108 replies to this topic

#21 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

I don't know how to edit my previous post, but it should say, officer safety was determined not to have been an issue, due to staffing at 911.

Officer safety is ALWAYS an issue!

SOMEONE needs to monitor the radio channels at all times to tell when an officer needs assistance.
  • theinformer and grammy like this

#22 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

A high employee turnover rate is usually because of low wages and poor management. Found the website, doesn't give any contact info as to who is running the place. 

http://clarkcounty911.com/index.html

Gateway tells us who is running the place and the salaries.  Now, I guess this could be before the consolidation so it could be wrong, but this is what it showed for 2014:

28bsif4.jpg

#23 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Looks a little low for new hires. How do they expect to get good dispatchers for this? There are a lot of lives depending on the dispatchers.

#24 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

Looks a little low for new hires. How do they expect to get good dispatchers for this? There are a lot of lives depending on the dispatchers.

We don't know what salaries the 911 board negotiated for 2015 with the consolidation.  I looked up what the various municipalities paid.

Clarksville:

2cduxbd.jpg

Jeffersonville:

zyftwj.jpg

Charlestown:

atq3bb.jpg

Edited by Tina, 26 April 2015 - 10:29 PM.

#25 rosietheriveter

rosietheriveter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

"Due to staffing" Mike.

Ops Board members with over 60yrs experience combined listened to 911 tape.
At no time were officers not being monitored by 911.

#26 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:14 AM

I'm not saying that ANY of the current dispatchers are doing a bad job by no means I was bringing up the fact that CC 911 is short staffed and it is causing safety concerns among police and fire throughout the county. Kelly I personally know 3 dispatchers that work there and I was informed that the issue with retaining dispatchers lies with the director and his staff the dispatchers are taking 911 calls because they are short on call takers and so they can't take calls and monitor the dispatch channels the director and his staff are NEVER in the dispatch room helping out. I was also told the director and he dispatch trainer went out of town the weekend of thunder knowing how busy it would be and being short handed. This is the reason for the high turnover. Start by correcting the issues with your director and his staff.
  • Mr. Gray likes this

#27 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

That's pretty out of date Tina.  Jerry Hall the Director has retired and Dennis Blake is sitting in jail in Florida awaiting trial on pedophilia charges.  The consolidation only made sense as it was ridiculous to have so many different dspatch locations throughout the county at taxpayer expense.  I'm not as thrilled by the "technology" in the new system. In my years in law enforcement and the volunteer fire service before that it was my experience that is was usually the best sales pitch that got the contract and not necessarily the best option.  This pertained to virtually all equipment including cars, firearms and electronics. Many times decision makers must rely on information given to them by the sales reps. and people with vested interests.  I don't know that this is the case at Central Alarm but the stories I hear come from some reliable sources.. 

I in no way question the good intentions of Kelley and the others on the board.  What I do feel strongly about is the fact that if police and fire agencies have to deal with a settling in period where dispatchers are learning their jobs, it could cost lives. It should have been fully staffed, fully trained and fully operational before going online. 

Edited by Oldgoat, 27 April 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#28 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

That's pretty out of date Tina.  Jerry Hall the Director has retired and Dennis Blake is sitting in jail in Florida awaiting trial on pedophilia charges.

That was the total salaries paid for 2014.  From what I can tell from the info on Gateway, we won't know the totals for 2015 until the end of the fiscal year.

Edited by Tina, 27 April 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#29 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

I'm not saying that ANY of the current dispatchers are doing a bad job by no means I was bringing up the fact that CC 911 is short staffed and it is causing safety concerns among police and fire throughout the county. Kelly I personally know 3 dispatchers that work there and I was informed that the issue with retaining dispatchers lies with the director and his staff the dispatchers are taking 911 calls because they are short on call takers and so they can't take calls and monitor the dispatch channels the director and his staff are NEVER in the dispatch room helping out. I was also told the director and he dispatch trainer went out of town the weekend of thunder knowing how busy it would be and being short handed. This is the reason for the high turnover. Start by correcting the issues with your director and his staff.

Who is the director and the dispatch trainer?  Is it the same as the 2014 information above?  There were 3 people last year that had director in their title, OldGoat says Jerry Hall retired.  Since you use the pronoun he in certain areas, I assume you are saying Brad Meixell is responsible for all the problems at 911?

Edited by Tina, 27 April 2015 - 10:26 AM.

• Mr. Gray likes this

#30 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:26 AM

We have a winner!  Start at the top. With the Executive Director making over 100K off the county he needs to be addressed first for the issues the center has.  I've heard he is very hard to get in touch with.

#31 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

Who is the director and the dispatch trainer?  Is it the same as the 2014 information above?  There were 3 people last year that had director in their title, OldGoat says Jerry Hall retired.  Since you use the pronoun he in certain areas, I assume you are saying Brad Meixell is responsible for all the problems at 911?

He is the man at the top wouldn't that make him responsible for it all ?

#32 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

I had a public safety worker that deals with the 911 center tell me that there is also an underlying battle going on between what is essentially unionized and non-unionized workers.

#33 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

Should public safety employee's be unionized?

That has always been a slippery slope.

• Dulcimore Dan likes this

#34 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

Who is the director and the dispatch trainer? Is it the same as the 2014 information above? There were 3 people last year that had director in their title, OldGoat says Jerry Hall retired. Since you use the pronoun he in certain areas, I assume you are saying Brad Meixell is responsible for all the problems at 911?

Director is Brad Maxcil and Training person is Amber not sure of her last name

#35 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:35 PM

Wait, is no one listening to Kelly?  

This was a non issue when checked out by the board in charge.  Does that matter to no one?

Against that statement from Kelly (whom I think most of us trust and consider an able person) we have

'stories' from  unnamed  'people who know'. 

Can someone explain some FACTS that rebut Kelly's explanation and answer?

#36 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Load the tape here on chatter and let everyone hear.

Edited by hillbilly highway, 27 April 2015 - 05:53 PM.

• Not Super But Honest Mike likes this

#37 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

Wait, is no one listening to Kelly?

This was a non issue when checked out by the board in charge. Does that matter to no one?

Against that statement from Kelly (whom I think most of us trust and consider an able person) we have
'stories' from unnamed 'people who know'.

Can someone explain some FACTS that rebut Kelly's explanation and answer?

No stories and from real people I'm sure the people that are currently dispatchers at CC 911 DOESN'T WANT THERE NAMES OUT THERE IN FEAR OF RETRIBUTION!! and I'm not one who is going to throw them under the bus.

#38 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

I agree with hh, load the recording and let everyone hear it. If nothing is wrong the recording will prove it.

#39 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

So you say Kelly is not being honest about this? C'mon.  

And I appreciate your heroic choice to protect the 'unnamed complainers'... unfortunately,  with nothing else to go on

I am taking Kelly's word for it. 

• IntegrityMatters and GrumpyGranny like this

#40 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Why take someone's word when it is so easy to hear the recording? I just like to for my own opinion, not have someone do it for me.
  • hillbilly highway likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users