4 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Does anyone know - or know where I can find out about - any plans to extend sanitary sewers in unincorporated areas of the county? Does that even happen?

I'm specifically looking at the area in Owen Township near intersection of 62 and Hibernia Rd. (Horseshoe Bend and Campbell Rd. run right there too. Marysville addresses.)

#2 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

I doubt that anyone is running sewer lines out there.  Too expensive.  Unless there is a development that builds a "package plant", there just isn't a cost effective way to do that.

• kelley likes this

#3 cabowabo

cabowabo

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

It has happened. Jeffersonville has sewers running as far as Hwy 403 in Charlestown township. But, Bruce is right. Too expensive to build for one or two small developments. 

• kelley likes this

#4 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

What generally happens is the developer runs them and then connects them to a city's system with the condition that the city can annex.  That's what happened with Covered Bridge, I believe.

#5 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

Unfortunately, this isn't a development. A friend is dealing with three adjacent quasi-residential parcels. One is too small for septic. He is trying to decide whether to list, buy his siblings out, assemble, etc. From here and other sources, it appears tapping in won't be an option any time soon.

Thanks for the insights, guys.

Edited by kelley, 24 March 2015 - 06:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users