9 replies to this topic

#1 flowergirl

flowergirl

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

For the first time in forever, I'll be voting in person instead of absentee this year (yay!). But because it's been so long I'm not sure what I need to do LOL. How many forms of ID do I need? I know it might sound silly, but I've voted absentee for 10 years and just want to make sure when I get to the polls next week I'm prepared. 

#2 JenS

JenS

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

I have only ever needed my license.
  • kelley and flowergirl like this

#3 flowergirl

flowergirl

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

Thanks! 

#4 Manny12

Manny12

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

You can also go to the court house Saturday at nine to early vote.
  • flowergirl likes this

#5 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

I encourage everyone in the 1st district, my district, to get out and vote. When you do I also encourage you to not vote John Perkins!!! There are so many other candidates there to chose from. Choosing him is like pick up a rotten tomato over a ripe one!!

• Not Super But Honest Mike, CaptainPicard, flowergirl and 2 others like this

#6 18shortcreek

18shortcreek

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

We voted this morning.  No one there besides us.   Usually we have to wait, so Becka you can count on  our two votes. We wish you success and, frankly, I'll be glad when this election is over.   If every elections in all the cities in the USA are like our, the post office will have to hire extra mailmen(or women!) to carry mail no one wants to receive, plus phone calls that interrupt our meals, and door bells ringing.

I do admire candidates who get out door to door and talk to us and answer questions we may have.   I do remember those who have been to the house and often vote for them even tho I may not know too much about them.   Certainly they can't be much worse than the people or families in office who have made the courthouse their home!

• flowergirl likes this

#7 flowergirl

flowergirl

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:29 AM

I'm just happy that this year I'll get the "I voted" sticker. I think they should send those in the absentee ballots when they go out. I'm a political nerd and I'm so excited that this year I can actually go in and cast my ballot in person. I always do my best to cast my absentee ballot (when there's not some sort of glitch about sending them overseas.......) but it's just different to be able to do it in person :-)

#8 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

I encourage everyone in the 1st district, my district, to get out and vote. When you do I also encourage you to not vote John Perkins!!! There are so many other candidates there to chose from. Choosing him is like pick up a rotten tomato over a ripe one!!

I don't live in District 1, but can't I just say that I do and vote there?  If it works for candidates it should work for voters too.

Seriously though, I live in District 4 and have heard very little about District 4 candidates, or the at-large ones for that matter.

Edited by Hickory Huskers, 30 April 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#9 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

I don't live in District 1, but can't I just say that I do and vote there?  If it works for candidates it should work for voters too.

Seriously though, I live in District 4 and have heard very little about District 4 candidates, or the at-large ones for that matter.

well Perkins knew better to walk our neighborhood looking for support. Knowing John he went and preyed on the elderly who can't get out and vote.

#10 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

[quote name="Hickory Huskers" post="155836" timestamp="1430405134"]I don't live in District 1, but can't I just say that I do and vote there?  If it works for candidates it should work for voters too.

Seriously though, I live in District 4 and have heard very little about District 4 candidates, or the at-large ones for that matter.[/quote

Just give Perkins address on 7th street. It worked for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users