20 replies to this topic

#1 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

This evening when I opened my Facebook, I found a post by Mayor Bob Hall to be so disturbing and plain and simply an outright lie with regards to what happened at last night's council meeting.  He stated that the City Council voted to designate Pleasant Ridge as a historic district, when the Council never even voted on this issue!  (See his exact post below) The City Council voted to establish a steering committee to work on a redevelopment plan for the neighborhood.  There was a man there that invited everyone to attend a presentation about the benefits of a historic designation in a few weeks, but there was no vote or even council discussion regarding a vote.  He just seemingly made it up in an attempt to try and make the Council look bad.  To fabricate the truth (which I have personally witnessed many times) is one thing, but to blatantly lie is another.  Mr. Hall you are a disgrace to Charlestown and I couldn't defriend you fast enough!

Bob Hall's Facebook Post:  "FYI - After 10 months and rejecting partnerships with the State of Indiana, Indiana Housing and Community Development, USDA, Banks, New Hope Services, Developers, and over 150 million dollars of investment to revitalize the downtown area and redevelop Pleasant Ridge. The City Council voted 4-1 (Jeff Aaron, Scott McKenchnie, Ruthann Rawlings and Danny James) to try to declare Pleasant Ridge "the Projects" a National Historic District. Really, Pleasant Ridge a National Landmark for tourism. That's these Council members solution to the blight, deplorable living conditions for people, meth labs, drug dealing, high crime, disproportionate cost of city resources, and the negative impact on the community. No real money comes with their proposal to help property owners. They turned down 150 million of investment dollars to make the most blighted area of the county a "historic district". Keeping with the Star Trek theme this week. "This is not logical. Beam me up Scotty"!!!!!!"

Edited by What the What, 03 March 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#2 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

Sorry Charlestown,I went to the Charlestown City Council meeting last night and Josh Craven,spokesperson for the Pleasant Ridge addressed the City Council and the Mayor about starting a steering committee,that would consider a new path towards revitalizing Pleasant Ridge.

This group would be made up of two city council members,three Pleasant Ridge residents,one Mayor appointment,and the Mayor Bob Hall.

This committee would be a stepping stone,in a effort to reunite the City of Charlestown and the neighborhood of Pleasant Ridge.

When directly ask by Mr. Cravens to join the committee,Mayor Hall declined.

Between these two posts, the truth is in there somewhere.

#3 moose

moose

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:54 PM

“Divide and rule, the politician cries;
Unite and lead, is watchword of the wise.” 
― Johann Wolfgang von GoetheGedichte

• Donna likes this

#4 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:06 PM

I also saw the post and what people commented. I know Bob and a lot of the people that commented. I was not at the council meeting so I do not know what took place. Our town does look better and there are a lot of good things going on but I am very troubled with what was on Bob's Facebook. He doesn't get along with the city council and it shows in a very childish way. Someone else made a comment about the council drinking the kool-aid and someone else made a comment about the air stinking in the projects. Very negative. Lots of comments that should not have been made.
I think everyone knows that area needs help and our leadership needs to come together and forget their petty fights and get busy. I for one am sick of it. One group wants to fix and one group wants it gone. Gone was voted down....so that leaves fix. Our citizens deserve better than they are getting.
  • kelley, CityBoy, Cheryl L Ross and 2 others like this

#5 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

I think everyone knows that area needs help and our leadership needs to come together and forget their petty fights and get busy. I for one am sick of it.

Thank you, Masey, for making that very important point. If our leadership is to come together, Bob Hall will have to do at least five things:

1. Stop insulting some Council members during the Council meetings
  2. Stop ignoring some Council members and refusing to respond to their questions during Council meetings
  3. Treat seriously all Council members' suggestions and questions, instead of labeling selected comments as "political"
  4. Treat all Council members equally, instead of excluding some of them from his staged events
  5. Stop making false and malicious statements on his FaceBook page

Say what you will about the relative job performance of Bobby Braswell and Mike Hall, but at least we weren't exposed to this ugly divisiveness during their administrations.  

Edited by CityBoy, 04 March 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#6 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

I want to add, that I agree that Bob's Facebook post was childish and condescending. 

• CityBoy likes this

#7 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Notbanned,what part of my post are you questioning as being truthful?

You can put in a written request and get a recording of the meeting and judge for yourself.(if you were at the meeting and still make the assumption that the the truth is in the middle between my post and Bob Hall,s then maybe you should question yourself)

I can tell you that I only write about how I interpret what I hear.

Unlike Bob Hall I don't lie.

Notbanned,Thank you for saying that Bob Hall's Facebook comments were childish and condescending,after you hear the recording of the meeting I would hope you would make another post and include the fact that he lied.

Edited by Old Pawpaw, 04 March 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#8 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

I wasn't calling you a liar or comparing your post to Bob's post.  I was comparing it to What the What's post as his mentions historical designation and your's details some type of committee.  Of course, both could be true.

So did you observer a vote on the historical designation that Bob mocks in his FB post?

#9 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

Notbanned,thank you,and there was no vote on historical designation.

#10 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

I was there as a member of the City Council. The Pleasant Ridge Neighborhood Association was on the agenda, at my request, to present an idea for Pleasant Ridge revitalization. The information presented included several possibilities, including Mr. Sekula's suggestion regarding Historical Landmark designation. PRNA presented a suggestion to form a steering committee to explore the options available for revitalization. The City Council voted 4-1 to form a steering committee consisting of 2 members of the City Council, 3 members of PRNA, and the Mayor and another appointee of the Mayor. We did not vote to place PR on any historical register. I am astounded at the information Mayor Hall has presented.

Again, I can't see or respond to his posts on facebook as he has blocked me. Thanks to CCC I can see the false claims.
  • kelley likes this

#11 mrsrebel

mrsrebel

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

See here lies the problem.... False information...thanks Mrs. Rawlings for clarifying this for us. I can't understand someone not stating the truth because it will come out eventually. I guess my mother was right when she said,"a piece of paper (in this case a computer) will let you write anything on it".

#12 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

I noticed that most of Bob Hall's hand picked candidates for City Council were in attendance at the City Council meeting. Maybe they learned what they have to look forward to if they and Bob are elected.

As a councilperson you disagree with Bob and he will shun you ,classify you as a trouble maker,a obstructionist,a person who will inhibit our childrens future, among other derogetory commits that are too many to mention.

Bob Hall will lie and if as a councilperson,you dare to question him,you will be placed in the above group.

I would be willing to bet that all of the New Candidates have already meet with the Mayor many times in private.(this is his way of indoctrinating you into believing that no matter what happens,no matter what your conscience may tell you is right or wrong, only Bob Hall knows what is right for Charlestown. Beware would be Council,Bob Hall is a excellent salesman,he knows what you want to hear and he plays it to the hilt.)

New candidates,keep coming to the city council meetings and watch the Mayor with an open mind,how he treats the existing council,how he is condencending to the citizens ,that speak against any of his plans and maybe even you won't vote for Dictator Bob come November.

Edited by Old Pawpaw, 04 March 2015 - 10:14 PM.

• Cheryl L Ross likes this

#13 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

The News and Tribune story on the meeting.  I'm certainly glad the media was there to report what happened.

http://www.newsandtr...be3fba8dd0.html

• kelley and Sleepy like this

#14 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

The Mayor blocks a member of the City Council from reading his Facebook page.  Strike two, Mr. Mayor.

• CityBoy likes this

#15 All About Truth

All About Truth

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

I guess Mr. Hall doesn't know that when you tell one lie you have to tell 10 more to cover up the first one.  His Facebook post regarding the news story, apparently the reporter didn't attend the same meeting that Bob did.  Wow, just wow!  SMH

From Bob Hall's Facebook:

I was surprised by the article too. It made no mention of the nearly hour long presentation on making Pleasant Ridge a historic district given by Mr. Craven and Greg Sekula of the Indiana Landmarks group. Everyone there was told their next meeting with Mr. Sekula is on making it a historic district is later this month. In the brochure outlining the activities of the committee, it states "work with non profit Indiana Landmarks to investigate listing of the neighborhood on the National Register of Historic Places". That was one of the main purposes of the committee. I do not understand why the article did not mention the historic district when it was clearly the center of the whole presentation.

#16 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

Shea??????

Come in Shea

#17 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

Just read Mayor Bob's latest Facebook post.  If he digs that hole much deeper, he can just pull it in over his head.  In his defense, I think he mis-typed that last sentence, which reads:

"I do not understand why the article did not mention the historic district when it was clearly the center of the whole presentation."

What he meant to type was:

"I do not understand why the article wasn't skewed in my favor, when it's clear that I'm the center of the universe."

• Old Pawpaw and mrsrebel like this

#18 sheavanhoy

sheavanhoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

Gary told me the historic district talk is just one phase of the presentation. If you look at the document [posted with our story] the historic district is listed in the "ideas" section and that it would be investigated.

Gary said the vote was on forming the steering committee, certainly not on forming a historic district.

Best, Shea.

• kelley, Donna and Old Pawpaw like this

#19 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:21 PM

Thank you, Shea!
  • sheavanhoy likes this

#20 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

At the Council meeting, Hall asked that if he were to grant the neighborhood association’s request and sit on the steering committee, could he expect to be treated professionally and respectfully. The very next morning, on his Facebook page, Hall ridiculed the Council members for their efforts to help the folks in Pleasant Ridge.  He closed his post with this snarky comment:  "This is not logical. Beam me up, Scotty!!!!!"  How's that for gaining the respect of the Council members?

I'm just so sick of this petty and unprofessional behavior by our Mayor. His plan was voted down by four out of five members of the Council.  For God's sake, Mr. Hall, get over your snit and move on.  We don't need any more people laughing at our city because of this crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users