• snowman likes this

#62 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

Israel was created in 1947/48 as a reaction to the Holocaust.  Were the Arabs a part of that Holocaust?  Why were they punished for the sins of Hitler?

Someone from the West (Hitler) persecuted the Jews and so an imperial Britain, who controlled that area, gave the land to the Jews.

And we wonder why they hate all of us so! 

In terms of Biblical history (ie- the rising and falling of Israel), would we say that the Holocaust was God's will to get His people back to their promised land?  Did that just make some heads explode to think of this conflict in deeper terms?

What if you knew the back story? http://en.wikipedia....our_Declaration

Look, you either believe God is in control - or you don't.  There's no other way to parse this from a theological standpoint.  Since most Americans stand with Israel SOLELY because they believe that God will smite us if we don't - I really wish more would dig into this issue a bit further than that shallow soundbite.

whether God is in control or not, it's the men/women in control of governments that are responsible for figuring out how to solve the problems there now.  they should have set up 2 governments, but at the time palestine was not a country, just some territory where arabs, and some jews, lived for thousands of years.

#63 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

interesting... i didn't realize some of this. i doubt God is on Israel's side.

#64 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:16 PM

Oh I understand the biblical history all the way back to Isaac and Ishmael.  If you want to challenge me on it, have at it.  I am perfectly content to continue the discussion.  But don't pretend I'm ignorant and bow out.  I welcome the challenge.

I believe the Ishmaelites have purpose in God's plan.  And I am TOTALLY comfortable in my faith, leaving it in His hands.

I believe God is the Creator.  Which means that He even breathes life into Muslims.  He has a PURPOSE for them, even if we don't like it.

Peace.

I will break my own rule and answer you once.  The problem does not begin with Isaac and Ishmael, even though that is a huge part in it.

I have no reason to challenge you.  I certainly will not get into an in depth biblical discussion with you on a blog.

I am sorry I have ruffled your feathers.

#65 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

lord...  i love getting called names on here.  what the hell???

this video is quite interesting for the corrections to history that folks believe. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=etXAm-OylQQ

Edited by Quasar, 20 March 2015 - 01:43 PM.
To remove insult by another poster

#66 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Peace, snowman and Tina,

{snowman} well, from the point of view of folks who lived there, Israel is the intruder. really...  there should have been a 2-state solution from the get-go. it's not too late to fix that. and really, there is no other solution.

Israel was created in 1947/48 as a reaction to the Holocaust.  Were the Arabs a part of that Holocaust?  Why were they punished for the sins of Hitler?

Someone from the West (Hitler) persecuted the Jews and so an imperial Britain, who controlled that area, gave the land to the Jews.

And we wonder why they hate all of us so! 

In terms of Biblical history (ie- the rising and falling of Israel), would we say that the Holocaust was God's will to get His people back to their promised land?  Did that just make some heads explode to think of this conflict in deeper terms?

What if you knew the back story? http://en.wikipedia....our_Declaration

Look, you either believe God is in control - or you don't.  There's no other way to parse this from a theological standpoint.  Since most Americans stand with Israel SOLELY because they believe that God will smite us if we don't - I really wish more would dig into this issue a bit further than that shallow soundbite.

The Balfour Declaration predates Nazi Germany.  Please, view the following video for a more complete understanding of when the Jewish and Palestinian states were first proposed.  The neighboring Arab states and the Palestinians have repeatedly opposed attempts by Israel to form a two-state solution.

#67 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

The neighboring Arab states and the Palestinians have repeatedly opposed attempts by Israel to form a two-state solution.

nope, sorry this isn't true.

this is over 1 hour long,  but a nice factual rebuttal of popular myth:   https://www.youtube....h?v=etXAm-OylQQ

Edited by snowman, 20 March 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#68 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

I am well aware the Balfour declaration predates Israel. That's why I brought it up. People need to be aware of how we got here. It didnt start in 1948.

#69 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

Peace, snowman,

The neighboring Arab states and the Palestinians have repeatedly opposed attempts by Israel to form a two-state solution.

nope, sorry this isn't true.

If you deny the historical facts that Israel has made multiple attempts to form a two-state solution since Balfour, then there is nothing to discuss.

• Quasar likes this

#70 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

Peace, snowman,

If you deny the historical facts that Israel has made multiple attempts to form a two-state solution since Balfour, then there is nothing to discuss.

that film of yours is propaganda bs man... so yeah. nothing to discuss.

#71 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

lord...  i love getting called names on here.  what the hell???

I don't know why folks do this... and I don't like it. Consider it a win though, when they can't make an argument and lower themselves to insults... you win!

I sent the OP a message regarding this and hope we don't see it in the future... 

#72 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

I would just like to point out... folks who think that somehow Israel wants peace, it's just not proven by their actions, especially with the wall going up, the building of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.  The horrible living conditions they force on the Arabs... 

It's way past time to re-evaluate our  defense of Israel and force them to do the right thing.

#73 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

Peace, snowman,

I would just like to point out... folks who think that somehow Israel wants peace, it's just not proven by their actions, especially with the wall going up, the building of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.  The horrible living conditions they force on the Arabs... 

It's way past time to re-evaluate our  defense of Israel and force them to do the right thing.

I know this is quixotic, but I must ask, "How do you propose that these united States force Israel to do the right thing?"

#74 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

I'm still amazed that we're negotiating anything with these freaks... 

Iran Accuses U.S. of Lying About New Nuke Agreement
Says White House misleading Congress, American people with fact sheet

#75 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:41 PM

The agreement allows for low enriched uranium.  Wikipedia states: "

Low-enriched uranium (LEU)[edit]

Low-enriched uranium (LEU) has a lower than 20% concentration of 235U. For use in commercial light water reactors (LWR), the most prevalent power reactors in the world, uranium is enriched to 3 to 5% 235U. Fresh LEU used in research reactors is usually enriched 12% to 19.75% U-235, the latter concentration being used to replace HEU fuels when converting to LEU.[3"

I take it the deal allows this and Iran notes it.

Far from calling US 'liars'.  

But, if you follow Rush or the WAR nuts....you can spin anything to what you want. 

Do you really think Obama wants to proliferate nukes via Iran?   If your mind is set that way....It will be hard for you to

see the deal objectively.

Meanwhile, as an optimist, I am glad we have verifiable deal on the ground. I look forward to the decent people in Iran prospering

and the idealogues slowly fading away.

You can't make a nuclear weapon this way. 

Edited by Pesty Version 2, 02 April 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#76 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

Check it: "The fissile uranium innuclear weapon primaries usually contains 85% or more of 235U known as weapon(s)-grade, though theoretically for an implosion design, a minimum of 20% could be sufficient (called weapon(s)-usable) although it would require hundreds of kilograms of material and "would not be practical to design";[4][5]"

Meanwhile, even 'low grade' could theoretically make a nuke....but it would take a football stadium of the stuff to do it. Not exacty terrorist weapon territory.

#77 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:45 PM

My point:  get real.

• Donna likes this

#78 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

Pesty, tell Iran to bring it.

We are ready.

Apocalypse Now; the Do Long Bridge Roach Scene
"The Roach was from Jeffersonville. A good guy."

Edited by Savile Row, 02 April 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#79 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

I see the POTUS taking a victory lap today due to his "must have" Iran Nuke Deal...

I hope congress can get this deal killed... 

Meanwhile... Former US Marine Amir Hekmati is still rotting in an Iranian prison on bogus charges after nearly four years... 

• kelley and CityBoy like this

#80 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

I'm starting to see more details about this deal... I think we messed up pretty bad here...
  • Russell Brooksbank likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users