Photo

Planned Parenthood - Get your baby parts here!

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#181 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:05 PM

Are they truly selling baby parts "to the highest bidder"? Is price the sole determinant as to who gets tissue samples? Is there no other criteria? If there is, someone is misrepresenting the facts.

Actually, your focus on the highest bidder thing confused me a little. In reviewing the thread, I was responding to Donna who said nothing about highest bidder.

#182 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

Actually, your focus on the highest bidder thing confused me a little. In reviewing the thread, I was responding to Donna who said nothing about highest bidder.

I was just attempting to participate in the discussion as to what is a lie and what is a difference of opinion. My point was that the allusion that PP is "selling baby parts to the highest bidder" doesn't seem to me like it could be a difference of opinion. Either they do take bids on tissue samples or they don't. I have seen no evidence which suggests that they do. Anyway, sorry for butting in.

#183 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:34 PM

I was just attempting to participate in the discussion as to what is a lie and what is a difference of opinion. My point was that the allusion that PP is "selling baby parts to the highest bidder" doesn't seem to me like it could be a difference of opinion. Either they do take bids on tissue samples or they don't. I have seen no evidence which suggests that they do. Anyway, sorry for butting in.

No apology necessary. I just didn't get why you were directing that at me. I was responding directly to Donna's claim they don't sell baby parts, which is a somewhat subjective claim.

#184 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

Likely since FB spies on me when I'm elsewhere online, this Reason article about the anti-war left's descimation after Obama's election popped up and has some relevance.

"Alas, political tribalism warps people's perceptions of basic reality, convincing partisans they're entitled to their own facts. That's not new, nor is it limited to one side of the political spectrum. In a 1988 survey, over half of self-identified "strong Democrats" believed inflation had increased under President Reagan; it had actually come down nearly 10 points. Half of the Republicans in a 1996 poll believed Bill Clinton had increased the deficit, though it had dropped steadily during his tenure. Political scientist Adam J. Berinsky puts it starkly: "In the battle between facts and partisanship, partisanship always wins."

https://reason.com/a...killed-the-an/1
  • Quasar likes this

#185 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

Words do have consequences. People that aspire to be LEADERS should take care with their words. The first thing aspiring would-be leaders should refrain from is out and out lies, like Planned Parenthood DOES NOT SELL BABY PARTS!

I  think I would like to hear what the defendant has to say about whether he was influenced. 

Edited by Pesty Version 2, 01 December 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#186 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 07:48 PM

I believe he has already done that, quoting vile rhetoric from the GOP field of "presidential" candidates. Is that not accurate?

#187 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:08 PM

I believe he has already done that, quoting vile rhetoric from the GOP field of "presidential" candidates. Is that not accurate?

I must have missed it... what quote did he use?

#188 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:06 PM

Google it yourself. I will never change your mind, and you will never change mine.

Women have the right to own and possess their own bodies without interference of government or neighbors.

#189 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:24 AM

Google it yourself. I will never change your mind, and you will never change mine.

Women have the right to own and possess their own bodies without interference of government or neighbors.

Oh I have... and the only thing that I can find is various versions of this:

Colorado Springs, Colorado (CNN)Robert Lewis Dear, the suspect in Friday's shootings at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, mentioned "baby parts" to investigators and in later interviews expressed anti-abortion and anti-government views, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told CNN.

Is this what you're referring to as "vile rhetoric"? If not, I'd like to see it and if so you should reconsider what you consider to be "vile rhetoric". 

Just for the record... the public funding of PP or lack thereof, or the discussion of how PP handles / disposes of the bodies of the babies they've killed has nothing to do with a woman's right over their body. And as a broader topic our government has long ago assumed rights over our bodies (both men and women) that we have no control over. 

#190 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

Just for the record... the public funding of PP or lack thereof, or the discussion of how PP handles / disposes of the bodies of the babies they've killed has nothing to do with a woman's right over their body.

Glad you mentioned that. Since the law of the land permits women to legally obtain an abortion if she deems it necessary, and since you apparently find the use of tissue from aborted fetuses for research purposes (and the implementation of fees to cover the expenses of procurment) to be objectionable, what do you feel would be the proper way to dispose of aborted fetuses? Abortions are going to happen in this country and there will be aborted fetal matter to be disposed of. Given those absolute facts, I'm trying to understand the objections to efforts to render something good from an otherwise tragic situation.

• snowman and Donna like this

#191 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:43 AM

I like this! Let's get everything out in the open...

Planned Parenthood mounted a legal counterattack Thursday against the anti-abortion activists who used covertly taped videos to accuse the organization of trading in aborted baby parts, charging in a federal lawsuit that “anti-abortion extremists” had engaged in a three-year “complex criminal enterprise.”

The lawsuit, filed in Federal District Court in San Francisco, was brought by the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its seven California affiliates. The named defendants include the Center for Medical Progress (the anti-abortion group that made and released the videotapes); its director, David Daleiden, who appeared under an alias in many of the videos; Troy Newman, the head of Operation Rescue, who is accused of helping to plan the elaborate deception; and others who played roles in a sham medical company.

“The people behind this fraud lied and broke the law in order to spread malicious lies about Planned Parenthood,” said Dawn Laguens, executive vice president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America in a written statement. “We filed the case to hold them accountable.”

http://www.nytimes.c...tapes.html?_r=0

#192 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

Looks like someone in power is opposed to exposing the apparently legal baby parts black market... time to pay the price... I wonder what affect this might have on investigative reporting done by the main stream media?

Daleiden’s secret videos, recorded with the aid of other Center for Medical Progress employees, showed Planned Parenthood officials willing — even eager — to discuss exchanging fetal remains for money, even to the point of potentially altering the method of abortion to preserve the desired organs. 

While Daleiden has steadfastly claimed that he and his employees complied with all applicable laws in the course of their investigation, a grand jury in Harris County, Texas, yesterday indicted Daleiden and one of his employees, charging both of them with felony counts for tampering with a government document. The grand jury also charged Daleiden with a misdemeanor related to purchasing human organs. Precise details of the charges weren’t immediately available, though the New York Times reports that the “tampering” charge was related to the alleged creation of false identification cards used to gain access to Planned Parenthood facilities. Ironically enough — and to the immense glee of the pro-abortion Left — the grand jury that indicted Daleiden had been originally convened at the request of Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick to investigate Planned Parenthood. The grand jury cleared Planned Parenthood and instead indicted Daleiden.

In this case, one of the prosecutors in the Harris County district attorney’s office sits on the board of Planned Parenthood, Gulf Coast.

#193 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:38 AM

No profits huh?

Video Shows Planned Parenthood Executive Sought to Hide Profits from Baby-Parts Sales

A new video released by the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) appears to show how Planned Parenthood uses accounting gimmicks to hide profits created through the sale of body parts of aborted babies.

A financial benefit “is what staff and management need to see,” says an executive at a Planned Parenthood facility in Texas.

#194 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

If you are on the "wrong" side of what has been deemed as "proper"...

You. Must. Be. Destroyed.

http://news.yahoo.co...-002800398.html

#195 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

I'm still waiting for the pro-lifers to rush into Flint, Michigan and save THOSE babies!

#196 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

Who says pro-lifers aren't among those helping? Many private individuals and businesses sent water to those suffering from a government-caused tragedy.

#197 Riverfool

Riverfool

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

Just google Church's helping flint and read the tons of news stories, I have a feeling some of them are Pro Life... I support Pro Choice up to the point that you Choose to have sex and conceived a child. I would say then you made your choice and the baby wants to live is their choice..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users