70 replies to this topic

#61 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

The cost of going to the restroom is high in Jeffersonville! The new restroom at Big Four park cost 633,550 Dollars to construct. The men's side has 2 urinals, two stalls, and 3 sinks,not sure of the women's side but I'm guessing 4 or 6 stalls and the same number of sinks. This seems more than just a tad on the high side to me.

The restroom is concrete masonry construction (concrete block) covered with some very expensive aluminum panels. Listed below are some of the costs.

120,000 for concrete masonry walls
160,000 for aluminum panels
33,250 for aluminum soffit and trim
15,000 for painting
83,700 for plumbing and water fountains
28,000 for HVAC
74,250 for electric
1,500 for toilet compartments
1,500 for toilet accessories

Could this have been built for less? I'm sure. But when they are spending our tax dollars the sky is the limit!

Maybe we should have someone taking pictures of the people using the restroom and saying something like .....I visited Jeffersonvilles 633,550 dollar restroom.....and selling them to the visitors.

This restroom was part of the design provided by the Estopinal Group for the park. They had a no bid contract for design services and were paid 363,000 for the design. That price does not include change order fees.

The enclosed area under the bridge ramp that is covered in the same expensive aluminum panels is the control room for the water feature. It cost 396,950 to construct. Total cost for the restroom and the control room was 1,030,500 tax dollars.

Can we afford more moore progress?

By the way, under the canal proposal, the construction costs of this park were being paid for by the developer from Texas.

Maybe RD could have used that money to keep city court open ops sorry I had a SR flash back.

#62 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

If it bothers a business owner to have the public to come into their shop to use restroom, put up a sign no public restroom like many do. Secondly I went to the Bob Hedges park on the first beautiful day in March and the restrooms were still locked from the winter. Not a majority of people utilize parks in the winter. I frankly hate the cold. Are bathrooms open on the Ky side?

#63 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

Laughing at Hillbilly. Good one! :laugh:

#64 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:33 PM

"Double Dipper".....?

#65 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:38 PM

Now that NSBHM has stolen your *glitzy* you needed a new line. "Double Dipper" it is!

Good luck with the ponies today Savile!

#66 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yepper!

Some have  definitely been 'affected' by the  "glitzy" thingy.

That is way cool!

It should be interesting to see the questions concerning  the four potential previous and/or current

persons possibly involved with the 'ol guv-mint "double dip" issue.

We will see if they can do the research.....

Should the "double dipping" of "Scarce Tax Dollars"

be considered a subliminal hint of a "glitzy" practice?

The taxpayers don't like double-dippers too well....

Edited by Savile Row, 02 May 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#67 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

It's Derby, people! Why is a potty thread still getting hit?

Drink, bet, wear a ritzy-glitzy hat!
  • GrumpyGranny, Tina and Donna like this

#68 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Gee Kelley, if you drink ya gotta have somewhere to let that ritzy glitzy pee out!......

#69 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

Then we need the ritzy glizty potty, and you lose this thread.

Happy Derby!
  • GrumpyGranny, Donna and grammy like this

#70 18shortcreek

18shortcreek

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

Again it seems no one thought the restroom situation out....surprise,you're in Jeff!!!!!

Why didn't they just keep one of the houses on Pearl Street, open it to the back onto the park, for restrooms?  That would have saved a lot of tax money and probably could have been heated, tho that possibility would surely have presented other problems.    I think the park looks very nice, but my personal opinion(who cares?) is that it should have been more in keeping with with the "old  town" location.   Course within the next 10 years the "old town" will be gone.  West of Spring Street will be a hodge-podge of "whatever" and the Chatter will still be arguing about spending tax money!

• Jules likes this

#71 sfizer

sfizer

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

Why does it seem like every time we have a project and the costs are obscene Wayne Estopinal is involved?  I was also told he helped persuade the purchase of the new office furniture at the police station and its interior designs AND he wasn't the cheapest.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users