15 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

Driving home from Belterra. Roads clear the whole rip til Clark County line. Ridiculous! One truck passed but w/o blade down or dropping salt.

Edited by kelley, 06 March 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#2 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

Highway 62 is a disgrace.  The county seems to have gotten their roads pretty much under control and 62 looks like it does.  Pitiful.

• kelley and ctownmom like this

#3 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

I had a family member slide off on 62 this morning and had to get towed back home to Madison due to the pittiful shape 62 was inside the Clark County Line.

• kelley likes this

#4 ctownmom

ctownmom

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

All the little country roads I drove on were clear.  Completely clear.  But 62 from Charlestown to 265 was awful.  Most places there is no pavement showing.  From what I see on facebook, it's even worse toward New Washington.  I would have been better off this morning to drive all backroads.

• kelley likes this

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hwy 62 should be maintained by the state?

The county roads in my area were great yesterday afternoon... I was surprised though at how poor hwy 60 was between Sellersburg and Bennettsville... 

#6 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hwy 62 should be maintained by the state?

The county roads in my area were great yesterday afternoon... I was surprised though at how poor hwy 60 was between Sellersburg and Bennettsville...

If it's done by state, I'd like to know who we pissed off, because it was clearly at the county line that they stopped.
  • Quasar and Donna like this

#7 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

It is State Road 62.  I think the city is responsible for any portion of the road inside the city limits, the rest is up to the State to maintain. At least that is the way it use to be unless snow removal is something else the State has dumped on the counties.

#8 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

INDOT thinks they are responsible....

http://www.in.gov/indot/2337.htm

INDOT is responsible for state roads, interstates and U. S. routes including adjacent overpasses and ramps on these roadways. Construction and maintenance of these roads is also INDOT’s responsibility along with traffic control devices along these roadways, including signs and traffic signals. Local cities, counties and towns are responsible for all other roadways that are not a state road, interstate or U.S. route.

http://www.in.gov/indot/3222.htm

INDOT staff monitors multiple weather forecasts and deploys up to 2,000 drivers, mechanics, clerks and managers before predicted winter weather to work alternating 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week, if needed to keep its more than 28,000 lane miles of interstates, U.S. highways and state highways in Indiana as safe as possible

Edited by woo, 06 March 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#9 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

State highways are most definitely INDOT's responsibility.  I generally get a response on inquiries to INDOT from their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.../INDOTSoutheast

#10 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

They may not claim it for snow removal but they did recently when Moore wanted to reduce the speed limit down by the gas station.

• kelley likes this

#11 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

State Rd 62 and all  state roads are maintained by INDOT, regardless of if in city limits.  10th St is no longer SR 62 west of I-265 as it has been re-routed across 265 to New Albany.  INDOT maintains a maintenance yard in Clarksville but has closed the office.   You need to play the old "punch this buttton" game on the phone for a few minutes to MAYBE get someone in Seymour to answer.  I tried to report a malfunctioning traffic light for 45 minutes and finally gave up.

#12 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

Yoo Hoo! Steve Stemler, Ron Grooms, or whoever else is involved locally in state government, where are you? :mad:

#13 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:50 AM

Yoo Hoo! Steve Stemler, Ron Grooms, or whoever else is involved locally in state government, where are you? :mad:

Ron Grooms is a pos coward... you are sadly mistaken if you believe that he cares at all about our lives...
  • Matt and James-R-McClure-Jr like this

#14 Bulldog0605

Bulldog0605

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:03 AM

Ron Grooms is a pos coward... you are sadly mistaken if you believe that he cares at all about our lives...

I think that you should give yourself a warning about behavior on this sight.  While you may not agree or like Mr. Grooms calling him what you did was really unnecessary and could of been handled better.  :no: :no: :no:

• Quasar likes this

#15 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

I think that you should give yourself a warning about behavior on this sight.  While you may not agree or like Mr. Grooms calling him what you did was really unnecessary and could of been handled better.  :no: :no: :no:

I don't think I'll do that... and here is why.

Grooms is an elected official and he has to suck it up and take it just like all other public officials that we discuss here on the Chatter. I've tried to talk to Grooms about his bill which basically outlawed pain medication for those that need it most... ( http://clarkcountych...scam/?hl=grooms ) He's hurt people and refuses to discuss the matter. So, until he talks to me about this, I'm going to tell people about Grooms whenever I have the opportunity. In a just world... this pos would be put in jail for hurting people the way he has... 

If you wish to argue this point any further please send me a PM and I'll be glad to discuss it. I'd rather not drag this thread any further off topic. 

Thanks

• James-R-McClure-Jr likes this

#16 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

I see from this morning's paper that Toyota is looking at River Ridge, versus a site in New Albany. If I were the folks at River Ridge and whomever claims rights to the River Ridge property (River Ridge themselves, Clark County, Jeffersonville?), for that reason alone I'd make sure that highway was spotless if we could bring those kind of jobs here!

• Poppie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users