160 replies to this topic

#1 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

I'm not worried about HRC emails... I do understand the fury on the right to try and damage her any way possible, that's to be expected from here on out.

I can't imagine HRC would be hiding anything, or doing anything regarding email that was not within the law.  I mean, really??? with her Presidential ambitions she would do something to jeopardize that goal... just don't see it. 

And she is the best candidate on the Dem side, hands down.  the R's are worried for good reason.

• Donna likes this

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

Well... Axe is right... Hillary's lack of response is simply campaign incompetence... 

President Obama's former top political adviser, David Axelrod, told the Hillary Clinton campaign that they'd have to answer questions about the secretary of state's exclusive use of private email. Axelrod made the comments last night on MSNBC:

http://www.weeklysta...ons_876016.html

#3 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

in this day and age,  all that email is secured. and state department has it. so... i don't see the problem really.  just because people are jumping up and down and making a fuss doesn't always require a reaction. and the "hrc campaign"... is there one? has she announced? nope.

• Donna likes this

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

in this day and age,  all that email is secured. and state department has it. so... i don't see the problem really.  just because people are jumping up and down and making a fuss doesn't always require a reaction. and the "hrc campaign"... is there one? has she announced? nope.

Is it secured? Does the state department have all of them? There is no way to prove either... which is why it was a foolish move to use a private email account. It makes me wonder why someone would do that? By the way... the state department had to ask for them... they just recently received these emails... this is not the way the system should work...

Just another unforced error which is why the democrats really should find another strong candidate to oppose her for the nomination... 

#5 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Is it secured? Does the state department have all of them? There is no way to prove either... which is why it was a foolish move to use a private email account. It makes me wonder why someone would do that? By the way... the state department had to ask for them... they just recently received these emails... this is not the way the system should work...

Just another unforced error which is why the democrats really should find another strong candidate to oppose her for the nomination... 

It's not even an error... In some people's minds yes... but it's not an error.  the Act was passed and in place one year after she left her appointment.

http://www.wsj.com/a...nges-1425415233

Edited by snowman, 05 March 2015 - 12:03 PM.

• Donna likes this

#6 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

It's not even an error... In some people's minds yes... but it's not an error.  the Act was passed and in place one year after she left her appointment.

http://www.wsj.com/a...nges-1425415233

The error I refer to... is her obvious inability to see how her actions will be perceived by the public... when your name is Clinton, people expect lying, cheating etc... she should be trying to over come that perception, not feed it. 

Doesn't matter at all to me of course... it simply amuses me...

• apirateatheart likes this

#7 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

Snowman, let's change the perception here.
If Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld used another email service provider other than government secured emails (which just also happen to be subject to transparency & FOIA requests) would you be willing to give them the benefit of doubt? I highly doubt it.
  • CityBoy and woo like this

#8 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

let's say I got a job at LG&E do you think they'd be ok with me using my gmail account instead of a corporate email?

#9 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

This topic seems to have grown legs... I moved these posts over from the 2016 Presidential Projections thread...

#10 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:15 PM

Totally boring.   If she was sexting photos to Putin ...ok maybe I will do more than yawn. 

Otherwise just more for Trey Gowdey to grandstand about.

#11 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Um, Tina, Cheney AND Bush DID use non-government email during the run-up of two unprovoked wars, and, look, no knickers twisted!

And, really, Q, people named Clinton will always be considered liars and cheats by those people who hate people named Clinton.  She should try to change that perception?  Isn't that kind of like Obama thinking he could work with Republicans for results that benefit Americans?  Yeah, that didn't happen either.

#12 apirateatheart

apirateatheart

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

Um, saw a clip this morning of a speech given by Hillary during the last election campaign....she was irate over the issue.   Now she turns around and does the same.    Can we all learn to spell HYPOCRISY?

• CityBoy likes this

#13 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

Nice try, apirateatheart!  But gwb43.com may have deleted MILLIONS of emails.  There were other private email accounts as well. 

I can not only spell Hypocrisy, I can SMELL hypocrisy. 

#14 usmcdd

usmcdd

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

The error I refer to... is her obvious inability to see how her actions will be perceived by the public... when your name is Clinton, people expect lying, cheating etc... she should be trying to over come that perception, not feed it. 

Doesn't matter at all to me of course... it simply amuses me...

I think this is a partisan perception, not an American perception.

I don't see the issue. She didn't break any rules and personally had the email server setup in her home and made it meet the DOJ standards. She's also asked for the State Department to review and release all of her emails.

• Donna likes this

#15 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

Um, Tina, Cheney AND Bush DID use non-government email during the run-up of two unprovoked wars, and, look, no knickers twisted!

And, really, Q, people named Clinton will always be considered liars and cheats by those people who hate people named Clinton.  She should try to change that perception?  Isn't that kind of like Obama thinking he could work with Republicans for results that benefit Americans?  Yeah, that didn't happen either.

Wherever it's been done... it's been wrong... 

As far as the Clinton's being liar's and cheats... that's are a matter of fact, not opinion. Yes, if she would really like to be POTUS, she does need to change that perception... you seem to dislike what you stated about Bush, but the exact same thing by Hillary is ok? 

Obama's problem leading people is that he is one of the poorest leaders that anyone has ever seen... you simply can't treat people like crap and expect them to follow you. Really it's a leadership 101 kind of failure... in any kind of private sector situation he would have been removed for his failures. Government is the only place someone like this can behave in the manner that he does and still keep his job... 

• grammy likes this

#16 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

I apologize for not knowing the back story here, but do you mean they used non-government emails to communicate to each other as friends, or that they used non-government emails for government business?  

That said, please don't give me this when you know in no uncertain terms am I a Bush fan nor an apologist for him.  If they did it like HRC for ALL communication, they deserve the same treatment.

I can't control FOX News nor right wing talk radio.  Of course they're going to make a stink over it when a high profile Democrat does it.  I wish they'd do it for the Republicans too, but I don't control them and I don't have my own show. ;)

Edited by Tina, 05 March 2015 - 08:04 PM.

#17 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

http://www.weeklysta...ail_876183.html

In other words, State Department policy was very clear. Using a private email outside the State Department's secure system was completely unacceptable. If this applied to ambassadors, one would think it was sensible policy for the Secretary of State as well. 

Edited by Tina, 05 March 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#18 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

The legislation changed AFTER Hillary's stint as Secretary of State, but she turned over 55,000 pages of emails. 

We'll never know what was in those off-government email accounts from Cheney & Bush as they destroyed what is thought to be MILLIONS of email, and, no, they were never friends.

And, Q, I never stated a like or dislike, just pointed out that it has been done before.  And, (hang onto your hat) but I disagree with your summation of Obama's presidency and the Clinton's.  Go figure!

• snowman and Pesty Version 2 like this

#19 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Clinton formally resigned in Feb 2013.  The article I linked about the ambassador was from 2012?

#20 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:05 PM

I couldn't access your link, something about security codes, I dunno. 

HRC is not a witch, a be-yotch, or a cheat.  She is strong, smart and resourceful.  I understand that she may not be YOUR cup of tea, but . . . 

• snowman and Pesty Version 2 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users