#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Yay! So there's that.

The Gov, in all his wisdom, has threatened a veto for an expansion of the needle exchange program he authorized for Scott Co. He'll be more famouser.

If there isn't already an HIV epidemic in your county, you're SOL trying to prevent one.
  • Donna likes this

#2 Little Pickle

Little Pickle

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

More of the stiff necked conservative viewpoint that if they weren't addicts they wouldn't have HIV.  At least in Kentucky they woke up and realized the crisis they were in with heroin. 

#3 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

when he announced the needle exchange program he said a couple of things that stood out for me that shows he is a complete dumb bunny.

one, that these addicts just need to quit shooting up. wow... yeah, that would do it, if only they would just quit! 

the other was his dilemma at providing needles for addicts, afterall, providing needles would just be enabling to them. he is incompetent at life itself.

• Donna likes this

#4 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

when he announced the needle exchange program he said a couple of things that stood out for me that shows he is a complete dumb bunny.
one, that these addicts just need to quit shooting up. wow... yeah, that would do it, if only they would just quit!
the other was his dilemma at providing needles for addicts, afterall, providing needles would just be enabling to them. he is incompetent at life itself.

I almost fell off the couch laughing when he said "stop." To heroin addicts. Seriously.

People made fun of Nancy's Just say NO! campaign. At least that was a whole imperative sentence and directed at kids experiencing peer pressure and before they started using. Pence really seemed to think he was saying something profound. "Stop." There was dramatic pause and the whole bit. I couldn't help laugh at the absolute stupidity. The husband who lost his sister to a heroin overdose last summer wasn't as amused.

Thanks, Gov. No friend, family member, pastor, employer, counselor, partner or NA sponsor ever effin' thought to just tell them to stop. Egg on our faces!
  • Quasar, HadAboutEnough and Donna like this

#5 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

Pence is a wizard.  Maybe he should just "stop" making Indiana look like buffoons and super glue his lips shut .

Edited by HadAboutEnough, 31 March 2015 - 01:25 PM.

• kelley, Cheryl L Ross and Donna like this

#6 javajoe

javajoe

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

I agree, I saw how incompetent he was during a debate for the Governorship with Mr. Cregg and Mr Boneham.

Edited by javajoe, 31 March 2015 - 03:29 PM.

• kelley likes this

#7 Little Pickle

Little Pickle

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

It is so sad.  Indiana is all over the news and not in a good way.  First it is the stupid Religious Freedom Law and now the HIV outbreak and a Governor that just really is from another dimension or place in time.  Think about who is running this state.  More than a little scary.  They are ram rodding legislation through and here in S. Indiana Grooms and Smith are just nodding their heads. 

• Donna likes this

#8 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

He's put other members of his party in a heck of a spot too. Except Cruz apparently.

http://www.politico....016-116564.html

#9 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

You know, the irony is, just over a decade ago Bush & Rove used the strategy to keep the White House.   This time around it may keep Republicans out.

#10 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

http://www.indystar....ernor/70746540/

yep... put those Presidential aspirations aside, Governor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users