81 replies to this topic

#21 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

So that it is certain, I am not knocking our police or our Chief either.

#22 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

We could stop the war on people making the choice to ingest things into their own bodies and instead concentrate on collaring those who point guns at other people while demanding their money.

#23 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

Are we to overlook the fact that many robberies, burglaries, muggings, etc. that violate a persons personal rights are perpetrated by drug addicts needing money to buy drugs to ingest? How can we say stop the war on drugs, let the druggies do what ever they want to do to themselves knowing that they will go to any lengths to get the drugs, or the money for the drugs? 

I think Chief Palmer and the CPD are doing a great job. I see much more of a police presence in our area than I saw under the previous chief, and I appreciate the CPD and all that they do.

• grammy likes this

#24 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

Glad you brought that up Donna. If we legalized it then we would have free market competition to drive costs down. We won't have people losing jobs or being labeled a felon and unable to obtain employment simply because they ingested a chemical into their bodies. We would also put a brake on violence that arises out of the black market turf wars associated with the war on drugs. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol. Why will it work drugs? Armed robbery has been around forever. We should fight that.

Edited by Russell Brooksbank, 25 April 2015 - 10:43 AM.

• ICU likes this

#25 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Maybe I'm not understanding. Legalize what drug pot? It's not the pot smoker who robs and commits the major crimes . Heroin is a very expensive habit to feed. Pot just cost a users extra snack money. Legalizing pot will not replace a hard core drug users addiction. If it was that simple I would have bought my daughter a joint. Much less dangerous . And no I don't buy or use drugs lol
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#26 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

Maybe I'm not understanding. Legalize what drug pot? It's not the pot smoker who robs and commits the major crimes . Heroin is a very expensive habit to feed. Pot just cost a users extra snack money. Legalizing pot will not replace a hard core drug users addiction. If it was that simple I would have bought my daughter a joint. Much less dangerous . And no I don't buy or use drugs lol

Grammy, I could be wrong, and I feel sure someone will correct me if I am, but I believe some people would like to see all illegal drugs decriminalized. 

Legalize pot? Yeah, I think that should be done. Legalize it, regulate it, tax it just like cigarettes. Legalize the other hard core drugs? No way! And I can't see that legalizing or decriminalizing hard drugs would do anything to cut the crime rate of related crimes...the robberies or thefts by drug users to get their drug money. Legal or not, many of these users would not be able to, or want to, hold a job to pay for their drug of choice.

• grammy likes this

#27 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

I don't even know if all of the riff raff in old Clarksville are truly drug addicts, I think some of them are just plain stupid and never learned to function in society. Imagine how bad it will be in a few years when the offspring of the current zombie crop takes to the streets.

Edited by littletommy, 25 April 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#28 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

Riff raff? Stupid? Can't function in society? Guess I'd better not touch this one...

• Donna likes this

#29 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

Yep. You know, the whole "if it walks like a duck" thing. I call it as I see it.

#30 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

I have worked in Old Clarksville for a couple of decades now.  It is not a den of inequity or duck walking.  Fewer families and more transient rentals to be sure, but a number of good folk that have lived here a long time, most having raised their families in the area and living out their golden years in the family homestead.  Painting with a broad brush.

• GrumpyGranny and grammy like this

#31 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:29 PM

I don't even know if all of the riff raff in old Clarksville are truly drug addicts, I think some of them are just plain stupid and never learned to function in society. Imagine how bad it will be in a few years when the offspring of the current zombie crop takes to the streets.

. Most of the children will be fine. Grandparents are stepping up and raising them. My granddaughter doesn't have a clue what is happening with her Mom.
  • GrumpyGranny, Donna, ICU and 1 other like this

#32 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

I have worked in Old Clarksville for a couple of decades now.  It is not a den of inequity or duck walking.  Fewer families and more transient rentals to be sure, but a number of good folk that have lived here a long time, most having raised their families in the area and living out their golden years in the family homestead.  Painting with a broad brush.

Awww, come on, Donna! You know we're all a bunch of riff raff...why, some of us are even rednecks! Wait'll you see my new flannel shirts! The ole man didn't want flannel, he picked camo. I thought flannel would go better with his long hair and beard, but, no, had to be camo. And stupid? Yeah, dumb as a box of rocks or is that dumb as a bag of hammers? I forget... Yep, all of us riff raff have left Jeff and the other cities/towns in Clark County...we're taking over old Clarksville! Why, our goal is to take over the whole durn town, hahaha.

• kelley, Bigfoot and Donna like this

#33 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

So much for my endeavor toward diplomacy . . . if you're gonna wear flannel or camo, I give up!  But, um, you left a few riff-raffers in Jeff.  Please come get them! 

• GrumpyGranny and Russell Brooksbank like this

#34 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

I really am saving for a camo living room suit. I fiqure when husband has his camo clothes on , we won't see him. Lol plus it will hide the dog hair. Oh my I really am a redneck. Lol
  • GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#35 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

I really am saving for a camo living room suit. I fiqure when husband has his camo clothes on , we won't see him. Lol plus it will hide the dog hair. Oh my I really am a redneck. Lol

Grammy, Rural King online shows camo couches, and they have camo recliners in the store, even little ones for kids! I never thought about hubby in his camo sitting on a camo chair or couch...he would kind of disappear, wouldn't he? Thanks for the idea! Nothin' wrong with being a redneck; it can be a lot of fun!

Hubby's wondering what to get me for Mother's Day. I'm thinking a new tattoo would be cool; that or a big ole bottle of Wild Turkey....

• Bigfoot, Donna and grammy like this

#36 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:15 PM

My grandaughter has the camo pink kids recliner from Rural King. .She thinks she all that lol

Edited by grammy, 25 April 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#37 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

Redneck?  I thought I was chaffing . . .

• GrumpyGranny and grammy like this

#38 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

I've lived here all my life, yes, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....it's a duck.

#39 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

So much for my endeavor toward diplomacy

Yeah this de-evolved rather quickly. Is this a record?

#40 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

I'm not seeing where anything devolved, not really sure where the broad brush comments come from, either, but if you spend anytime in the south end of town , you will surely note a large amount of "wayward" citizens moping about. Of course there are great people in this part of town, it's still like a small town in most neighborhoods down here, but the bad element has certainly grown in recent years, I believe it began when town hall moved out, and gained more momentum when GRC closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users