28 replies to this topic

#1 donnaennis

donnaennis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

I received your anonymous letter in the mail tonight when I arrived home. If you want to get into my dirty laundry I have two baskets in the hallway that could use your attention  :shifty: Just know this I don’t take kindly to blackmail or bullies.

Attached Files

Edited by donnaennis, 06 February 2015 - 11:19 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, granny and 6 others like this

#2 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

Now I'm concerned. Are there videos of me out for dinner with my kids and grandkids? Actually I hope there are. I'd love to have them! We have a blast!
  • GrumpyGranny, donnaennis, moose and 1 other like this

#3 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:50 PM

Takes a special kind of coward to do something like this...
  • GrumpyGranny, kelley, donnaennis and 6 others like this

#4 Jerry

Jerry

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

I received your anonymous letter in the mail tonight when I arrived home. If you want to get into my dirty laundry I have two baskets in the hallway that could use your attention  :shifty: Just know this I don’t take kindly to blackmail or bullies.

Must be from Bob Hall, only he knows how to put a choke hold on all the employees of the city and the residents of Pleasant Ridge.
  • donnaennis, Cheryl L Ross, Bigfoot and 1 other like this

#5 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

Never fear a coward.

My advice put letter in bag do not touch.

Take directly to the Prosecutors Office on Monday.

Call the FBI get them involved.

Call all news channels and get this out there.

This is scary and wrong.

Edited by Sleepy, 07 February 2015 - 09:43 AM.

• donnaennis, Cheryl L Ross and Old Pawpaw like this

#6 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:06 AM

I received your anonymous letter in the mail tonight when I arrived home. If you want to get into my dirty laundry I have two baskets in the hallway that could use your attention :shifty: Just know this I don’t take kindly to blackmail or bullies.

Go, Donna.

Edited by kelley, 07 February 2015 - 10:06 AM.

• GrumpyGranny, donnaennis and Donna like this

#7 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

Donna,the people of Charlestown made a mistake when they voted Bob Hall in as Mayor,instead of you.You have always responded to the personal attacks generated by Bob Hall supporters,in a manner that gives the people of Charlestown an insight into the great person you are.

The simple fact that you and others both Democrat and Republican,who understand Bob Hall's methods,don't retaliate and sink to his level,by personalizing politics,speaks volumes!

Out of curiosity,I wonder,which of Bob Hall's former Police Officers would have been ignorant enough to send you that letter.

Good Luck,in the upcoming election,I'm sure you will serve your Council District and the City of Charlestown in a manner we can all be proud of.

• donnaennis, CityBoy, Cheryl L Ross and 1 other like this

#8 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

This can be a teaching moment for the people of Charlestown. We'll probably never know who wrote the letter, and will never be able to prove that Bob Hall is behind it. But we can learn a lot about the ethical standards of Hall and his slate of candidates. If they have an ounce of decency, they will publicly condemn this despicable act.  Failure to do so will be a clear indication of low they will go, and how ugly their campaigns will be.

• GrumpyGranny, donnaennis, moose and 2 others like this

#9 moose

moose

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

I just was having a discussion yesterday about how I thought this was going to be the nastiest campaign in the history of Charlestown and not even 24 hours later I see this on Chatter.  Donna I think your response to this trash was perfect.  They are afraid of you because they know that you will stand up to them with the truth and they are very scared of the truth.  Bob Hall governs with fear, and so far it has worked for him but I think times have changes in Charlestown.  I sure wish you were running for Mayor, because if you were I know you would win this time.  

• donnaennis and Cheryl L Ross like this

#10 john shelton

john shelton

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

this letter is almost laughable that it implies donna husband jim and the case cited

if i recall correctly city hall was packed at jim^s hearing with the majority of the crowd supporting jim and against the discipline  actions of the mayor

jim was a well respected police officer in town for over 2 decades

i predict these tactics will backfire on those behind it

stay strong donna 

• donnaennis, Ruth Ann Rawlings and Cheryl L Ross like this

#11 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

I have a problem with the grammar in that letter more so than the content.  Geesh!  To find out the author, just compare low IQ against every former city employee that worked closely with the police department.

#12 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

NotBanned,on what planet is grammer more important than content? Talking about Geesh!

Did you think that a letter that addresses a candidate's family is appropriate?

The author of this letter is a despicable,low life,coward, who may use poor grammer,deliberately ,to throw off anyone who may try to find him or her.

A scumbag is a scumbag,his or her I.Q. has no relevance!

#13 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Calm down.  The letter wasn't a death threat.  I don't find this any more inappropriate or cowardly than most of the posts made here about Bob Hall.  Instead of writing complaints and sending them to Mr. Hall via a *signed* letter or face to face, the people here hide behind the anonymity of a message board.  To me, no different than the letter Mrs. Ennis received.  It's not like the writer compared her husband to Hitler or anything.

Did Mr. Ennis choke the guy?  Does the sender really have a video to prove it?  If so, what's the big deal with him unveiling the information?  It's the public's right to know, is it not?  If he doesn't, then he's making empty threats, also comparable to what I see on this board.

P.S. - Are you typing "grammer" instead of grammar to throw us off?

#14 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

NotBanned,Bob hall is an elected official and is subject to redicule as all elected officials are. Do you read some of the things they say about our President?

I don't recall anyone talking about any of Bob Hall's family,nor would I endorse any piece of crap that would.

The public has the right to know about the politician, and not his or her family.

Notbanned,it sure seems that you use anonymity as well. Any comparison of Bob Hall to a Dictator,to many,is appropriate.(I won,t argue with "your" choice of Dictator)

P.S.-as far as you correcting my spelling,I am an old man, and I could not care less!

#15 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Wasn't correcting your spelling.  I was asking a question related to your statement.

I would be glad to tell you who I was, although I believe it is against board policy.

The family the letter was referring to seems to indicate an individual that was also a public figure, albeit not an elected one.  Just so happened that he is related to a former mayoral candidate.  While the delivery was cowardly, the content is inline with what is stated here on a daily basis.

#16 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

While the delivery was cowardly, the content is inline with what is stated here on a daily basis.

If I'm not mistaken, illegal as well.  Blackmail via USPS?

#17 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Wasn't correcting your spelling.  I was asking a question related to your statement.

I would be glad to tell you who I was, although I believe it is against board policy.

The family the letter was referring to seems to indicate an individual that was also a public figure, albeit not an elected one.  Just so happened that he is related to a former mayoral candidate.  While the delivery was cowardly, the content is inline with what is stated here on a daily basis.

Typical Bob Hall supporter.  He has clouded their minds so they are unable to think clearly.  NotBanned so in your world, you define a person by the actions of their loved ones?  I guess its a good thing that Blackmail is illegal under federal law.  Federal blackmail charges can be brought up in cases where the alleged perpetrator seeks to wield undue influence over political outcomes or operations as a result of possessing or withholding information on a politician.

• moose, CityBoy and Old Pawpaw like this

#18 Woodslover

Woodslover

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

That letter seems to be full of Irony!

Best of luck to you, such a shame to see grown people resort the hateful letters and not have the nerve to say it face to face or even sign it!

• donnaennis likes this

#19 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

Typical Bob Hall supporter.  He has clouded their minds so they are unable to think clearly.  NotBanned so in your world, you define a person by the actions of their loved ones?  I guess its a good thing that Blackmail is illegal under federal law.  Federal blackmail charges can be brought up in cases where the alleged perpetrator seeks to wield undue influence over political outcomes or operations as a result of possessing or withholding information on a politician.

When I had seen you labeled me as a Bob Hall supporter, I had to exclaim your screen name.  "What the what?"  I do not support any politician.  I think extremely clearly and stand behind my statements.  What in my statement insinuated that I define a person by the actions of their loved ones?  I simply said if he did it, and this guy has the evidence then he can release it if he so desires.  This doesn't in any way judge the elect-ability or integrity of Mrs. Ennis herself.

Never once mentioned anything about the legality of the letter either.  If Mrs. Ennis was going to run, I doubt this "threat" would stop her one bit, even if she knew the "threat" was valid in it's "threat" to be released.

While the hate thrown at Bob Hall on this forum doesn't include family attacks (none that I could find anyway), the speech is definitely in the same form and mindset as the letter this lady was sent -- anonymous, cruel and everyone in office is "Hall's evil minion".

At least Mrs. Ennis had the courage to run for mayor when she didn't like Hall's politics instead of complaining from the comfort and anonymity of her home, on a message board far from Bob Hall and his associate's ears.  That's more than I can say for any of you.

#20 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

Several people here are using their real names, and there are several other that use a screen name but have made no secret of who they are. Those employing anonymity may have sound reasons for doing so in this public forum. That is not the same as sending an ugly threat intended to stifle political participation via personal communication anonymously.
  • GrumpyGranny, granny, moose and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users