Photo

Nepotism, who has signed and who has not!!

Who supports it!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

I was browsing on the City web site last night and I saw in the Public Document section there was a folder marked "Nepotism". So I clicked on it and saw that all of the city council had to sign the agreement and it was filed online for our access. The one I cannot seem to find on here is the Mayor's. The funny thing is that the Mayor signed into effect the ordinance but did not sign the letter that all the council had to sign. The ordinance number is 2012-OR-29 and here is a link to it:

http://services.city...4647/Page1.aspx

Found it interesting that the man who signed it does have an individual letter agreeing to like the others. After all the vice president signed the ordinance and then signed an individual letter. Does the Mayor not support this ordinance and allows it to happen? Is this not the same thing as the good ole boy system that he preached against 4 years ago? Good thing Girlfriends don't count!!

• hillbilly highway likes this

#2 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

Come On Mayor

#3 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

I was browsing on the City web site last night and I saw in the Public Document section there was a folder marked "Nepotism". So I clicked on it and saw that all of the city council had to sign the agreement and it was filed online for our access. The one I cannot seem to find on here is the Mayor's. The funny thing is that the Mayor signed into effect the ordinance but did not sign the letter that all the council had to sign. The ordinance number is 2012-OR-29 and here is a link to it:

http://services.city...4647/Page1.aspx

Found it interesting that the man who signed it does have an individual letter agreeing to like the others. After all the vice president signed the ordinance and then signed an individual letter. Does the Mayor not support this ordinance and allows it to happen? Is this not the same thing as the good ole boy system that he preached against 4 years ago? Good thing Girlfriends don't count!!

It seems that the Anti Nepotism is a state statute passed a few years ago.  I think that all divisions of government, cities, towns and counties, have to adopt the state statute.

If they don't there are penalties involved.  I believe all department heads and elected officials have to sign it.  Not sure how it works.

Maybe Pesky can help out on this one.

#4 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

It seems that the Anti Nepotism is a state statute passed a few years ago.  I think that all divisions of government, cities, towns and counties, have to adopt the state statute.

If they don't there are penalties involved.  I believe all department heads and elected officials have to sign it.  Not sure how it works.

Maybe Pesky can help out on this one.

Thanks BB!! Not sure how it really works from the elected officials stance. When I worked at a major employer in Louisville, I don't want to say the 3 letters, they were very serious about the Nepotism policy there. I also know we have an elected official who has a child working for a department here in the city last year and most likely again this year.

#5 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

Having a policy is one thing ---  abiding by it is quite another.   This is Clark County --- I don't think policies mean very much.

• Kruger87 likes this

#6 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Having a policy is one thing ---  abiding by it is quite another.   This is Clark County --- I don't think policies mean very much.

We Don't need no stinking policies!!!!

#7 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

Thanks BB!! Not sure how it really works from the elected officials stance. When I worked at a major employer in Louisville, I don't want to say the 3 letters, they were very serious about the Nepotism policy there. I also know we have an elected official who has a child working for a department here in the city last year and most likely again this year.

That happens a lot at wastewater and parks dept. I know that Ashack had his son working there at one time and his wife

#8 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:21 AM

That happens a lot at wastewater and parks dept. I know that Ashack had his son working there at one time and his wife

Kinda like the Mayor and his Daughter who was working at the aquatic center. Then again if he did not sign a letter like the rest of the council did I guess he figures it does not apply to him.

#9 Troglodad

Troglodad

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

If memory serves the law says a relative can't supervise a relative. An office holder couldnt hire a relative, or hire someone to a position where they'd be supervised by a relative. I think the statute allowed for grandfathering in folks already hired

#10 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

Kinda like the Mayor and his Daughter who was working at the aquatic center. Then again if he did not sign a letter like the rest of the council did I guess he figures it does not apply to him.

Nothing applies to A GOD MAYOR. There two sets of rules one for him and one for everyone else. It's his world we are just living in it.
I sure do hope people will wise up and vote him out. He isn't the worst mayor we have ever had but he is in a close second with Rob Waiz who by the way is Moore's RD director.

Edited by hillbilly highway, 03 May 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#11 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

Nothing applies to A GOD MAYOR. There two sets of rules one for him and one for everyone else. It's his world we are just living in it.
I sure do hope people will wise up and vote him out. He isn't the worst mayor we have ever had but he is in a close second with Rob Waiz who by the way is Moore's RD director.

Oh you don't have to tell me who signs Waiz's check! Funny thing the shoe was reversed a while back when Moore was signing a check for rent!! No conflict of interest there when your boss is renting an apartment from you. Good thing the taxpayers spoke up about it on here! Then there was Waiz's huge sewer bill that he tried to get erased with a $50 plumbing bill. Maybe Waiz felt that was Moore's fault, he left the toliet running after he moved out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users