Photo

Planned Parenthood - Get your baby parts here!

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#21 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Most women are smart enough to know it's not "just a clump of cells" when they face this dilemma.

So, are you saying that most women getting abortions know that they are killing a baby with rights and continue to do so?

No sane woman would treat abortion as birth control (very expensive.)

Yet the majority of abortions are for that very purpose.

By law, no one can "sell" organs or tissue

Yet it is happening.

#22 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

This was one cold business woman.
Would it be better if the organs had been given away as opposed to being sold?
What do the people who end up with the purchased tissue do with it? Does it further research in curing diseases? Does it end up helping mankind in the longrun? The video never indicated.
What happens to the fetuses once the abortion is done? Is it cremated, buried or thrown away?
The entire thing is horrific but if good could come from it then isn't that better than nothing?
If a woman is determined nothing is going to stop her.
What is it you all suggest (I am not condoning this by the way) the woman carry a baby to term and place it up for adoption? The circumstances need to come into consideration and she may feel helpless with no support.
I believe they are given counseling before hand...I have no idea. I know I could not live with myself if I had ever done it.
I think extensive education in birth control, access to birth control and what it means to actually have a baby should be top priority now adays in school.
I like the idea of making it a required course for kids to carry one of those dolls that monitor the care given it when it crys, is hungry, needs changed, etc. and make it a pass or fail course.
The situation that happened yesterday with the 15 year old that gave birth, smothered and put the body in a drawer is almost too horrible to imagine. She was just stupid, saying it stuck it's tongue out at her when she started to kill it. She needs to be punished. She knew what she was doing, she was in a hospital for Christ's sake! She could have handed the child to a nurse and said she didn't want it. Stupid, stupid girl!
Had she been educated this might not have happened.
Which was worse, the child aborted months ago or being smothered to death yesterday?

#23 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

Russell, I am unequivocally saying that women deserve the right to their own decisions about their body and that is the law.   

#24 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

The better question would be, does the law make it right.

• Quasar and CityBoy like this

#25 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

I'm with you, but I also believe that the baby owns their body and has rights also. Do you believe that?

#26 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Or even better, does the law respect the rights of all parties involved?

#27 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

I believe that a lot of progress can be made with, as Dr. Paul describes, a change of heart and attitude. We, as a society, need to change our attitude towards women who become pregnant. We need to eliminate the shame that society heaps on these women. Motherhood should be celebrated. We also need to help these young girls who find themselves in a tough situation. I blame societal pressure that makes abortion an option that young girls are even considering. They are not tramps, trash or whores. They are women who ended up getting pregnant. Rape and incest victims are victims, not sluts.

We will always have abortion, legally or illegally, and the only way to make it as rare as everyone hopes it to become is for all of us to change our attitudes towards the unborn and the women who carry them. They both need and deserve our support and respect.

#28 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

My hat is off to you for trying to find a middle ground, but women don't normally abort because of s l u t shaming.  Nor can I stand judgmental on the sidelines when a woman/girl is victimized and say they should carry the pregnancy to term.  Nor can I stand by when a woman is facing her own health crisis without tolerance/understanding why she MUST abort.

I don't need a change of heart or attitude . . . I love the little stinkers!  But abortion needs to be legal with adequate medical assistance, or we return to the back alley abortionists that spell doom for women in extreme circumstances. 

Edited by Donna, 24 July 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#29 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

Donna, I am in the legal but extremely rare crowd. I believe that abortion should be legal in instances of the life of the mother, rape or incest. Even in those instances though I believe that we should respect the right of the child not to be treated cruelly. In the case of rape and incest I would put the cut off period at the moment of brain activity. In the case of the life of the mother I would have the abortion performed as soon as possible. If the child has brain activity then I would see to it that the child was anesthetized while they were being killed. We give murderers sedatives before we off them, why not an innocent child?

#30 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

And I was talking about a change of attitude by society. For instance, if a woman is raped she should feel that she could go to someone immediately and report it instead of feeling like she should keep it a secret. Then she could get the help she needs and an abortion can be performed very early before brain activity is even close to happening.

#31 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:35 PM

This should be a decision made by women. Not the self-righteous

and especially not by us. (men)

I always thought that libertarians supported personal freedoms.

I must have been mistaken.

• jiyabird and Donna like this

#32 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

You're not.
  • Russell Brooksbank likes this

#33 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

That includes EVERYBODY's personal freedom. Remember, in this situation we are dealing with two unique individuals who both have rights.

#34 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

Uhhhh ... that would be NO.

• Donna likes this

#35 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

No what? That there are two unique people involved?

#36 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

It is a scientific fact that a unique living person is created at the moment of conception.

#37 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

No ... that is not a fact. Try again.

• grammy likes this

#38 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:08 PM

Yes, it is a scientific fact. Not a legal opinion, but most definitely a scientific fact.

#39 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

1). A unique individual is created complete with their own unique DNA at the moment of conception.

2). From the moment of conception the newly created person exhibits the qualities of being alive.

3). From the moment of conception the newly created person has all the genetic markings of a homosapien.

They are, in fact, unique, living persons. Science says they are. When will the law catch up?

#40 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:44 PM

Does a pregnant woman have a right to smoke or drink alcohol?

Does the fetus have a right not to consume nicotine and alcohol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users