25 replies to this topic

#21 Diogenes

Diogenes

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

What an awesome turn out the GOP Meet & Greet was. It was so nice to be in such a nice relaxed environment that Sam's Montrose was providing for that event that allowed "The People" of Clarksville to meet the future leaders of this Great town. And those people of this community that showed up they were much more than concerned citizens or supporters of the GOP they were educators of the history of this fair town, and when I say history I mean the true nitty gritty of Clarksville Political history.

When through the course of the evening's events and many topics of discussion one could feel a sense of devotion from fellow citizen to fellow citizen that they care not only for the future of our fair community but of their fellow citizens as well. I was truly amazed by the caliber of people that are in this community that makes up Clarksville, just truly amazed and quite impressed as to how these people trudge through day to day year to year working in their way to make this a great place for their children, grandchildren and so forth.

I tell you this much from my way of seeing things, "The People" are on fire with the knowledge that they understand they count and are the TRUE driving force behind the direction of where Clarksville is headed and look out, those Town Council meetings may just be standing room only as they should be so as to make sure and remind those Elected and employed in this community that "there's a new Marshall in town and he don't cotton to any shenanigans".

To those wonderful people who attended last nights affair, "thank you", you did more to support and confirm that moving to Clarksville is a darn good thing to do as its citizenry is rich with history, humor, love and devotion to keep Jimmy Stewarts character George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life" happy with knowing there's another Bedford Falls and its Clarksville, Indiana USA   

• TomD and Tina like this

#22 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

The place was packed.  By my count, over 100 attendees...I might have missed some, because people just would not stand still.  :laugh:  I saw lots of apparently voluntarily donated cash and checks in the fishbowls. 

In talking with other attendees, the theme I heard most often was "We've had enough, it's time for a new beginning".  And those sentiments were from old-line Dem voters!  :yes:   I was surprised that so many Dems chose to attend, until I heard some of them express their dismay at the way their party and elected Dems have behaved in the recent past.

• Donna likes this

#23 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

That is great to hear.  Looks like November may be historic for Clarksville.

#24 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:24 PM

Voluntarily Donated.  I like that.

TomD  I really agree with you.  I think both Dem and Rep

voters are very tired of the old ways of the incumbents.

That them will be loud and clear during the campaign from

both sides I am sure.

I hope the best people get elected for the Town of Clarksville.

#25 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

I think both Dem and Rep

voters are very tired of the old ways of the incumbents.

The people I talked to not only seemed tired of the old ways of the incumbents, but also dismayed by the actions of their party and party members in general. 

I hope the best people get elected for the Town of Clarksville.

Me, too.  Amen.  Ditto.  Yes. 

Quite a few Dems I talked to wondered why their party did not put forward more quality/quantity of candidates.  They said they were at a GOP meet and greet/fundraiser to see if they could find quality Republicans to support and vote for...said they just could not bring themselves to vote for many of the Dems.

After the last town election, I was tossed out of my party for supporting a couple of candidates from the other party along with a candidate from my party.  I said at the time that it was important to support the best candidates, regardless of party affiliation.  If my former party had put up some good candidates back then, I could have supported them...it looks like my former party did not learn, and this election repeated the mistakes of the past by putting some real stinkers on the ballot along with some good candidates.  I hope the honest Dem voters will figure it out. 

JMO

• GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#26 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Quality Candidates??  Hmmmmm

Tom D you may know the people better then 

I do.  My grandmother had a method during her days that

helped her decide.  She has past, please don't bash her system

but perhaps it can help clarify your statements and help others.

Make a spread sheet of the people in the race.

She would try to find out background Ex. Education

Where a candidate worked, community groups involved in,

she would note if they called her and asked for her vote and lastly

if my memory serves correct, she would write down things she read or

heard from her neighbors.

Grandma is what I would  call an informed voter.

So Tom, I guess my question to you his how do you define a quality candidate?

Like I have said before, I hope everyone votes and at least works to get informed

about the candidates.  As some may note, grandma had a big influence on me.

Good Sunday to All.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users