6 replies to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Ms. Ballew is my favorite letter writer these days. She hit it out of the park again with this one.

"Mr. Tom DeArk, I enjoyed your recent, timely letter to the editor in this newspaper urging qualified people to run for our town council. I immediately wondered if you are going to run, and I urge you do so."

http://m.newsandtrib...c.html?mode=jqm
  • GrumpyGranny, Not Super But Honest Mike, Tina and 2 others like this

#2 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

Was the second letter from our own Krueger?

#3 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:39 PM

No. That Krueger used to be here too though.

Edited by kelley, 05 February 2015 - 08:39 PM.

• Donna likes this

#4 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

Go Tom Go!
  • chewing the fat and Donna like this

#5 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

...I can’t think of anyone more qualified to serve our interests.

Will you show us the traits of someone who truly cares and walk the walk for us by running for our town council? I certainly hope so.

Mr. Deark you have invested a considerable amount of time over the last few years achieving knowledge and acquiring expertise like no one else in the community.  When one considers the best-laid plans are of no use if they just sit on the shelf I join the chorus of people pleading with you to serve as a Clarksville councilman.  With the deepest respect, I ask you if it would not be a disservice to our community if you do not put it to use?  Thank you.

• Tina and chewing the fat like this

#6 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

I'm flattered and honored by your faith in my abilities. In addition to being 'called out' by Ms. Ballew in the newspaper, I've also been contacted through Chatter, email, phone calls, in person, and even snail mail...all with the same suggestion that I should run for town council. I'm humbled.

Ever since my efforts began about eight years ago, the focus has not been about me...it has always been, and I hope continues to be, about making Clarksville better. The fact that I have chosen not to run for office does not mean that I'll stop working to make Clarksville better. Quite the contrary, I don't intend to go away anytime soon.

There are some extremely qualified and committed candidates who have entered the race for town council, clerk/treasurer, and town judge this election. They have fresh faces and fresh ideas. Perhaps it's best for old geezers like me to stay out of their way.

Edited by TomD, 07 February 2015 - 08:45 PM.

• Quasar, Mr. Gray, Tina and 1 other like this

#7 Dee Shelton Jr

Dee Shelton Jr

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

Mr. Deark, thank you for your service. Thank you for being a guiding light for us citizens. Thank you for your service!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users