36 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Someone has reported to Vicki Conlin that a contractor cutting grass for the city has removed her sign and replaced it with her opponent's.

C'mon. Keep it classy, folks.

Edited by kelley, 01 May 2015 - 06:46 PM.

#2 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:00 PM

Just another reason why ALL signs should be outlawed in my opinion.  Not only do they litter the landscape but I sincerely doubt that people vote based merely on seeing someone's name on a sign --- at least I hope they don't.   If people vote based on seeing a sign, then we really do have a problem in this city/county/state/country!  

Of course, the companies making the signs wouldn't like banning them!   Just like most things in government, it's all about money!  

I vote for eliminating signs!!!!

• GrumpyGranny, Beading Lady, Kruger87 and 2 others like this

#3 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

I didn't know we had contractors cutting grass for the city except at the new park. Did you get a location?

#4 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

I didn't know we had contractors cutting grass for the city except at the new park. Did you get a location?

I didn't, but I'd guess Vicki did from the caller. I know nothing about who cuts grass.

#5 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

Word is contractor cuts grass for Planning and Zoning.

#6 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

That explains it all.

#7 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:05 AM

How so?  (I feel like the thread title!)

#8 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

I didn't, but I'd guess Vicki did from the caller. I know nothing about who cuts grass.

Let's see in a post on another thread to SR I posted that Rick Loven was contacted to cut grass for planning and zoning could this have been a area that was contacted to him by planning and zoning?

#9 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Still won't answer, huh....

#10 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

Still won't answer, huh....

Still won't answers what? I gave you what you ask for. If there is council members promised anything from Moore or Julius I'm unaware. If you have a inside scoop when let er rip! I know you and Moore meet on regular basis and anything you may think you have is coming from him and if that is the case I'm sure it's a lie.

#11 dfrantz

dfrantz

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

I talked to the unnamed culprit in this thread, Rick Lovan, and he explained to me what really happened.

First Rick was cutting the grass at an empty house, Vickies sign was in the yard, there was also another sign which he pulled,and after cutting he put both signs back in the same spots. Since the house was empty he put up one of my signs.

There is no way Rick or any of the Lovans would do this type of dirty low down thing. And if they did I wouldn't want their support.

But since I know what the real story is, and what type people Rick and the rest of the Lovans are I am happy for any of their support

#12 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Since the house was empty he put up one of my signs.

So that's how it works you find empty house and vacant lots to put just political signs... Nice to know.

#13 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Did you miss that there were already 2 signs at this vacant house?

#14 Vicki

Vicki

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

Permission was granted for the two signs and were not in the area of being mowed.

• Not Super But Honest Mike and Tina like this

#15 dfrantz

dfrantz

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

yes I have quite a few more empty houses in this city I need to put up signs in.

#16 dfrantz

dfrantz

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

I tried to explain that someone who was accused of doing a bad thing, but actually did the right thing. Whether it was an empty house he was trying to help me out. and appreciate his attempt. And if you look, she said there are 2 signs there obviously she knew they were still there

#17 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

I could care less what signs are in the yard they do nothing to change my vote, I'm just glad someone is cutting the grass..

• cindiloohoo, Kruger87, snowman and 5 others like this

#18 hmnelson3

hmnelson3

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

I ride down the road and see all the signs every where what a mess. I don't know any thing about these people. And they are running for office. A lot of people in this city may not know any thing about them who to vote for and why? :rofl:

#19 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

I think the new City Council should pass an ordinance to outlaw ALL political signs. Would save a lot of money for candidates and eliminate thievery and an unsightly mess. No one votes based on a name on a sign anyway (or let's hope they don't). Is this something the Council can ban? Does anyone know?

#20 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Can't.

First Amendment.
  • Donna and Russell Brooksbank like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users