#1 Debbie

Debbie

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Officials say Clarksville crime fostered in adult superstore

The cops are spending time in Theatair X again and surprise, surprise, they caught a couple of guys doing things to their man parts. Shocking, isn't it? 

Are all the town's criminal cases of aggression, theft and fraud solved? If so, then perhaps they can go hang out at the X and look for guys with their hands down their pants.

If not and they do have open cases with real victims, shouldn't they be working to find those aggressors?

When I see articles like this, it only reinforces my thought that most of the people who really care if someone masturbates inside Theater X are people who are being paid to care.

• kelley, Donna, ICU and 1 other like this

#2 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

All that aside, I wouldn't want to handcuff them!

Fifty shades of Blech!

Edited by Donna, 15 February 2015 - 03:38 PM.

• kelley, Kruger87, Debbie and 1 other like this

#3 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

I remember one of the undercover guys who went in there saying he threw his shoes in the dumpster when he left the place.

My biggest issue with the weirdos going in there and doing whatever they do, is the contact they may have with a spouse/girlfriend. They have to be exposing anyone around them to all sorts of nastiness.

#4 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

I say let them go there and do thier thing, it keeps them out of the parks...

• Debbie, Donna, ICU and 1 other like this

#5 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

All that aside, I wouldn't want to handcuff them!

The things you think about!   :shifty:

• kelley and Donna like this

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

I say let them go there and do thier thing, it keeps them out of the parks...

Not really, it don'........try'n eat /take lunch....rite over'na 2 parks rite off RiverRoad,look at'a river,watch the barges, whutever.....an' eat/take yer break in peace.... :whistle:

• Quasar likes this

#7 Maximus

Maximus

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

Your right that has been a hot spot for many years for these people, there have been several news stories over the years of that area..My point was if they didnt have the X it will be much worst, you can drive by that place day or night and the parking lot is full. Close it down and where do you think they will go for their activity..

#8 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

Your right that has been a hot spot for many years for these people, there have been several news stories over the years of that area..My point was if they didnt have the X it will be much worst, you can drive by that place day or night and the parking lot is full. Close it down and where do you think they will go for their activity..

The arrest records suggest it draws significant traffic from I-65... thinking that this place performs a public service for our community is simply wrong...  

• littletommy likes this

#9 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

The arrest records suggest it draws significant traffic from I-65... thinking that this place performs a public service for our community is simply wrong...  

I agree with Quasar.  There are plenty of similar places around Louisville and elsewhere for these people to go.  It doesn't need to be in the middle of our shopping district.  This place brings in pervs from all over  the country.  Just look at all the trucks in their lot.

• littletommy likes this

#10 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Years ago, some of the town officials got excited thinking the Veterans pkwy project would run the X out of town, what with all that traffic passing by and being able to see the cars parked in the back lot, but yeah, the pervs who go there are mainly from elsewhere, so they don't care if their vehicle is out in the open. I drive by there in the mornings on my way to work, and the cars in front. at 0600, mind you, are usually 75% Kentucky tags.

We used to have an old perv at work who would go there regularly, and tell all sorts of vile stories about it, I told him to never touch anything that belonged to me and keep his distance. When he complained to management, I told them exactly why I had said what I said, and never heard another word about it.

#11 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

They've been located at this site since, at least, the '60's.  I'm not a fan of trying to shut down a business because you don't like the product or placement of the building.  Don't like it, don't shop there.

• GrumpyGranny, Sleepy and Woodslover like this

#12 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

Somewhere... somehow... this place is being protected FROM the law...

As long as that is the case... their daily illegal activity will be overlooked... so relax, that place will outlive the cockroach...

• Oldgoat and littletommy like this

#13 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

They've been located at this site since, at least, the '60's.  I'm not a fan of trying to shut down a business because you don't like the product or placement of the building.  Don't like it, don't shop there.

Oh I agree, that's a can-o-worms that really doesn't need to gain traction. As I said before, my biggest issue with it is the nastiness they take and spread around in public, and having known someone who frequented the place, it really changed my thoughts on the dangers floating around. I went through gallons of hand sanitizer when that weirdo worked there. :laugh:

Edit: Meant to quote Donnas post.

Edited by Quasar, 16 February 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#14 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

Donna, did you use that same logic with the pill mill near your home?

Bottom line, the X  does nothing good for our community. The customers of the X are not the quality of people we need in our community.

We don't need public masturbation clinics.

• Oldgoat likes this

#15 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

Mike, what does illegally prescribed pills have to do with adult toys?  One was an illegitimate operation, the other is a legal business.  I'm sure we could both come up with other businesses whose customers "are not the quality of people we need in our community." 

• Woodslover likes this

#16 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Donna, I think both are illegitimate operations to an extent. The pill mill probably had some customers that needed the pills for themselves and didn't resale them, and the X probably has some customers that want to buy movies and toys. But it is what both become, or what the patrons of both turn the business into that is bad for the community.

Southern Indiana would be better off without either business.

• Oldgoat likes this

#17 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Mike, the pill mill operated outside of the law and the AMA's Best Practices.  Those operators now sit in jail.  If, and when, the operators of Theater X have a hand (sorry for the pun!) in organizing the perv activity, then the business operates outside the law.  Until then, it is a legal business.  Not as upscale as, say Cirilla, but legal none-the-less. 

Not my cup o' tea, but it's wrong to shut down a legitimate business that has operated for at least 60 years because you don't care for the product. 

Don't like the business, don't shop at the business.

• Woodslover likes this

#18 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

They (the owners/operators) know exactly what goes on there. I understand the legitimate business aspect of it, but at what point does it become a criminal operation?

Criminal meaning: illegal activity occurring with the owners knowledge, and, in fact, encouraged by the owners.

• Quasar likes this

#19 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

the operators of Theater X have a hand (sorry for the pun!) in organizing the perv activity, then the business operates outside the law.  Until then, it is a legal business.  

They approve of and encourage the behavior... they could stop it in an instant if they wished... but they don't because it would hurt their bottom line... I would agree with you if they were in fact a business that operates within the law... 

#20 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

Not my cup o' tea, but it's wrong to shut down a legitimate business that has operated for at least 60 years because you don't care for the product. 

I don't want to have them shut down... however I do expect law enforcement to make them follow the same laws that everyone else does... 

For some reason... they get a pass... I wonder why...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users