19 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:01 AM

In the market for new primary care doc. Haven't went to one since Physician's Primary Care went downhill and hadn't been happy there for years. The list of things I probably should have checked out is getting pretty long. My ideal is one with the same impatience for stupid as I have. Not interested in unnecessary tests and referrals.

Edited by kelley, 08 March 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#2 Poppie

Poppie

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

I wish I knew. My Dr was an independent office and it was great, but she sold out to Floyd and it's been downhill ever since. Good luck.
  • kelley likes this

#3 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

Are you willing to go to Louisville?   If so, I could recommend an excellent one.

#4 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

Dr-Seuss.jpg

• kelley and Donna like this

#5 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

Dost Muhammed in New Albany

#6 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

I love Charlestown Primary Care if you're willing to travel.

Dr Adam French is great.  They don't allow pharma advertising in their offices so it's nice to not be bombarded with all that marketing.

• kelley likes this

#7 Buckeye

Buckeye

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

Been going to my female internist for years now....Dr. Lisa Scott, Louisville, KY.

Edited by Buckeye, 08 March 2015 - 05:20 PM.

• kelley likes this

#8 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:22 PM

Are you willing to go to Louisville? If so, I could recommend an excellent one.

Maybe. Charlestown is sounding promising. Someone texted me the same recommendation as Martina's.

Excellent sounds good though. What makes them stand out?

#9 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Dr. Julie Ellis --- willing to spend time with you to get to know you --- always remembers who you are.  Kind, caring and exceptional doctor.  Easy to schedule appointments.  Have gone to her now for approx. 12+ years.  Excellent doctor.

• kelley and Little Pickle like this

#10 cabowabo

cabowabo

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

I use Total Care Family Practice on Eastern Blvd. It is three nurse practicioners but, Rick Bobay is as good as any doctor I've used. There are two women in the practice if that matters to you, also. They have started taking new patients from what I've heard. 

• kelley likes this

#11 ctownmom

ctownmom

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

I started going to Dr. French about a year ago.  I really like it there.  I've never had a long wait and I've seen both doctors, they both take plenty of time with me.  Never felt rushed and I've always been able to get in quickly.  2 thumbs up from me.

• kelley likes this

#12 JeffGirl

JeffGirl

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

Dr. Rondo or Dr. Dues are great. Norton Healthcare building by Meijer in Jeff.

#13 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

Bumping this in hopes someone may see ( and not wanting to start a new thread on a similar subject).

I've had a recent change of insurance and have to select a primary care doctor...I have not been to a doctor, ( besides a visit or two to an immediate care center and during childbirth) in close to 20yrs...That doctor gave up private practice and I never took the time to look for another one...My OB doesn't practice anymore either so it's not an option to ask them for recommendations...My options are somewhat limited on this plan and many of the doctors already mentioned don't appear to participate in it...I'm going to toss out some names/practices I'm considering and see if anyone has any input etc...TIA

Dr. Stroot and Dr. Larch ( in practice together)

Dr. Lisa Corum

Dr. Tina Bradly

Dr.'s Bittenbender, Ferree, Hocker ( All in N.A)

And a group located off of Barrat Ave in Louisville ( Mary Berry, Larry Fineman, and some others).

There are other names but those are the one's that came up first...Any thoughts/comments appreciated...Although I don't want to Dr. trash on here so if you have something not to nice to say perhaps you can PM me. :)

#14 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

My wife and I had the same GP for over 35 years until he retired.  After a couple of disappointments, I tried Dr Mike Bittenbender.  I very happy with him and my wife has also switched to him and is pleased.  His wife is also in the practice as are two other docs, Dr. Herman and Dr McKay, both of whom are very nice.  Their office is very accessible on Green Valley Rd.

• Jules likes this

#15 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

Thank-you OG!! :)  

#16 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:56 PM

Dr. Stephanie Altobellis., Louisville. Been going to her for over 20 years. Love her like a sister. She is a general prac. and awesome.

#17 SandS

SandS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:20 PM

Jules - I go to Dr. Tina Bradley and highly recommend her but may be hard to get in as I heard she was not taking new patients.  Don't know if that is true or not.

#18 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:13 PM

Dr. Stephanie Altobellis., Louisville. Been going to her for over 20 years. Love her like a sister. She is a general prac. and awesome.

Dr. Altobellis is in the same group that I go --- I go to Dr. Julie Ellis, but saw Altobellis once when Ellis was on maternity leave. An excellent practice.
  • Little Pickle likes this

#19 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the additional input!!...Unfortunately Altobellis/Ellis aren't on my provider list.

#20 Ctown Gal

Ctown Gal

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

I highly recommend Dr. Stroot. She's very preventative care based, conservative in her treatment approach, and extremely down to earth. My mom sees her too and is very pleased with the care. I have a former coworker who sees her as well. My sister goes to Dr. Larch, and she's had good experiences. I've always been able to get appointments quickly, and I've never had a long wait at my appointment.

• kelley and Jules like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users