224 replies to this topic

#21 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

I see lots of people on my facebook feed posting about Standing with Israel.

Is Israel a people or their leader?  Because if the Israelites vote for someone else who doesn't wish for war with Iran, what then for the Americans who wish to stand with Israel?  What if they choose peace and diplomacy instead of sanctions and war?

• kelley, Pesty Version 2 and Donna like this

#22 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

Wonder if Congress, well Boehner in particular feel they were had by Netanyahu... Part of his speech below. Just days before the election he stated to the Jewish electorate there would never be a Palestinian state while he is in office.

Text of PM Binyamin Netanyahu's speech to the US Congress

We must also find a way to forge a lasting peace with the Palestinians. Two years ago, I publicly committed to a solution of two states for two peoples: A Palestinian state alongside the Jewish state.

I am willing to make painful compromises to achieve this historic peace. As the leader of Israel, it is my responsibility to lead my people to peace.

This is not easy for me. I recognize that in a genuine peace, we will be required to give up parts of the Jewish homeland. 

#23 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Obama sure got his tail kicked in Israel yesterday... huge voter turnout... wide margin... Netanyahu wins... 

Team Obama actively campaigned in Israel to defeat Netanyahu and just couldn't pull it off... a lot like his failures of the 2014 midterms...  :thumbsup:

#24 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:15 PM

Team Obama actively campaigned in Israel to defeat Netanyahu...

How so?

#25 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

How so?

Obama is a has been that should have never been.
  • jiyabird likes this

#26 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

How so?

Obama is a has been that should have never been.

You could have spewed this drivel without quoting my post. I asked a question with the hope of getting an answer.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 18 March 2015 - 05:36 PM.

• Donna likes this

#27 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

How so?

I dunno... I've not been there... it's been reported in the media though, a Google search would probably turn it up for you if you have a genuine interest... 

#28 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:38 AM

Barry is really PO'd now... he couldn't kill Netanyahu at the polls... so now it looks like he might go full force against Israel... Give Iran those nukes... Back Hamas... Use the UN... whatever it takes to kill off these Israeli bastards once and for all... 

In the wake of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decisive reelection, the Obama administration is revisiting longtime assumptions about America’s role as a shield for Israel against international pressure.

#29 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

Not sure how anyone in the USA could cheer on Netanyahu.  And his desire to keep Arab citizens of Israel in an Apartheid-like state.  Surely our government policy toward Israel will be changing.

#30 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

It has no chance of ending well with him in charge. That's for sure.  The Arabs can't vote in Israel and they can't have their own country. Pathetic.

#31 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Peace, snowman,

It has no chance of ending well with him in charge. That's for sure.  The Arabs can't vote in Israel and they can't have their own country. Pathetic.

Are you really that ignorant?  Arabs can and do vote in Israel.  There are Arab-Israeli parties in the Knesset, e.g.: United Arab List.  Try being jewish in an moslem country and see if you get suffrage.

#32 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

Peace, snowman,

Are you really that ignorant?  Arabs can and do vote in Israel.  There are Arab-Israeli parties in the Knesset, e.g.: United Arab List.  Try being jewish in an moslem country and see if you get suffrage.

I think we could have done without the ignorant comment... and yes, I understand the definition of the word...

You are correct... the Arabs do vote and did turnout in significant numbers from what I've read.

The Arab vote is what our tax payer dollars were involved in turning out for Obama... so it's not clear to me what snowman was referencing... 

• CityBoy likes this

#33 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

Peace, Quasar,

I think we could have done without the ignorant comment... and yes, I understand the definition of the word...

You are correct... the Arabs do vote and did turnout in significant numbers from what I've read.

The Arab vote is what our tax payer dollars were involved in turning out for Obama... so it's not clear to me what snowman was referencing... 

I'm not using ignorant as an ad hominem.  Ad hominem attacks are a sign of logical failure.  I'm using the dictionary definition: lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact.  I freely admit I'm ignorant with respect to certain subjects, e.g.: taxidermy.  Part of the reason I'm here to discuss these subjects is to remove ignorance.  Education and Socratic discussion cure ignorance and will lead to a better citizenry and, through a better educated and informed citizenry, secure the Liberty which the Founders and Framers bequeathed to us.

He's been told a lie and he believed it as it agreed with his world view.  I hope that when presented with the truth, he will re-evaluate his information sources and world view.

#34 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

It is sad to see that so many think this is just about politics.  It is about the total destruction of Israel.  The problems there

are rooted in religion and ideology.  If you gave the Palestinian people there own country, there would still be the constant fighting.

The Islamic radicals will not be happy until Israel is destroyed.  That will never happen.

• James-R-McClure-Jr likes this

#35 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

yes, Arabs in Israel can vote... I was meaning all Arabs in Palestine territories, they have absolutely no ability to do anything. Thanks to Israel.

Elections in the Palestinian Authority are held to exercise the Palestinian right to self-determination in connection with their right to establish their own state, but are held under military occupation.[6] They are held in the framework of the Oslo Accords, meaning that the power of the PNA was (and is) limited to matters such as culture, education, ID-cards, and the distribution of the land and water left by Israelis.[A][7]

Israel does not allow free exercise of political activities; checkpoints and separation walls hinder many social activities. The parliament cannot properly function because free travel is impossible, especially between Gaza and the West Bank, regardless of hostilities between Fatah and Hamas. Members of the Palestinian Legislative Council and other politicians have been subject to lengthy detentions by Israel or even killed, particularly those of Hamas. In October 2007, 2 ex-ministers and 45 PLC members were in Israeli detention.[8] In July 2012, there were 4,706 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons. Of these, 22 are PLC members, of which 18 are in administrative detention.[9][10][11] The November 2013 figures of Addameer give about 5,000 prisoners imprisoned by Israel, of which 14 are members of the Palestinian Legislative Council (10 PLC members in administrative detention).[12]

Edited by snowman, 19 March 2015 - 01:25 PM.

#36 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

I agree with Q on the ignorant comment, but nice of you to help us find our way through the hinterland.

#37 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

How long will the US continue to support Apartheid in Israel? 

#38 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

It is sad to see that so many think this is just about politics.  It is about the total destruction of Israel.  The problems there
are rooted in religion and ideology.  If you gave the Palestinian people there own country, there would still be the constant fighting.
The Islamic radicals will not be happy until Israel is destroyed.  That will never happen.

I agree. My theology though says God has this.

I think it takes a whole lot of pride (which God hates btw) to believe that without us, Israel will fall. Again, my faith says He has this. We can support Israel in ways that won't bankrupt our own. What then? What happens when our dollar collapses? Israel will be forced to rely solely on God. I just prefer they do that before our economy crashes from the weight of our debt.

#39 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

I agree. My theology though says God has this.

I think it takes a whole lot of pride (which God hates btw) to believe that without us, Israel will fall. Again, my faith says He has this. We can support Israel in ways that won't bankrupt our own. What then? What happens when our dollar collapses? Israel will be forced to rely solely on God. I just prefer they do that before our economy crashes from the weight of our debt.

What??? Surely Israel will step up and return some of the many favors we have lavished on them for all these decades! We don't have anything to worry about as long as we have Netanyahu in our corner.

#40 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,127 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

What Jimmy Carter said.
  • Persona Non Grata likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users