76 replies to this topic

#21 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

I didn't know that the question was directed specifically at me Debbie. I apologize. I would defer the answer to that question to our County Chairman and the Candidate.

I still think it's awesome that we have two Libertarians in the race.
  • Debbie likes this

#22 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:46 AM

Debbie, here is the answer I believe you are looking for. Read this:
http://www.clarklp.o...own-council-bid

and this:
http://www.clarklp.o...ng-other-things

#23 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

Wait, did I see that Mr. Keister is a candidate no longer due to a paperwork error? What happened?

I do not believe Mr. Keister lives in the district he signed up to represent.  Even if the 'paperwork error' was not a disqualifier, his residence was outside the district (if my info is correct).  IMO, the candidate screwed up by attempting to run in a district for which he was not qualified, and the county elections office screwed up by allowing him to do so.  

If I've missed something here, someone please correct me.  Thanks.

#24 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

I do not believe Mr. Keister lives in the district he signed up to represent.  Even if the 'paperwork error' was not a disqualifier, his residence was outside the district (if my info is correct).  IMO, the candidate screwed up by attempting to run in a district for which he was not qualified, and the county elections office screwed up by allowing him to do so.  

If I've missed something here, someone please correct me.  Thanks.

It's so funny to me that a candidate has to live in a certain district to run.

If they just had to live in that district to vote for that candidate....

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and Russell Brooksbank like this

#25 Debbie

Debbie

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Debbie, here is the answer I believe you are looking for. Read this:
http://www.clarklp.o...own-council-bid
and this:
http://www.clarklp.o...ng-other-things

Holy crap, what a mess the election laws are! I see one section where it clearly states that June 30 is the deadline which sounds like it was met? But then I am totally confused over the "notice of intent" form. WTH is that about? Should it really be this difficult and confusing to get a person on the ballot? And if the local office accepted the forms shouldn't they be held accountable in some way?
  • kelley, Russell Brooksbank and Thomas Keister like this

#26 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

There were a lot of errors. It is my understanding that someone at the clerks office told Mr. Keister which district he was in. There is confusion, even amongst our town government, as to the where the boundaries lie. If you look on the town's website I should be in District 4. Even the state's smartphone app has me in District 4. According to an ordinance passed in 2012 though I am in District 2. I don't blame Mr. Keister for trusting the folks down at the clerks office. They are normally on top of things. This instance, however, well let's chalk it up to unfair rules coupled with changes made to districting that nobody seemed to want to change on the maps.

#27 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:27 AM

Holy crap, what a mess the election laws are! I see one section where it clearly states that June 30 is the deadline which sounds like it was met? But then I am totally confused over the "notice of intent" form. WTH is that about? Should it really be this difficult and confusing to get a person on the ballot? And if the local office accepted the forms shouldn't they be held accountable in some way?

Add in to it the fact that the Republican and Democrat parties have written different rules for themselves than everyone else has to follow. Their County Chairmen are allowed to fill ballot vacancies, but we have to have our State Chairman file our NOI and sign the forms for the candidates, even though we have done so in the past. You're right. It is a mess and it favors those in power.

#28 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:31 AM

The NOI is basically a statement saying that we intend to fill ballot vacancies.

#29 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

Mr. Keister what say you???

#30 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

As Mr. Keister is our communications director and composed the press releases on the matter, that's what he says.

#31 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

I'm certain that some time today Mr. Keister will make an appearance and answer any questions posed.

#32 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

TIC TOC

#33 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Some of us have lives to live and jobs to attend to Sleepy.

#34 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

TRUE

#35 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:57 PM

Russell

Mr. K

Already did a news release on 7.31.15.

We are aware he is no longer a candidate, check his blog.

Edited by Sleepy, 06 August 2015 - 02:58 PM.

#36 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

Umm....Sleepy. If you read up a few posts you would have noticed that I linked to said press releases. I am well aware.

#37 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

Well at least he has his Presidential run

I for one am glad he has no shot to represent Clarksville.

After looking over his twitter feed I see no place for a person

who uses the F word multiple times and many other words my

mother taught me not to use.  

Of course this is just one of many reasons  I personally would never vote for this man.

If this man is a communication director for a party I sure hope this language is only used to represent himself.

JUST MY 2 cents.....I hope everyone Votes....We have choices.

#38 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

I haven't seen any of that type of language in any of the official party communications he has put out. It has been very professional and very well written. I agree with you in that I am not a big fan of swearing all the time. Although, I have to admit that I do swear on occasion. It is one of those personal struggles I have. That being said, as long as Thomas' personal way of communicating doesn't bleed over into party business and he continues to do a good job then I see no problem with him as communications director.
  • kelley likes this

#39 Debbie

Debbie

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:19 PM

Well at least he has his Presidential run

I for one am glad he has no shot to represent Clarksville.

After looking over his twitter feed I see no place for a person

who uses the F word multiple times and many other words my

mother taught me not to use.

Of course this is just one of many reasons I personally would never vote for this man.

If this man is a communication director for a party I sure hope this language is only used to represent himself.

JUST MY 2 cents.....I hope everyone Votes....We have choices.

If you want everyone to vote, why would you be happy that there is one less choice for the voters?

Also before you vote do you go around and somehow check with close family and friends of each politician to see whether or not they use curse words?

Edited by Debbie, 06 August 2015 - 06:22 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Russell Brooksbank and 1 other like this

#40 Thomas Keister

Thomas Keister

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Where to begin...

IMHO, the former candidate did not screw up. I was relying on information that was brought up on a laptop at the counter of the voter registration office. The state of Indiana screwed up the updating of the app, post-2012, and the delay in getting district maps for Clark County/Clarksville was for reasons unknown to myself. If the employee at the Voter Registration office punches in info, then tells me I'm in District 3, at what point should that not have been okay with me? 

And Sleepy, how I choose to express or represent my opinions, last time I checked, is strictly of my own concern. When acting in my capacity as the Comm Dir for the LPCC, I use professional language suitable for the situation, because I am representing the party. If I choose to use that language on my website or my social media network, to promote myself or my creative projects/business interests, then I realize the possibility of turning off a segment of the people that promotion is reaching. That is a chance I take as a businessperson.

Freedom is an F word, also, even when it applies to speech, sir. 

• kelley, Debbie and Russell Brooksbank like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users