224 replies to this topic

#41 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

I will stand with Israel by getting out of their way and letting them defend themselves. If Israel feels threatened by a nuclear Iran then it is their prerogative to do what they must to defend themselves. My personal feelings are that if God is in Israel's corner then nothing can defeat them. Like Tina said, God's got this. The bigger issue is who are we to tell another country that they cannot have the same weapons that we have? 

• Persona Non Grata likes this

#42 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:13 PM

I agree. My theology though says God has this.
I think it takes a whole lot of pride (which God hates btw) to believe that without us, Israel will fall. Again, my faith says He has this. We can support Israel in ways that won't bankrupt our own. What then? What happens when our dollar collapses? Israel will be forced to rely solely on God. I just prefer they do that before our economy crashes from the weight of our debt.

I will agree to a point. To those that do not believe, this would be an endless discussion. I will say this much, I believe that God
Will protect Israel from destruction. He will also watch over those that watch over his children.
  • Russell Brooksbank likes this

#43 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:15 PM

I will stand with Israel by getting out of their way and letting them defend themselves. If Israel feels threatened by a nuclear Iran then it is their prerogative to do what they must to defend themselves. My personal feelings are that if God is in Israel's corner then nothing can defeat them. Like Tina said, God's got this. The bigger issue is who are we to tell another country that they cannot have the same weapons that we have?

That makes a lot of sense. Make sure your enemies have the same capabilities as you.
It is only fair. Lol

#44 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

That makes a lot of sense. Make sure your enemies have the same capabilities as you.
It is only fair. Lol

We have 5000 nukes, 14,000 aircraft, 72 submarines, and 19 aircraft carriers. Iran will never have the same capabilities that we have.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 19 March 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#45 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

Then declare them an enemy, fight them and win. Even so, we have no right to dictate to other countries.

#46 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

I will agree to a point. To those that do not believe, this would be an endless discussion. I will say this much, I believe that God
Will protect Israel from destruction. He will also watch over those that watch over his children.

I think we need to be careful not to confuse Israel (the PEOPLE) with some worldly boundaries that we now call Israel.

Unless, of course, you believe God supports this: http://www.washingto...75b3_story.html

The 2014 “health basket” of medical services and medications approved by Israel’s cabinet Sunday (Jan. 5) includes free abortions for Israeli women aged 20 to 33, regardless of the circumstances.

Edited by Tina, 19 March 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#47 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:25 AM

I doubt the Arabs think that God has this... they've been living under an increasingly hostile Israeli government for 60 years, supported in large part by USA $$ and weapons.  If you're born Arab in certain areas you have no chance at a good life.  It's human nature to try and fight back under these circumstances, no wonder terrorists have sprouted up in the last 60 years.  For the US to continue supporting this system is just plain nuts.

Edited by snowman, 20 March 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#48 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

Interesting that the Senate has backed down from holding a vote until later in April. Obama wins again.

This deal will be signed. What other possibility is there really?  Europe, Russia and China will lift sanctions and start trading with Iran, leaving the US the lone sanctioners...  That is the reality. 

#49 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

I think we need to be careful not to confuse Israel (the PEOPLE) with some worldly boundaries that we now call Israel.

Unless, of course, you believe God supports this: http://www.washingto...75b3_story.html

Tina,

I am sorry but you are missing the point.  I will make this short.  Do you believe in the phrase, God Bless America?

If so, are you asking that God Bless the sinful things that the people do?

I would think not.  You are asking that he bless us in general terms.

Like I said, this is a endless discussion.

#50 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

Do you believe that if Obamacare included (mandatory) for insurance companies to cover elective abortion, no matter the cause that God would continue to bless America?  Or do you think He just might turn His back on us for a while and let us fall?  The Bible shows Israel rising to power and falling many, many times as all humans are "stiff-necked" people who forget history.

Right now, we are a false idol for Israel.  Instead of relying on God, they rely on the USA to protect them.  The taxpayer funded abortions in Israel is just one example that shows we should question whether their GOVERNMENT even has God's favor right now!  The people of Israel must be in favor of this position, since they didn't vote for a change in that government.

Now, what would the Old Testament say would happen to such a king in those times who strayed from God?

#51 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:21 AM

Bottom line: God will protect His chosen people.  

#52 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

Interesting that the Senate has backed down from holding a vote until later in April. Obama wins again.

This deal will be signed. What other possibility is there really?  Europe, Russia and China will lift sanctions and start trading with Iran, leaving the US the lone sanctioners...  That is the realit

I doubt the Arabs think that God has this... they've been living under an increasingly hostile Israeli government for 60 years, supported in large part by USA $$ and weapons.  If you're born Arab in certain areas you have no chance at a good life.  It's human nature to try and fight back under these circumstances, no wonder terrorists have sprouted up in the last 60 years.  For the US to continue supporting this system is just plain nuts.

Snowman,

How would you act if you were attacked on a daily basis.   To have to protect yourself and your family each and every day.

The reason that you are being attacked is because of your very existence.  Their hope is to wipe you off of the face of the earth.

#53 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

Bottom line: God will protect His chosen people.  

Yes God will protect his chosen people.  Just remember, he will reward and take revenge.

Which one would you prefer?

#54 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

This deal will be signed. What other possibility is there really? Europe, Russia and China will lift sanctions and start trading with Iran, leaving the US the lone sanctioners... That is the realit

I doubt the Arabs think that God has this... they've been living under an increasingly hostile Israeli government for 60 years, supported in large part by USA $$ and weapons. If you're born Arab in certain areas you have no chance at a good life. It's human nature to try and fight back under these circumstances, no wonder terrorists have sprouted up in the last 60 years. For the US to continue supporting this system is just plain nuts.

Snowman,
How would you act if you were attacked on a daily basis. To have to protect yourself and your family each and every day.
The reason that you are being attacked is because of your very existence. Their hope is to wipe you off of the face of the earth.

1) there is no moral excuse for the treatment of non violent Palestinians. It is apartheid.

2) Treating people like that guarantees hate for the oppressors.

Edited by kelley, 20 March 2015 - 08:32 AM.

• Russell Brooksbank likes this

#55 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

This deal will be signed. What other possibility is there really?  Europe, Russia and China will lift sanctions and start trading with Iran, leaving the US the lone sanctioners...  That is the realit

Snowman,

How would you act if you were attacked on a daily basis.   To have to protect yourself and your family each and every day.

The reason that you are being attacked is because of your very existence.  Their hope is to wipe you off of the face of the earth.

well, from the point of view of folks who lived there, Israel is the intruder. really...  there should have been a 2-state solution from the get-go. it's not too late to fix that. and really, there is no other solution.  most people recognize this and netanyahu would have lost and progress could have occurred there, but for the speech go congress, his scaring people that arabs were coming out in droves to vote on election day, his total reversal of what he says has been his stance, a 2-state solution, all that got the right wingers to the voting booth, and now he reverses his stance. like that is so much BS.

#56 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:37 AM

Yes God will protect his chosen people.  Just remember, he will reward and take revenge.

Which one would you prefer?

I would prefer we give Him the opportunity to show His glory and PRAY for Israel instead of pretending that we are doing His will by making war throughout the region.  In order to believe that, you must believe that all our leaders are regularly in prayer and are in God's will; they seek His will before making decisions.

Otherwise they're doing the bidding of someone else...

Now, if you truly think our leadership in this nation are God fearing men (as in, they are prayerful before making major decisions) then you're right, you and I will NEVER come around to the same position.

#57 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

well, from the point of view of folks who lived there, Israel is the intruder. really...  there should have been a 2-state solution from the get-go. it's not too late to fix that. and really, there is no other solution.  

Israel was created in 1947/48 as a reaction to the Holocaust.  Were the Arabs a part of that Holocaust?  Why were they punished for the sins of Hitler?

Someone from the West (Hitler) persecuted the Jews and so an imperial Britain, who controlled that area, gave the land to the Jews.

And we wonder why they hate all of us so! 

In terms of Biblical history (ie- the rising and falling of Israel), would we say that the Holocaust was God's will to get His people back to their promised land?  Did that just make some heads explode to think of this conflict in deeper terms?

What if you knew the back story? http://en.wikipedia....our_Declaration

Look, you either believe God is in control - or you don't.  There's no other way to parse this from a theological standpoint.  Since most Americans stand with Israel SOLELY because they believe that God will smite us if we don't - I really wish more would dig into this issue a bit further than that shallow soundbite.

Edited by Tina, 20 March 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#58 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

It's colonialism.

#59 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

I would prefer we give Him the opportunity to show His glory and PRAY for Israel instead of pretending that we are doing His will by making war throughout the region.  In order to believe that, you must believe that all our leaders are regularly in prayer and are in God's will; they seek His will before making decisions.

Otherwise they're doing the bidding of someone else...

Now, if you truly think our leadership in this nation are God fearing men (as in, they are prayerful before making major decisions) then you're right, you and I will NEVER come around to the same position.

Tina,

The last thing that I would want to do is to continue this disagreement.  So this will be my last post on this subject.

My only suggestion to you would be, do your biblical research.  Start at the beginning.  Don't skip anything.  Then and only then will you understand.

I hope that you are able to follow the trail of the middle east problems.  If you do so, you will understand how this is shaping up.

Good luck an God's speed.

#60 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

Oh I understand the biblical history all the way back to Isaac and Ishmael.  If you want to challenge me on it, have at it.  I am perfectly content to continue the discussion.  But don't pretend I'm ignorant and bow out.  I welcome the challenge.

I believe the Ishmaelites have purpose in God's plan.  And I am TOTALLY comfortable in my faith, leaving it in His hands.

I believe God is the Creator.  Which means that He even breathes life into Muslims.  He has a PURPOSE for them, even if we don't like it.

Peace.

Edited by Tina, 20 March 2015 - 10:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users