6 replies to this topic

#1 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

We never hear much about CSO Events anymore so I asked an informed source. Here is what I was told.

1.Anytime it rains we have CSO events. Sometimes it may be just one location, sometimes more. The total number of locations doesn't matter much, all overflows in a 24 hour period is just counted as one event.

2. As little as a quarter inch of rain will cause an overflow into the Ohio at Graham Street or Walnut Street locations.

3. During the heavy rains last week we had one event that sent CSO into Cane run that runs through Clarksville. I didn't ask, but I wonder if this event is why there was no flooding at 10th and Spring? Instead of flooding our streets we sent CSO to Clarksville?

4. There are no fines imposed on Jeffersonville as long as we are working on complying with the consent decree.

With CSO events taking place almost with every rainfall I doubt it likely the EPA will agree with lowering sewer rates.

Edited by Not Super But Honest Mike, 20 April 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#2 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

We never hear much about CSO Events anymore so I asked an informed source. Here is what I was told.

2. As little as a quarter inch of rain will cause an overflow into the Ohio at Graham Street or Walnut Street locations.

Nonsense.....

Edited by woo, 20 April 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#3 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

CSO events,I understand, are supposed to be posted on the city Facebook page. However it seems someone.........told promedia not to post them anymore. Two of three sewer board members have denied asking the info to be withheld. Think that leaves only one person .

#4 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

Nonsense.....

No, it's the truth. I too questioned why such a small rainfall would cause a CSO event. Was told it's because the ground is saturated and almost 100% of the water hits the sewer line. Was told this would hold true for a thunderstorm or rain where the rain fell in a short period of time,not when we get a quarter inch over an 8 hour period.

#5 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

CSO events,I understand, are supposed to be posted on the city Facebook page. Howr it seems someone.........told promedia not to post them anymore. Two of three sewer board members have denied asking the info to be withheld. Think that leaves only one person .

. Promedia stated they were told not to post ?
Is that a verifiable statement or assumption?

#6 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

Grammy, this was brought up during Monday nights council meeting by Councilman Mike Smith. It will be part of the public record and in the minutes of the meeting. The reporter for the News Tribune was present but I doubt you will see the N/T cover this, they usually don't cover anything negative toward this administration.

#7 Kruger87

Kruger87

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

Nonsense.....

Come down and watch it sometime Woo. When these sewers fill up here those of us with basements are scared the sewer water will come back into them. I have 2 back flow preventers on my home to keep the sewer water out. When it rains even as little as a quarter inch the sewers are backed up from the rains and we have to make a choice on how we use our water. if we shower or flush a toilet the water stays in the lines until the pressure comes off the preventers. With all this rain we have had we still see no one from the sewer department here to check lines. Another promise made by Moore that he reneged on. I am not surprised by it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users