28 replies to this topic

#21 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

NotBanned, I notice you "complaining from the comfort and anonymity" from "home, on a message board." 

It seems to be a critique of CCC posters.  Are you employing a double standard? 

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, granny and 3 others like this

#22 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

NotBanned, I notice you "complaining from the comfort and anonymity" from "home, on a message board." 

It seems to be a critique of CCC posters.  Are you employing a double standard? 

Absolutely not.  The only complaint I have is people talking about things they don't like, yet doing nothing about it.  It's not like I'm bashing mayors, treasurers, city council, or anyone who actually ran for office and making choices -- right or wrong.

http://cityofcharles...tact-city-hall/

There is the link to contact city hall with any complaints you may have.

Edited by NotBanned, 12 February 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#23 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

Well, NotBanned, as you seem to have a problem/complaint with "people talking about things they don't like" I'm surprised you still read/post CCC.   We talk about things we like or dislike, political or social.  Anyone can respond to the posts.  I'm not sure what you were expecting to happen on this site.

• GrumpyGranny and moose like this

#24 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

As I read the hideous crap on here,it makes me wonder which one of Mr Halls puppets wrote that trash to Donna.May I remind this so called,'' to scared to tell who you are'' most who write such childish junk have they themselves have so called skeletons in their closet.When running for an office,leave the families out of it.It just goes to show how one would stoop to be so low as to write garbage as you,yes you whoever wrote that to Donna.Tells me you either work in the office,employed by Mr Hall .There will be suprises come this Primary and Election.All I can say I am not a party changer,never will be ,I am a proud Democrat and will remain one no matter what happens!!!!!! So Anonymous ,keep your trash to yourself and stop trying to make brownie points,because sooner or later,you will be found out,people like you not knowling make a ''slip of the tongue'' and guess what,your caught

Edited by Cheryl L Ross, 14 February 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#25 donnaennis

donnaennis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Some people have asked what happened and I wasn’t there, so any perspective I would have on the matter would be biased as to what my husband has told me.  I wanted to be able to tell people what happened from the other individual’s perspective.  I was able to find the person on Facebook and get his side of the story.  Since he was 17 and a minor at the time, I am not going to use his name as he is now married and has a family of his own.  These are his words as to what happened:

“He put a cuff on my left wrist and tried to turn me around to cuff me and I stiffened up and didn’t let him he did not choke me but he did grab me by the neck and pushed me up against a fence I pushed off the fence with my feet and he fell backwards landing on my arm with the cuff on so I could not get off of him and it looked like I was trying to hurt him but I was stuck on top of him. I guess by this time he was defending himself but if they would have listened to me instead of her they would have known she wanted to buy dope with my money…You tell Jim there is no hard feelings.  And I don’t mind if u use this chat.”

So there it is, in the guy’s in own words for anyone who wanted to know.  I refuse to let this incident define my family or my husband.  I am proud of my husband’s service to our country and to this community.  As for me, anyone that knows me, knows that I have attended Charlestown City Council meetings since 1995 and that I truly care for the City of Charlestown and its future. 

Edited by donnaennis, 16 February 2015 - 11:44 AM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, granny and 2 others like this

#26 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

I appreciate you taking the time to get this perspective. It also nips in the bud anyone jumping to conclusions and assuming this was who sent the letter. Doesn't sound like that guy is harboring the resentment that would fuel such a threat.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#27 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

I think the Charlestown election should be pretty interesting this year. 

#28 James Richardson

James Richardson

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

If the person whom was involved in the incident is not even particularly preturbed by what happend, I hardly see where this foolish finkrat thinks they will accomplish with this threat.

#29 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

I think it would be a pretty good bet that the finkrat works at City Hall.

• Old Pawpaw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users