56 replies to this topic

#1 reddevilpride

reddevilpride

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

From what I have seen on a social media site, I think the "Good Ole Boy" politics really hasn't changed at all. Our new sheriff promised to get rid of the "good ole boy" system. I have seen a picture of Charlestown Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer and Sheriff Noel and Commissioner Glover. Apparently, Noel, as the County Chairman, has approved Ms. Coomer to jump ship to the Republican party. Really, nothing has changed. The good ole boys are still here, now they just have a different letter behind their name. I guess that is one large political favor allowing Ms. Coomer to sign up as a Republican. Now she can help support Republican Mayor Hall and the Republican agenda. Does this mean that Mayor Hall now owes the sheriff a political favor? I supported our new sheriff, but this just seems like more of the same ole politics.

• Mr. Gray, CityBoy and clarkcoconstituent like this

#2 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

Huh!  Why is a good person wising up and leaving a dying party "Good Ol' boy politics?

• hillbilly highway and littletommy like this

#3 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

It seems you always see Dems moving to the GOP not the other way around.  Dems in Clark County are in real trouble and folks who were Republicans ran as Democrats because they thought that was the only way to win. Wrong!  There are Democrats now running as Republicans because that is the only way they can win . The times, they are a changing.  Am really enjoying watching Democrats lose in Clark County. Ms Coomer for example appears to have seen the light.  Admits the Democrats have not been supportive.  Can't blame her.  Welcome

• Oldgoat, hillbilly highway and littletommy like this

#4 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

From what I have seen on a social media site, I think the "Good Ole Boy" politics really hasn't changed at all. Our new sheriff promised to get rid of the "good ole boy" system. I have seen a picture of Charlestown Clerk Treasurer Donna Coomer and Sheriff Noel and Commissioner Glover. Apparently, Noel, as the County Chairman, has approved Ms. Coomer to jump ship to the Republican party. Really, nothing has changed. The good ole boys are still here, now they just have a different letter behind their name. I guess that is one large political favor allowing Ms. Coomer to sign up as a Republican. Now she can help support Republican Mayor Hall and the Republican agenda. Does this mean that Mayor Hall now owes the sheriff a political favor? I supported our new sheriff, but this just seems like more of the same ole politics.

Yeah, no kidding! This kinda treachery NEVER happened when the dems were running the show!

:laugh:

• Oldgoat likes this

#5 Bulldog0605

Bulldog0605

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

Can't say I agree with this, have you not seen all the good old rats running from the jail screaming for their life. Jamie is getting it done.

• Oldgoat and hillbilly highway like this

#6 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

Can't say I agree with this, have you not seen all the good old rats running from the jail screaming for their life. Jamie is getting it done.

Agreed!!!

#7 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

I can sum it up for you.  BUSINESS AS USUAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This includes buddies and supporters getting jobs,cars,and benefits even if they have to be created.

Edited by Mr. Gray, 09 February 2015 - 05:41 PM.

• clarkcoconstituent likes this

#8 Ray

Ray

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

As far as the buddies, supporters, etc., getting jobs and benefits, good for them.  If they are law abiding and work for their salary where is the problem! What a huge, vast improvement over the last administration.  Not sure we may not see some additional legal causalities from the old administration.  Not all of the criminals were inmates! 

• grammy likes this

#9 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

As far as the buddies, supporters, etc., getting jobs and benefits, good for them.  If they are law abiding and work for their salary where is the problem! What a huge, vast improvement over the last administration.  Not sure we may not see some additional legal causalities from the old administration.  Not all of the criminals were inmates! 

Not saying the new Sheriff it's not an improvement because he is.  I was only saying that whenever a new politician takes over the first duty is to start paying back the favors from the election.  In this case and others jobs are created, non supporters are punished, and the list goes on.  This is what is wrong with our political system.  Doesn't matter who is in charge, it's all the same in the end.  The taxpayers wind up footing big bills and getting lame excuses for the actions of elected officials who all eventually abuse the system.  Some just don't do it as bad as others.

People have been left in positions of power and responsibility that have no business there. And others who are much better wind up punished just because they didn't support the candidate and work under those under-qualified supporters.  Right or wrong you decide..............

• Seasidechick likes this

#10 encore

encore

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

I have been reading all of the posts concerning everyones opinions on how the offices should and are being run in the county before and since this last election. I pose several comments about things that have gone on since the new sheriff has taken office and the people in the know can let everyone if indeed ''Good ole politics '' are thriving in Clark county. Before the newly elected sheriff took office two senior officers had a attempt to have their rank lowered than allowed by state law. This process was brought on by The Merit Board. This was stopped by the officers seaking legal council and since then have been reassigned to road patrol officers and working split shift weekends. Some say their old rank had been promised to supporters of the current sheriffs administration. The merit board members that pushed for this action, who do they have major ties too? Another sr officer who didn't support the new sheriff was assigned to 3rd shift after years on day shift. A detective was offered the same 12 hour night shift or take retirement which I believe he chose to retire. I keep hearing how high the moral is in the new dept I think that may depend on which side of a political party you are sitting on.
The current sheriff ran on a platform of fiscal oversight. More rumors is that the first order of business was to order two $50k Suvs and 3-4 more or supposedly on order. With what we read in the paper on how tight the budget is in the county where is this money coming from and is it the best choice of our taxpayers dollars? How many family members of the new sheriff and his political allies have been hired since he took office? Lastly the new sheriff promised to relieve himself from several other positions once he took office to focus solely on sheriffs office, has that happened yet as well? I make no claim that all of these items are true or not but I ask the people that always seem to know to come forward and address these issues and we can all make up our minds if the ''Good Ole Boy'' style of politics is more present than ever.

#11 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

I have been reading all of the posts concerning everyones opinions on how the offices should and are being run in the county before and since this last election. I pose several comments about things that have gone on since the new sheriff has taken office and the people in the know can let everyone if indeed ''Good ole politics '' are thriving in Clark county. Before the newly elected sheriff took office two senior officers had a attempt to have their rank lowered than allowed by state law. This process was brought on by The Merit Board. This was stopped by the officers seaking legal council and since then have been reassigned to road patrol officers and working split shift weekends. Some say their old rank had been promised to supporters of the current sheriffs administration. The merit board members that pushed for this action, who do they have major ties too? Another sr officer who didn't support the new sheriff was assigned to 3rd shift after years on day shift. A detective was offered the same 12 hour night shift or take retirement which I believe he chose to retire. I keep hearing how high the moral is in the new dept I think that may depend on which side of a political party you are sitting on.
The current sheriff ran on a platform of fiscal oversight. More rumors is that the first order of business was to order two $50k Suvs and 3-4 more or supposedly on order. With what we read in the paper on how tight the budget is in the county where is this money coming from and is it the best choice of our taxpayers dollars? How many family members of the new sheriff and his political allies have been hired since he took office? Lastly the new sheriff promised to relieve himself from several other positions once he took office to focus solely on sheriffs office, has that happened yet as well? I make no claim that all of these items are true or not but I ask the people that always seem to know to come forward and address these issues and we can all make up our minds if the ''Good Ole Boy'' style of politics is more present than ever.

It is easy to stand on the outside and judge.  Have you ever considered that the officers, that were moved, were in their position as a favor?

Have you ever heard of re-evaluating positions?  I read in the paper this morning about the new vehicles.  $199,000 for six new police vehicles.

That would included the necessary equipment for a pursuit vehicle.  I don't know about your math but that doesn't add up to $50K each.  Reading recent

articles it seems that the new sheriff is making a lot of changes and shaking things up.  He seems to be making a big difference very fast.

It is shame that the good old boy ways of the past are being dismantled.  Sorry, evidently you are part of the past regime.

• Oldgoat likes this

#12 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

The detective in question wasn't "offered", it was going to happen along with one other detective moved to road patrol at night. Both being punished for not being on right side of the political fence.  The vehicles you are referring to were Chevy Tahoes and at least two were bought and delivered before the end of the year when the new administration took over.  You probably can't confirm the detective reassignment and their political motives but the Tahoe purchase can be verified by county purchase records if you are interested in following up on it.

Politics is a dirty game folks.  And as I stated earlier, our new Sheriff if a big improvement over the last felon who was in office but he is still a politician and this is how the game works.

Take care...................

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#13 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

The detective in question wasn't "offered", it was going to happen along with one other detective moved to road patrol at night. Both being punished for not being on right side of the political fence.  The vehicles you are referring to were Chevy Tahoes and at least two were bought and delivered before the end of the year when the new administration took over.  You probably can't confirm the detective reassignment and their political motives but the Tahoe purchase can be verified by county purchase records if you are interested in following up on it.

Politics is a dirty game folks.  And as I stated earlier, our new Sheriff if a big improvement over the last felon who was in office but he is still a politician and this is how the game works.

Take care...................

If you are that interested in a police vehicle purchase, make an " Open Records Request".

I see that the city of Jeffersonville has purchased a lot of new vehicles.  Ask for an " Open Records Request "  compare vehicles and pricing.

Considering the size of Clark County and the type of roads, I would think the county would need a more durable vehicle.

I would rather see more officers on the road rather them having cushy desk jobs.

If their pay stayed the same, where is the problem?

• grammy likes this

#14 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

Out of all the agencies in the county, seems like the CCSD had the oldest fleet of vehicles of anybody.....

#15 totty

totty

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

now they want to cry about it they forget the past administration sticking experienced cops on third shift just because he wasn't there party they forget that the Sheriff would buy any kind of car they wanted in the past instead of something off the state bid

#16 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

A little off topic but does anyone know of Sheriff Noel has resigned his post at Clark GOP chair or his Job as Fire Chief? Was just wondering if so who is taking over GOP chair?

#17 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

To the victor go the spoils.  

#18 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

Soooo I'm assuming no nothing has changed no new GOP chair?
So then I will ask Sheriff Noel
Sheriff Noel have you fulfilled your campaign promises and vacated your positions of GOP chair and Fire Chief??

#19 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

Soooo I'm assuming no nothing has changed no new GOP chair?
So then I will ask Sheriff Noel
Sheriff Noel have you fulfilled your campaign promises and vacated your positions of GOP chair and Fire Chief??

I have seen several articles and news broadcast talking about the events in our jail.  They pertain to the improvements and the surprise investigations.

I could care less if he retains the other positions as long as it doesn't affect his performance.

It I refreshing to see the shake up and changes.

• grammy likes this

#20 totty

totty

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

I agree Bopper....I don't care what he does with his part time jobs as long as he is doing his full time job.....give'em hell Sheriff!
  • grammy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users