29 replies to this topic

#21 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:08 PM

So here is an interesting question that was posed to me last week by a friend. My friend said that the outcry was very loud and very strong that GCS needed to remove Pait and hire a proven coach. Proven coaches know how to negotiate good deals, plus many community members made this a "sellers" market for a coach with Coach Luce's credentials. The question posed to me was did all of those who came out so strongly against Matt Pait and for a "big name" coach set the superintendent and school board up for this weak negotiating position? 

Edited by Holy Cow, 05 May 2015 - 12:10 PM.

• Donna likes this

#22 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:40 PM

The tide turns, and, now, Holy Cow wonders if the administration was "set . . . up for this weak negotiating position?" 

So, do we endow MOST of the taxpayers dollars in administration, sports, or, here's a real novel idea, children's education?

It is all about the children, RIGHT?

• IntegrityMatters likes this

#23 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

I simply shared a question asked to me. Given the intense criticism and pressure put on the administration and school board to get rid of the previous coach and hire a proven winner, I did find the question interesting. Heck, some of the comments regarding the coaching situation on this very forum (which many on here claim that the administration regularly read) could be used to substantiate the question that I was asked.

Edited by Holy Cow, 06 May 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#24 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

Since when does the administration/board pay any attention to "intense criticism and pressure"?   

• Donna likes this

#25 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Poor New Washington.

#26 Avid Reader

Avid Reader

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:09 PM

New Washington parents could speak with their school choice. If a large number of New Washington parents sent their children to West Clark Schools, Rock Creek or Christian Academy you had better believe GCCS would take notice. Be very clear as to why they are changing districts and Melin will get the message.

Edited by Avid Reader, 06 May 2015 - 03:09 PM.

#27 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:35 PM

Distance wise, wouldn't Madison schools also be a choice?

#28 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hanover would be closer than Madison -- 

• Tina likes this

#29 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:57 PM

West Clark has been overwhelmed with dissatisfied parents/students from GCCS and FC/NA.  Hanover, Madison and/or Clarksville might provide the educational sanctuary. 

It's a shame that there is such a resistance to alternate educational solutions (charters) from school administrations and, according to Holy Cow, teachers, as well. 

If the administrators cannot/will not operate the administration within a budget without their own bloat, don't ask the taxpayers to compensate. 

#30 Avid Reader

Avid Reader

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

The $60,000 cost for two radio towers at JHS and CHS was approved at the board meeting. So, no radio tower for New Washington?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users