#41 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:33 PM

Updated fixtures to save money?

Instead, build an outhouse in the back yard. Works great (but cold in the winter) no flushing and won't add to the water or sewer bill. And another way to save money is to build a shower room in the back yard. Hook it up with a garden hose and use one of those special meters and you can save on the sewer bill. Yet another way is to watch the neighbors homes for them while they are on vacation. Gotta make sure their plumbing is working!
  • ConcernedHoosier likes this

#42 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:54 PM

Sometimes I wish you were still on Redevelopment. 

• grammy likes this

#43 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

whatever .......

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Pesty Version 2 and 1 other like this

#44 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

My dad tells the story of his Irish born grandparents being so frugal that she saved the bath water to flush the toilet. ;)
  • kelley and Donna like this

#45 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

It seems like Fetz also had a proposal or plan to have rainwater barrels conservation for homeowners.  Or am I misremembering?  

I see them in my neighborhood and am told they are great.  

#46 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

A little insight at to how Mr. Fetz's mind works...

http://gawnews.com/author/kfetz/

Edit: Not safe for work language in that link.

Edited by woo, 25 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#47 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

All I am trying to point out is that no one person can lower the sewer *rates*. It is what it is. All we can do individually is to take steps to lower our water consumption and corresponding outflow into the sewer system. No it doesn't reduce the *rate*, but it will reduce your bill. I would much rather invest in updating my toilet to reduce my water consumption than flush my money down the old toilet every month. Same with leaky fixtures and leaky pipes. I've seen it happen for real. People tell us they've replaced a toilet and suddenly their sewer bill has dropped down by $30 or more a month. Add in another 10 - $15 saved on the water bill monthly and you will have recouped money invested in the new toilet/fixture/pipe in just a few months!

I'm not stating an opinion on who the people of district 5 should vote for. I'm just performing my occasional public service announcement about lessening the burden of the EPA mandate on your wallet. And I will continue to preach that the only power we have is to conserve water. Whether it be through updated plumbing, "crapper" flappers, or even the use of rain barrels like Pesty mentioned above. And absolutely invest in an outdoor water meter if you have a pool or water your lawn regularly. That is the only sure fire way to not be charged for water use that did not enter the sewer system. The usage measured by your meter is adjusted off your total sewer bill.

The end. (for now)

• GrumpyGranny, Not Super But Honest Mike, Donna and 1 other like this

#48 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

CW is correct; while we can't change our sewer (or water) rates, we can cut down the amount paid out of our pockets each month. We changed out our three toilets with high efficiency models last summer and both bills dropped a lot. We also began using our high efficiency washer (it was in the basement, rarely used, but has been moved to the first floor) and have a savings of as much as 50% on both bills. We're in Clarksville instead of Jeff, but our sewer rate is pretty darn high, too.

• ChopperWoman, Donna and grammy like this

#49 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

Fetz calls it like he sees it.  And it looks like he had actual concrete solutions to rising sewer and water bills. 

#50 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Don't forget to vote Gill on Tuesday May 5th.
  • Big Bopper likes this

#51 AerialView

AerialView

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Fetz said he was sitting on the side line and "now" he is ready to go back to work.  Who needs that?  Gill never sit on the sideline.  Long before she was on the council she was working for people who needed her.  I met her when she came to one of neighborhood meetings.  She was there to see what she could do to help.  Lisa truly cares and is willing to step up and see what she can do to make things right. 

Lisa Gill stood shoulder to shoulder with us.  No "sideline" for her.  As far as I am concerned, Mr. Fetz can stay on the sideline where he belongs.

Vote Lisa Gill!!!

• kelley and Donna like this

#52 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

Fetz said he was sitting on the side line and "now" he is ready to go back to work. Who needs that? Gill never sit on the sideline. Long before she was on the council she was working for people who needed her. I met her when she came to one of neighborhood meetings. She was there to see what she could do to help. Lisa truly cares and is willing to step up and see what she can do to make things right.

Lisa Gill stood shoulder to shoulder with us. No "sideline" for her. As far as I am concerned, Mr. Fetz can stay on the sideline where he belongs.

Vote Lisa Gill!!!

Agreed!!! Thank you

#53 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

Lisa's strength on environmental issues weakens any attempted Dem challenge. She knows her stuff backwards and forwards, knows who to contact and stays on them to get problems addressed.

#54 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:55 PM

Fetz will prevail.  He is a great candidate.  

#55 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

What does he got Lisa hasn't? Seriously. What has she done or not done on which he can really challenge her? I've heard several individuals express what Pat did, Lisa's knowledgeable support and work on behalf of their neighborhood. She addresses issues with crime, drainage and more. I've never heard a voter go on like that about Fetz.

#56 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

I saw a lot.  I saw Fetz reach out and help a young black guy who wasn't in his district get a job. It was the right thing to do and he did it.

I saw him negotiate...he was able to take the long view.  He's just diddly-dang smart and committed to trying to improve the city.  Actually he

would be a better candidate for mayor in my opinion.  Plus he is honest enough to go right out and speak his mind ...at the risk of offending people and 

I CHERISH that in a politician.   Great morals,  great values...  and people that know him know that.  I am not negative about Ms. Gill. 

I just think Fetz is better.  

#57 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:19 PM

Kelley, Fetz is a democrat, and pv2 always favors democrats.

It's a shame, too, because I would love to have seen a moore Fetz primary battle on Tuesday!

#58 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,098 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:25 PM

Why would they primary battle Tuesday? Who is switching parties?

Edited by kelley, 30 April 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#59 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

"Why would they primary battle Tuesday? Who is switching parties?"

Great question!

Maybe the subliminal inculcation of the term

"glitzy"

is having an impact.......

• kelley likes this

#60 Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Why would they primary battle Tuesday? Who is switching parties?

If Fetz had changed parties and ran for mayor he could have knocked moore off easily in the primary.

We would have had two ex democrats running for mayor on the Republican ticket. Would have been interestingq!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users