12 replies to this topic

#1 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

Moore had all the press covering the announcement of his big change for Duffy Landing. Was going to combine the entrance/exit and align it with Pawnee Drive and make a four way stop. Redevelopment approved 150,000 of our scarce tax dollars for this ritzy glitzy project. It was completed, paved, lines painted and poof it all disappeared. The ritzy glitzy new road built with scarce tax dollars is gone. We're there any press releases? Was ritzy glitzy moore in front of a camera explaining how he wasted our scarce tax dollars? Did this ritzy glitzy project not garner the votes ritzy glitzy moore thought he would get from the ritzy glitzy project?

#2 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

Spending Concerns

Meet

Subliminally Unconscious Political Lexicon Usage

Congratulations!

The subliminally  learned/acquired terms/phrases "Glitzy" and "Scarce Tax Dollars"

are in use!
"Glitzy Spending" and "Scarce Tax Dollars" have  now caught on as the new catch-phrases in 2015 !
Rock on!
:poke: :thumbsup: :D

Edited by Savile Row, 30 April 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#3 Buford T Justice

Buford T Justice

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

"Ritzy" and "glitzy" have been trending on Twitter ever since Mike went crazy with the use of them...

#4 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

So bottom line, what happened??...Granted I wasn't a fan of having a 4-way there anyway.

#5 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:37 PM

looks like a vote getting idea turned sour. I drove up Pawnee drive and there were more Julius signs than moore signs. wasting our scarce tax dollars doesn't matter when it comes to getting...or keeping...votes!

#6 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:22 AM

It was a bad idea to have one entrance.  And a 4-way stop even worse idea.  If the Mayor is responsible for stopping that, good on him!

• Woodslover likes this

#7 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

But ......the single entrance and 4 way stop were the mayor's idea to begin with. After a kid was hit there trying to cross the road the mayor came up with  single entrance and 4 way stop to make it a safer crossing.  His idea, his bad idea, our wasted tax dollars.

#8 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:22 AM

Sounds like he had good intentions to begin with though, right?   I'm satisfied we won't have a stop sign there.

#9 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

Sounds like he had good intentions to begin with though, right?   I'm satisfied we won't have a stop sign there.

What would be the solution to keep someone from getting killed there?

Most folks run 50 mph. on Utica Pike.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#10 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

The speed limit is 40. We should start by enforcing that.

• GrumpyGranny, Stinkeymonkey and Woodslover like this

#11 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

You weren't supposed to see that MIKE!!! Now you ruined his surprise!!!

#12 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:04 PM

This best part of living in Cherokee Terrace is coming down that hill to the Pike and that beautiful view...If I lived up there I wouldn't be thrilled leaving in the morning and now seeing 3 crumbled looking cement barricades sitting there instead...I'll assume that isn't permanent though.

#13 Glad I came

Glad I came

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

I was raised a Repub. I did not vote for Moore last time and will not vote for him this time. He seems to put the cart before the horse on his decision making. I spend a lot of time at Duffy's Landing, I would like to see improvements there but done correctly. Spend a little more money where people use the boat ramp and cut back on the docks down town .

• SandS likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users