal space. You also, very likely, have to draw some arbitrary lines which can only imperfectly govern messy circumstances about which you have limited understanding.

(Edit: "To protect a fetuses rights, or even a smart-mouthed 12-year-old's, you necessarily have to get all up in some woman's, a mother's, personal space" isn't a true statement because dads, but I don't feel like rewriting it.)

Edited by kelley, 25 July 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#57 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

You knew I meant trying to solve the polarizing controversy of when life begins on a Chatter thread among neighbors was absurd so it was time to say something irreverent? Perceptive dude!

#58 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

This was one cold business woman.
Would it be better if the organs had been given away as opposed to being sold?
What do the people who end up with the purchased tissue do with it? Does it further research in curing diseases? Does it end up helping mankind in the longrun? The video never indicated.
What happens to the fetuses once the abortion is done? Is it cremated, buried or thrown away?
The entire thing is horrific but if good could come from it then isn't that better than nothing?
If a woman is determined nothing is going to stop her.
What is it you all suggest (I am not condoning this by the way) the woman carry a baby to term and place it up for adoption? The circumstances need to come into consideration and she may feel helpless with no support.
I believe they are given counseling before hand...I have no idea. I know I could not live with myself if I had ever done it.
I think extensive education in birth control, access to birth control and what it means to actually have a baby should be top priority now adays in school.
I like the idea of making it a required course for kids to carry one of those dolls that monitor the care given it when it crys, is hungry, needs changed, etc. and make it a pass or fail course.
The situation that happened yesterday with the 15 year old that gave birth, smothered and put the body in a drawer is almost too horrible to imagine. She was just stupid, saying it stuck it's tongue out at her when she started to kill it. She needs to be punished. She knew what she was doing, she was in a hospital for Christ's sake! She could have handed the child to a nurse and said she didn't want it. Stupid, stupid girl!
Had she been educated this might not have happened.
Which was worse, the child aborted months ago or being smothered to death yesterday?

I find it interesting to note this entire post was ignored...especially the first few questions.

#59 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

jiyabird, in this instance I don't believe the end justifies the means.

#60 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

How did this topic get steered away from some ***** wanting to kill more babies to sell and into an abortion debate? Yes, I get that you can't have one without the other, but for the pro abortion crowd, what is your opinion of the practice of vultures making money off the dead babies? Or, is that little fact intentionally being ignored?

I agree. I'll address this elsewhere.  http://clarkcountych...850-personhood/

• GrumpyGranny likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users