108 replies to this topic

#61 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:02 AM

If he has been there for years and the problems are recent, I believe it more to do with the forced consolidation and working out the kinks with that. Maybe we should wait rather than rush to blame him. There were others who applied for the position and the board chose Brad. It's only been four months since the mandated consolidation.

Others have said it is the one channel thing. Is that Brad's fault?

If in fact it was a job were lives were not at stake than that's a different story but in this case it's not PEOPLE CAN DIE when there is a breakdown in this system people have left there because of him that's the real issue

#62 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

When a resident needs help and/or the police/firefighters/EMT's need help or reinforcements, the dispatching MUST work!

This shouldn't be a political football. This is a matter of public/first responders safety.

Donna you are right on.

Edited by hillbilly highway, 02 May 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#63 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

Donna you are right on.

#64 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

Donna you are right on.

#65 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

If they don't correct the one channel issue, won't a new director have the same problem?

Edited by Tina, 02 May 2015 - 08:28 AM.

• kelley likes this

#66 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

Here is another as it was explained to me.

"The county was already in compliance with the new Indiana law.  The consolidation only applies to 911 centers.  State law requires only one 911 call answering point with one backup site allowed.  It does not require the emergency services to be actually dispatched from there.  The 911 center sends the information to the agency that is needed which they were already doing and have been doing So why did all the agencies go to this ?  Money!  The cities and towns save by laying off all their dispatch personnel.  They never knew or didn't care how bad the 911 center was ran, just save those dollars and now complain about it"

Edited by Mr. Gray, 02 May 2015 - 10:17 AM.

• theinformer likes this

#67 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:21 AM

It appears a lot of us are getting conflicting back-channel explanations. Has there been any formal statement on what happened from the director, chair of the overseeing board or similar? Have I missed newspaper coverage?

#68 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

It appears a lot of us are getting conflicting back-channel explanations. Has there been any formal statement on what happened from the director, chair of the overseeing board or similar? Have I missed newspaper coverage?

Kelly I respect your views and don't always agree but I know you can do a little digging and find out the information about what is truly happening at CC911 I have stated everything that I know and still some people are not convinced there is a issue or that it is some kind of conspiracy trust me that is not the case dig in like it know you can. You have put me in my place a few Times so I know you have it in you. And to answer your question there was a tv station at one of the meetings at CC911 But not sure which one.

#69 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

Kelly I respect your views and don't always agree but I know you can do a little digging and find out the information about what is truly happening at CC911 I have stated everything that I know and still some people are not convinced there is a issue or that it is some kind of conspiracy trust me that is not the case dig in like it know you can. You have put me in my place a few Times so I know you have it in you. And to answer your question there was a tv station at one of the meetings at CC911 But not sure which one.

No conspiracy, just a poorly run operation which needs a good house cleaning. Now will we see it ? In Clark County probably not.

Edited by Mr. Gray, 03 May 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#70 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

If they don't correct the one channel issue, won't a new director have the same problem?

Tina it not just about the channel issues it also about how to manage employees and how to retain the experience dispatchers he is not capable to do that these people are over worked and very unhappy and its because of the director. He don't help out and he can't dispatch his trainer is never there to help either. Why is the trainer not training? Because where he goes she goes. Lead by example and people with follow lead like a dictator and people with leave.

#71 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

I frankly don't understand the technology enough to be the one to figure this out.

#72 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

First thank you Chatter member for alerting me to this issue

HH,
As a member of the 911 Fiscal Board I can tell you 911 has the equipment needed, the tech support staff to assist them with this state of the Art technology. We are near, if not as of today at, full staffing, but we also welcome applications. We are preparing this county's emergency response system to handle situations now and we are staging to handle future influx of new citizens as our county grows.

In addition to the dispatch stations we added, we also have four new training modules we included in the budget to facilitate training. So we have the tools to enhance training.

The Operations Board, which is comprise of Representatives from every police and fire agency, including Dr. Burke the County Health Officer, has addressed protocol, channel usage, equipment needs, guidelines etc. and made recommendations to our Board. The 911 dispatchers use New World Systems which was recommended and is the latest and best technology in this arena.

The 911 Fiscal Board is comprised of representatives from all of the municipalities, County Commissioners, County Council and we also have representatives from the operations board that sit on the fiscal board, including a police chief, and Sheriff representative. The director of 911 is also a non voting Board Member. We deal with budget and personnel issues for 911.

There are adjustments the emergency responders are making to the new technology and system. They are doing a great job but like anything else time will help. Our goal is to have solid transfer of information between all agencies to provide the very best service to all citizens of Clark County.

After meeting for well over a year getting this monumental task off the ground, this state mandated consolidation went live in December.

I appreciate all the hard work of all involved. Our Employees are doing a fabulous job. We made every effort for the transition to be seamless. Have we had issues? Yes. But at no time, that I am aware of, has there been an issue with police officers or firemen's safety. If so please be specific, as to the allegations, so it can be investigated, which I assure you it will!

The Operations Board meets May 13 at 1:00 pm at Central alarm in Sellersburg.
The Fiscal Board meets following the Ops Board at 3:00 pm same place.

I volunteered to be on this board and I must say it has been interesting to see all the pieces come together AND the tremendous effort by the public servants to see it be a success. But it has also been disappointing to see the personal agendas try to thwart the effort.

HH I realize your are just repeating info you received. Safety for responders and / or ALL citizens is my concern.
If you wish to move forward in looking into the issues in your post Please give ME a call 502-296-4226 I will be in and out tomorrow and will return your call ASAP if I miss it.

Thank you,
Kelly Khuri
Clark County Council Member

See this?  Swift and competent response and add to that willingness to deal with whatever issues people want to raise.  Yet, some want to keep on

stirring and picking at it.  I have not yet heard a sound reason or fact why we should ignore Kelly's thorough responses and 

accept Hillbilly Highway's  vague but noxious accusations directed at 'the director'.  

• IntegrityMatters likes this

#73 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

See this? Swift and competent response and add to that willingness to deal with whatever issues people want to raise. Yet, some want to keep on
stirring and picking at it. I have not yet heard a sound reason or fact why we should ignore Kelly's thorough responses and
accept Hillbilly Highway's vague but noxious accusations directed at 'the director'.

Vague are you kidding me!!! You can say what you want and live in the dream world and pray that when you require assistance that there isn't a issue getting that assistance. I hope Kelly and the other board members get things corrected but time will tell and I hope no lives are lost in the process.

#74 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

Corrected? 

As far as I can tell the big problem exists in the imagination of those wanting to ding the director. 

Hopefully this attack doesn't cost anyone their job. 

#75 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

I think the problem exists with the director! But The 911 board is so on top of things that not enough board members show up to have a meeting now that's the way to stay on top of things. I say replace all that doesn't show up and get people who will do the job what a freaking Joke!!!!
  • Mr. Gray likes this

#76 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

How about some specifics? When was there a meeting where not enough of the board showed up? Who didn't show? Was it a regular meeting everyone knew about? What were the reasons some couldn't make it?

Who, what, when, where, why...

#77 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

How about some specifics? When was there a meeting where not enough of the board showed up? Who didn't show? Was it a regular meeting everyone knew about? What were the reasons some couldn't make it?

Who, what, when, where, why...

Meeting was regular schedule meeting.
It was Wednesday 5-13-15
Bob Hall, Jack Coffman, Eric Hedrick and the other I'm not sure of his name.
Not sure why they didn't show but that is not acceptable.

Edited by hillbilly highway, 15 May 2015 - 04:34 PM.

• Not Super But Honest Mike and Mr. Gray like this

#78 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

What is the deal?  Why was this so important.  Aside from right here, and you, I haven't heard of a crisis.

What was supposed to happen? 

#79 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

What is the deal? Why was this so important. Aside from right here, and you, I haven't heard of a crisis.
What was supposed to happen?

Because I care and obviously you don't and I could care less what you think anyway.

#80 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

Nice.  

Anyway....  what I was wondering is what was supposed to happen at the meeting that has you upset couldn't occur?

Meanwhile,  like I said, besides you, on this thread,  no one I know of has heard about a need to dump the

director to 'fix' 911.   That's just a fact.  I am sorry you don't care what I think but I would appreciate what YOU think. 

Especially on the question I posed. 

But I guess that's up to you.  Have a good evening. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users