• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

Quasar, if you really want to expand your horizons in  the area of home food preservation, let me recommend this group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook...freliantliving/

Be warned, however, that they are deadly serious about only using safe, tested food preservation techniques.  Definitely not for folks who only want to do it the "old school" way.  Pressure canning only for low-acid foods (most vegetables, beans, meat, etc.).   20,000+ members.

That looks like an excellent source! Thank you

#22 HoundDog

HoundDog

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hounddog - Have you tried PC Hardware in Sellersburg?  They match prices and I'm fairly sure they stock that stuff...

OpenEars, I talked to PC Hardware today.  Thanks for the suggestion but all they have in stock are the regular-mouth jars.  The search continues!!!

• OpenEars likes this

#23 HoundDog

HoundDog

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Props to Tractor Supply Co.. in Sellersburg, Indiana! I've been on a mad hunt this weekend for wide-mouth pint canning jars. Found lots of regular-mouth jars and dead ends. Called Tractor Supply on Saturday evening; the manager went and checked the inventory. Said they had THREE cases left! Went there after church today and they were marked $9.99 a case. An average price BUT, when I mentioned to the cashier that Menard's has them for $7.50 a case, she looked it up on her phone and matched the price!!! Woohoo! Score!

Went to Meijers and loaded up with about 18 pounds of boneless pork loin (3 halves).  Packed up two of them into pint jars and they're in the canner processing.  The third is cut up into boneless chops and they're in the freezer.  Double score!

But still can't wait for Menards to open!   :laugh: 

• kelley, Quasar, Tina and 1 other like this

#24 Hike Mutt

Hike Mutt

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

LOVE Menards! But I must say if anyone hasn't visited PC Sellersburg/New Albany you should visit it soon. Great place! Always great to support small business!

#25 HoundDog

HoundDog

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:16 AM

I'm devastated but learned today that Menards won't be opening until Fall, according to an article dated this week in Business First.

http://m.bizjournals...ing.html?r=full

#26 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

Well dang.  Hate that. every other communication was for April, seems like an explanation would be included in this press release.

And you'd think Mr. Abbott, being the Menard's spokesman, would know that the nearest store to Jeffersonville is in Columbus, not Bloomington.

• Quasar likes this

#27 HoundDog

HoundDog

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

Mr. Abbott probably "ain't from around here".  Let's assume geography is not his forte.  :-)

Still, I'm terribly disappointed with the news.

• Quasar likes this

#28 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

Anybody have any idea what the holdup is?  The exterior of the store appears to be 100% finished and the parking lot is paved.  Can it really take 5 more months to get the inside of the store ready to go?

#29 Bulldog0605

Bulldog0605

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Only thing I can think of is they missed the Spring sales and are waiting for the fall to open to be ready for the Winter Specials. I am like you guys as I pass it everyday, it looks about ready now.... What maybe they are waiting for the Krispy Cream that is being built to open first...lol

#30 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

Don't let this get around but I heard the real answer. 

Menard's only came to Jeffersonville to get Mayor Moore re elected.  They are waiting until closer to the election to insure success.

It is a grand master plan for his re election that is spurring all of the growth on Veteran's Parkway.  There are more announcements coming.

That is why all of the downtown development is happening.  It is also why there is a $30,000,000 development coming to 10th and Spring.

It is why the Big 4 Bridge and park are such a success.  Wait until you hear the mega announcement at River Ridge.  And the icing on the cake will be the new Riverfront !

It is all a devious plan to give Mayor Moore 4 More Years.  BWA HA HA HA HA

• GrumpyGranny, Quasar and grammy like this

#31 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

I knew it was the Mayors fault!!! Lol
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#32 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Don't let this get around but I heard the real answer.
Menard's only came to Jeffersonville to get Mayor Moore re elected. They are waiting until closer to the election to insure success.
It is a grand master plan for his re election that is spurring all of the growth on Veteran's Parkway. There are more announcements coming.
That is why all of the downtown development is happening. It is also why there is a $30,000,000 development coming to 10th and Spring.
It is why the Big 4 Bridge and park are such a success. Wait until you hear the mega announcement at River Ridge. And the icing on the cake will be the new Riverfront !
It is all a devious plan to give Mayor Moore 4 More Years. BWA HA HA HA HA

Edited by kelley, 23 April 2015 - 03:25 PM.

#33 JeffResident

JeffResident

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:21 PM

I'm surprised we haven't heard that already from the mayor-controlled TV stations and the mayor-controlled newspaper. 

• grammy likes this

#34 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Only thing I can think of is they missed the Spring sales and are waiting for the fall to open to be ready for the Winter Specials. I am like you guys as I pass it everyday, it looks about ready now.... What maybe they are waiting for the Krispy Cream that is being built to open first...lol

Would they really delay an opening just to coincide with a specific season?  If the store is profitable every month, I don't get waiting until a more profitable month to open.

#35 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

Would they really delay an opening just to coincide with a specific season?  If the store is profitable every month, I don't get waiting until a more profitable month to open.

No. I think it's probably a budget decision... moving expense into another quarter or fiscal year... 

#36 TMorrill

TMorrill

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:18 AM

I was searching the forum for "new" news on opening plans for Menards, but wasn't able to find anything. Are there any known updates to the timeline?

#37 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

Something is so weird with that...I've don't think I've ever seen a completed new build just sit empty for so long and/or overshoot their original opening date ( when it appears they were ready to open too)...Crazy.

• kelley, Quasar and Tina like this

#38 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

Maybe they are waiting for the new mayor to cut the ribbon........

#39 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:56 AM

Maybe they are waiting for the new mayor to cut the ribbon........

Somehow I knew you would find a way to make this the mayors fault.

(Seek professional help)

• GrumpyGranny, DadOf3, Bigfoot and 1 other like this

#40 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:57 AM

I was searching the forum for "new" news on opening plans for Menards, but wasn't able to find anything. Are there any known updates to the timeline?

Opening is still scheduled for Fall as far as I have heard. I guess that means sometime after September 21.

Edited by Dave, 05 August 2015 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users