27 replies to this topic

#21 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

some ignorant folks think homosexuality is a choice. he is one of them. and he's a christian? praying to God for Obama to die and go to hell? i'm pretty sure this disqualifies him.

• Donna likes this

#22 Debbie

Debbie

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

So it looks like someone wanted to discuss the question, "Is homosexuality a choice?" I don't know if it is a choice or not. The evidence appears to be headed in the direction that it is not a choice though and I have no problem accepting that as a possible truth.

What I'm curious about is why that is even a point to be made or rebutted. Choice or not, any behavior related to it that is consensual is no business of mine.

I prefer to let people live their lives as they see fit as I hope they would do the same for me.

Edited by Debbie, 01 May 2015 - 06:13 AM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Beading Lady and 5 others like this

#23 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

I tried to be careful with my introduction. That's why I said "some of you". But I apologize if people were still offended by it. Did you hear that everyone? I said I APOLOGIZE. Let me say that one more time...I am sorry for my awkward language in the first post. Okay?

Now...how about those videos? What do you think about those comments Pastor Anderson made about homosexuality being a choice? Or what do you all think about his comments about Obama?

I appreciate the apology. Can't help you with thoughts on it though because I don't watch crap like that. Pretty sure it kills brain cells.

Edited by kelley, 01 May 2015 - 10:43 AM.

• littletommy likes this

#24 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

There's been all sorts of people with all sorts of opinions since humans first walked the Earth, and now, anybody can get a youtube account and start uploading videos, it's called the world we live in. I didn't watch the video, either, don't care, have better things to do.

Youtube is loaded with differing opinions.

I do have to laugh a little when those who claim to be so tolerant, are almost always the first ones to throw out the words "ignorant" "bigot" "racist" "homophobe" whatever, the list goes on and on. :rofl:

• woo likes this

#25 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

I think the racists have been so successful at playing the reverse racism card that it is now worse to call a person a racist...than to be one. 

#26 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:05 PM

I think the racists have been so successful at playing the reverse racism card that it is now worse to call a person a racist...than to be one.

That is... pretty funny...
  • Pesty Version 2 likes this

#27 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

I do have to laugh a little when those who claim to be so tolerant, are almost always the first ones to throw out the words "ignorant" "bigot" "racist" "homophobe" whatever, the list goes on and on. :rofl:

Sometimes those quotes are attributed to people who don't actually say them. I don't think anybody in this thread called anybody those names. I know that I certainly didn't.

#28 cindiloohoo

cindiloohoo

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

Whatever else one might be tempted to say about the good pastor, I think we can all agree that the word loony pretty much covers it.

• GrumpyGranny, Donna and grammy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Christianity, Obama, Homosexuals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users