#1 Victoria George

Victoria George

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hey folks - 

I just wanted to post something here so you know and can pass around - I am no longer Clark County's Webmaster. No drama or mud flinging behind it. They simply cannot afford to keep me under a contract right now and they are looking into other cost-effective ways to manage the info on the site internally. This might mean possibly turning it into a Wordpress site.

I completed work on the site February of last year (2014) and donated services to cover them up until August. After that, I tried to donate as much as I could until the 15th of this month. There were a few times I could not because the work was extensive, and in those cases I had to bill each individual department. With the elections and change of office holders, things were hectic over there and obtaining all that info was kind of like herding cats. Understandable! 

I have so much work to do with managing my other clients. And I have to pay the bills! If money were no option, I'd still be in there trying to help out. I feel bad. Ugh.

There were a few times I couldn't get things up as soon as they would have liked - I actually got hit by lightning (not kidding) and a few months later, my father died. But all-in-all, I really tried to do a good job. I'm hoping that they are able to find somebody to help them out and maybe even improve on what I did. The County is growing and so is the site. That's not a bad thing ;)

The good news is the new County Attorney's husband is a web designer, so he might be able to hook them-up. He's a pretty nice guy. He was my kid's TKD instructor for a while. But I have no idea - that's all speculation and I'm rambling, lol. She had him look into the site to see how they could improve it and they had a list, so I'm pretty sure they are on the ball.

I just wanted to put it out there. I don't want anyone thinking I fell asleep on the job.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks! 

• IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 3 others like this

#2 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

You did a wonderful job Victoria!  :thumbsup: 

• GrumpyGranny, Oldgoat, Donna and 1 other like this

#3 Victoria George

Victoria George

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Thank you. I see where there were some things that were requested to be done here just now (about posting paid claims). I really hate seeing stuff like that after the fact. I just don't want anyone thinking I got lazy and didn't do my part. I don't want to lose business from potential clients for something that was beyond my control. Being uncomfortably honest here.

• Tina and Donna like this

#4 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

Wishing you much success in your future endeavors!  Thanks for all your efforts for Clark County.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users