93 replies to this topic

#41 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Can a person legally get to city checks.

1 Working for Mayor

2. Working for trustee

#42 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

John Spencer is actually making it easier for people to access us by designing a website and linking various local Charity groups to it.

Is Mr. Spencer building a data base of persons receiving aid from the Trustee's office?  Will Mayor Hall be given access to such a data base, or to any paper records kept in the Trustee's office?

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#43 rhouchens

rhouchens

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:59 AM

I just hope the board realizes that the office of the trustee is tho help the citizens of Charlestown not to get into the savings and investments business,remodeling or rental property business , I have no doubt Tom will do the right thing for the people as for the others, Ruthie I have known her my whole life she has always tried to help people regardless of her political affiliation I believe instead of studying books from the state Mr Glover would find himself much more efficient if he studied the people of Charlestown and what can be done to help them now such as job banks etc so the office doesn't find themselves assisting some of the same citizens, stop giving them a hand out give them a hand up.

#44 mrsrebel

mrsrebel

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

I doubt very seriously that Mr. Thompson would have done anything different during his terms. He helped people and that's why this office is there. Mr.Kendrick and his staff needs to learn how to run this office so that they also can help our citizens. I am not going to get into any bashing of anyone, but I do find it odd that an employee of city hall is also working for the trustee. I will admit that as a tax payer,this does not sit well with me. I have nothing against Mr. Spencer, he seems to be a very nice man, but this just doesn't pass the smell test for me. I don't know if I were Mr. Kendrick if I would want so much information about MY office being discussed so freely on social media. I know that it's not illegal to do so but I'd rather some of my office activities be just that MY OFFICE ACTIVITIES. As I have said previously, get your office running so that the citizens can be helped and let what the other trustee did go. It helps no one to keep that conversation going.
  • Cheryl L Ross, Sleepy and Old Pawpaw like this

#45 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

Im sure when school gets out Mr. Kendrick will address these concerns.

#46 mrsrebel

mrsrebel

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

I think Mr. Kendrick needs to address these concerns way before school is out. I don't know who Mr. Kendrick is (I've never met him) but if there are questions (any questions) about HIS office then he needs to address them himself instead of his board members. See this is how troubles start... He says...she says...everyone says...and then no one knows what's being said. I can advise Mr. Kendrick from my own over 30 years experience.... Run your ship and if someone else wants to run it tell them to get a ship of their own!
  • Sleepy and Old Pawpaw like this

#47 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Just from the outside looking in, Frank only mentioned the previous trustee once and the rest of you have kept that discussion going.

As for the office being discussed publicly, I think transparency and open communication (whether you like what is being communicated or not) is much better than silence and trust.  

^that's why our government is in the mess it is in from townships all the way to DC.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Cheryl L Ross and 1 other like this

#48 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

City Boy,I think you may be correct in the reasoning that Mr. Spencer will give information in the Data Base to Bob Hall.

I am certain that Bob Hall will use the names of the people who have requested help from the Trustee's Office to further his own political ambitions.

Watch out Charlestown,there is an old adage that says "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

There is no question that Bob Hall wants absolute power!

For Charlestown's sake I sure hope Tom Kendrick will re-evaluate his help and realize that he was the person elected to the position of Township Trustee and not Mayor Hall!

#49 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

If the city worker is a salaried employee

can he work at the trustee office???

#50 CtownMan

CtownMan

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

I agree with Tina that open communication is great for a public office and I think that this is a great forum for it. Frank has stated that Tom is planning on coming on here and I think that is great that he is willing to explain his decisions on here.
  • Old Pawpaw likes this

#51 mrsrebel

mrsrebel

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

I agree that open communication is great but when the one in charge isn't addressing people's questions then I get concerned.
  • Dexter Morgan likes this

#52 rosietheriveter

rosietheriveter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

This link takes you to an association that a township MAY join. They lobby for the townships and office of trustee. They are meeting today thru Wednesday. The link should also show what bills are in this session at the statehouse, concerning townships.

http://indianatownshipassoc.org

Within this link is info on what a trustee is responsible for. However, assessment duties are no longer one of the trustees duties. Double check statute for current.
http://home.comcast....ties/Duties.htm

Edited by rosietheriveter, 02 March 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#53 CtownMan

CtownMan

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

I completely agree. I hope he really does intend on getting on here.

#54 rosietheriveter

rosietheriveter

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Another

http://unitedtownships.org/?p=368

#55 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:18 PM

I don't know that I would say that "the one in charge isn't addressing concerns" as much as Junior here may have jumped the gun in making himself township office spokesperson. This is about as confusing as any thread I've seen on the Chatter but maybe the actual Trustee will clear things up in due time.
  • Sleepy likes this

#56 rhouchens

rhouchens

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

Tom is attempting to set up a chatter account and intends on addressing all of the questions on here he had some problems setting up an account just be patient he is eager to get on chatter.

#57 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

Tom attempted to set up a Chatter membership yesterday evening but a glitch in the system prevented his membership from going through. I found notice of it this morning and am working on getting his account approved.

Thanks.

• kelley and Tina like this

#58 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:08 AM

I don't know that I would say that "the one in charge isn't addressing concerns" as much as Junior here may have jumped the gun in making himself township office spokesperson. This is about as confusing as any thread I've seen on the Chatter but maybe the actual Trustee will clear things up in due time.

"Junior here" was clearly speaking for himself only about his role on the Board in his original post.

Considering many individuals have used this forum when running for election then quickly abandoned it, I appreciate this young man reporting in on the work he's done since his successful election. If people read more into it, that's on them.
  • GrumpyGranny, Tina and Donna like this

#59 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Honestly, do we need to throw around names that imply age discrimination?  

Frank seems to be handling the heat he got just fine.  He kept coming back to answer.

Chatter is NOT an easy place for any elected official.  He's on the township advisory board.  Elected.  

• GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

#60 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

If Tom Kendrick does get on here,I only have one question,the answer will give many insight as to where he stands.

Tom did you recruit your two employees or were they provided by Mayor Hall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users