Photo

Planned Parenthood - Get your baby parts here!

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

After reading this I'm numb... I had no idea that this goes on... maybe someone can point out that this is just a sick joke and is not really happening... 

“We’re not in it for the money,” and “The money is not the important thing,” but she immediately qualifies each statement with, respectively, “But what were you thinking of?” and, “But it has to be big enough that it’s worthwhile for me.”

Gatter also admits that in prior fetal tissue deals, Planned Parenthood received payment in spite of incurring no cost: “It was logistically very easy for us, we didn’t have to do anything. So there was compensation for this.” She accepts a higher price of $100 per specimen understanding that it will be only for high-quality fetal organs: “Now, this is for tissue that you actually take, not just tissue that someone volunteers and you can’t find anything, right?”

By the lunch’s end, Gatter suggests $100 per specimen is not enough and concludes, “Let me just figure out what others are getting, and if this is in the ballpark, then it’s fine, if it’s still low, then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini.”

Gatter also suggests modifying the abortion procedure to get more intact fetuses: “I wouldn’t object to asking Ian, who’s our surgeon who does the cases, to use an IPAS [manual vacuum aspirator] at that gestational age in order to increase the odds that he’s going to get an intact specimen.”

#2 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

I can't type my opinion of a waste of oxygen such as this Gatter "woman", you'd ban me. That being said, this is proof that evil walks among us.

• GrumpyGranny, CityBoy and Russell Brooksbank like this

#3 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

Sick...

• CityBoy and Russell Brooksbank like this

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

It's sad that some are seeking prosecution of those involved in recording these people...

Apparently they believe that PP has a right to kill baby's and then sell baby body parts in any manner that they wish...

#5 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

Stunning lack of outrage about this, especially from the lamestream media. Anyone out there want to explain to me why this is acceptable in America?
  • GrumpyGranny, Bigfoot, Tina and 2 others like this

#6 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I think the thing that bothers me most about this is that they supposedly get the mother's permission by calling it "tissue".  If it is a fully formed organ they are harvesting, this is more than just "tissue".  If the consent form said "may we use ORGANS for scientific research" then yes, this might make some mothers doubt whether they go ahead with an abortion or not.  But if you are truly pro-choice, then you need to be comfortable allowing that mother to make a fully informed CHOICE, even up to the last minute.   Many women go into & out of that clinic believing the line "it is just a clump of cells".  People, this should be a wake up call.  It's more than just a clump of cells if they are able to extract vital organs.

• Quasar and CityBoy like this

#7 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

Kirsten Powers on the subject of killing baby's... for parts... 

This is stomach-turning stuff. But the problem here is not one of tone. It’s the crushing. It’s the organ harvesting of  fetuses that abortion-rights activists want us to believe have no more moral value than a fingernail. It’s the lie that these are not human beings worthy of protection. There is no nice way to talk about this. As my friend and former Obama White House staffer Michael Wear tweeted, “It should bother us as a society that we have use for aborted human organs, but not the baby that provides them.”

http://www.usatoday....owers/30426475/

#8 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

A person is a person no matter what stage of development they are in or what level of dependency they have on another person.

#9 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

Aw, babies . . . what's not to love?  They are stinkin' cute!  Had a couple myself, am impressed (and very proud) of the individuals they are growing up to be!

But, what about the girl who doesn't want to be her Daddy's baby momma?  Or the mother of her brother's offspring.  What about that vile creature that raped and left his seed?

How about that woman who faces a health crisis?  She's on a transplant waiting list.  Once pregnant, she moves to the back of the line.  Or she has to delay chemo or radiation as she struggles with cancer.

What about that woman who already has children sitting around the table hungry?

No one can call themselves free that do not own and possess their own bodies.  When we ask the government to enter matters of the womb, understand that that door swings on a double hinge.  If today no woman can make their own personal decision to abort, tomorrow, the government can very well tell us which women can have a child and which ones cannot.  Tread carefully.

#10 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

I do not believe that an honest conversation about abortion can take place until the fact that we are dealing with two distinct people who both have rights is recognized. Does that make abortion illegal? No. It just means that we consider the rights of both individuals when we, as a society, decide whose rights get violated, when, how, by whom and for what duration.

As far as this thread is concerned though, it makes me sick to think that there are people as calloused as the women in these videos who actually claim the title of Doctor.

#11 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

That's my point, Russell.  "We, as a society" do not get to choose this matter. 

NO ONE CAN CALL THEMSELVES FREE THAT DO NOT OWN AND POSSESS THEIR OWN BODIES!

• GrumpyGranny and snowman like this

#12 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

I do believe it is a woman's right to choose whether to have an abortion.  Abortion is a very personal decision and the circumstances of the pregnancy should play a big part in the decision for/against an abortion. In cases of incest, rape or the pregnancy being a real danger to the mother's health, I would not judge a woman who chose abortion. On the other hand, I do not believe abortion should be used as a means of birth control.

For most women I doubt that the decision to have an abortion is an easy one to make. Adding the horror of what planned parenthood is doing...selling tissue, organs, body parts of the aborted fetuses...

It is wrong, so horribly wrong! People like those in the article are sick, greedy people and should be stopped.

• Tina likes this

#13 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

That's my point, Russell. "We, as a society" do not get to choose this matter.

NO ONE CAN CALL THEMSELVES FREE THAT DO NOT OWN AND POSSESS THEIR OWN BODIES!

We are not free... we/they do not "own and possess their own bodies"

There are many laws telling us what we can and can't do with our own bodies... not saying that's right... just pointing out that fact...

#14 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

My point is that there is more than one person's body involved Donna. We as a society decide what happens when the rights of two people intersect. Both the baby and mother have rights. The mother definitely owns her body. The baby owns their body also. No matter what decision we make one, or both, of the people will have their rights violated. That's the nature of this situation. I just don't think an honest conversation can be had without that being our starting point.

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

Some people honestly don't see it that way, and conversations on the subject between two people coming from such different perspectives are virtually impossible.

If you believe a child is a person right after conception, that leads to one moral conclusion. If you don't, you're lead to a completely different one.

It boils down purely to personal belief, and it's virtually impossible to get someone to change that kind of belief.
  • Donna likes this

#16 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

Maybe we should look to a higher authority.

#17 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

My belief that a person is a person from conception is based on scientific fact in my opinion. You are correct though, we are entitled to our opinion as to who is a person or not, but should we make law based on opinion or fact?

#18 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

Some people honestly don't see it that way, and conversations on the subject between two people coming from such different perspectives are virtually impossible.

If you believe a child is a person right after conception, that leads to one moral conclusion. If you don't, you're lead to a completely different one.

It boils down purely to personal belief, and it's virtually impossible to get someone to change that kind of belief.

Selling organs complicates it a bit from the "just a clump of cells" belief.

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar and Russell Brooksbank like this

#19 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

Most women are smart enough to know it's not "just a clump of cells" when they face this dilemma.  No sane woman would treat abortion as birth control (very expensive.) 

By law, no one can "sell" organs or tissue. 

The sting group has offered up edited video.  If what they purport is true, they shouldn't need to take anything out of context.  Let the video roll. 

Planned Parenthood offers so many other services, mostly to low income PEOPLE, not just women.  You need contraceptives (male or female), STD testing (male or female) or gynecological exams (okay, this one's for the ladies!)  They do all that and more. 

#20 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

Planned Parenthood offers so many other services, mostly to low income PEOPLE, not just women.  You need contraceptives (male or female), STD testing (male or female) or gynecological exams (okay, this one's for the ladies!)  They do all that and more. 

Two things... first is that we now have Obamacare... second is that PP should be able to function without public money... especially since they are making a killing on selling baby organs... 

• GrumpyGranny likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users