Who wins

#2 clarkcoconstituent

clarkcoconstituent

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:36 PM

I have been looking for information on all of them. Right now, all I have is heresay, and rumored reputation. They need to get their campaigns together and introduce themselves to the public. We will be voting very soon! I would like the think my vote is an informed decision, but at this point I will be guessing.

#3 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:47 PM

Rayborn had a meet and greet at Lapping park a week or so ago.

I know him and Dave both, I like them both, never seen anything dishonest or shady out of either of them. I do NOT believe Rayborn is connected to the gang of 4, but I don't know about Dave. I may be wrong, but I never have been before.

I am not a Democrat.

Edited by littletommy, 24 April 2015 - 12:53 PM.

#4 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

This may just be me, but I've got to wonder at someone who proudly puts his nickname of "Diamond Dave" on his political signs.  I don't know him and do not vote in Clarksville, but I can't help wondering if Clarksville can afford Diamond's. 

#5 ICU

ICU

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

He owns Diamond Dave's jewelry on Lewis and Clark Pkwy. I don't know him but guessing that's why he has that for his political signs.

• Donna likes this

#6 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for the info!  That moniker did have me scratching my head. 

#7 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

Is he running for office or trying to sell jewelry?

#8 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

Well, according to ICU, he owns a jewelry store and is running for office.  No reason why he cannot do both.

• grammy and Russell Brooksbank like this

#9 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

Wasn't Conn on the council before? Was thinking the gang went to town wide elections in order to get Conn voted out of office.

#10 Clarksvillechatterbox

Clarksvillechatterbox

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

Only group I know Dave to actually be involved in is the Kosair Shriner.

#11 Clarksvillechatterbox

Clarksvillechatterbox

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

He does own a jewelry store and is well connected in the community as well rather it is helping the youth leagues, the high school, Kosair kids, the elderly. Diamond Dave has done it all to hear others tell it. If you ask around you'll learn that him and his wife both have huge hearts and he isn't part of any gang of 4 or click. I would say Diamond Dave stands out as his own man. The name says it all he could be ordinary and use his birth name and maybe not raise as many questions but he is known as Diamond Dave and that's what we see on his signs. No need to put on a front like others to gain votes be yourself .
  • Donna likes this

#12 Diogenes

Diogenes

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

In that case vote for Conn his only interest is Clarksville.

#13 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

Connections key word above...

#14 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

I do not know "Diamond Dave" personally. I'm not going to make judgement calls about him, at least not publicly. My comment was from a pure campaigning perspective and how his campaign is being perceived by me, and possibly others. His campaign can take it for what it's worth. It was simply an observation.

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

REMOVED DUE TO TOU VIOLATION - Q

I know almost nothing about this Diamond Dave fellow. One of the very, very few things I do know is how his supporter speaks of others, like calling people lazy.

Edited by Quasar, 27 April 2015 - 02:45 PM.
REMOVED VIOLATION FROM QUOTE

• Donna and Russell Brooksbank like this

#16 Clarksvillechatterbox

Clarksvillechatterbox

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

I just know the other two candidates work full time...what do you think sleepy? What does Conn do for a living I know Rayborn and Disponett both work full time

#17 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

Stay at home parents, some disabled individuals, the fabulously wealthy and all kinds of other people don't work full time jobs either.

It really wouldn't hurt you or your candidate to narrow the number of people you may offend.
  • GrumpyGranny and Russell Brooksbank like this

#18 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Let 'em go kelley. I'm making popcorn. Anybody want some?

#19 Clarksvillechatterbox

Clarksvillechatterbox

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:54 PM

I am not trying to be offensive. I am just asking questions and repeating things I hear as everyone else is doing. Sorry if I struck a nerve or hurt your feelings. Never my intentions. Popcorn sounds great Russell!☺ I don't have a definate candidate yet. I am not leaning towards Conn because I believe we have better options. Just my opinion.

#20 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:16 PM

{passes the popcorn} I don't think she was offended. I think she was actually offering friendly advice in a round about way. Sometimes it isn't anything a candidate may say that will do them harm, but rather what those who appear to be supporters may say, KWIM? I am fully prepared to sit back and watch folks tear the candidates down though (I have plenty of popcorn 😉), unless it's coming from anyone who supports me. In which case, I want to make it clear that I want to run a campaign that talks about my views and ideas as opposed to tearing my opponents down. I want folks to understand what I believe and how I will govern and make their decision based on that, not any mudslinging or belittling taking place by anyone who might be looked at as my supporter. Sorry, kinda got on a soapbox there. Return to your neutral corners and come back out when the bell rings.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users