• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

Yesterday, I went to the town hall meeting hosted by our state senator Ron Grooms.  Five of our town councilmen were there.  A person in attendance greeted all five councilmen, and shook hands with four of them. 

But why did he not shake hands with all five councilmen, you may ask?

Because the fifth councilman shook his head 'no' and refused to shake the attendee's hand, that's why.  I mentioned the incident to another person in attendance, and he said that he had witnessed the incident.  He called it one of the most blatant displays of arrogance he had seen in a long time.

Ya know, I get it.  The councilman apparently dislikes the attendee.  It seemed to be an intentional snub, meant to insult the attendee. 

Is this kind of arrogance and disrespect the type of behavior you want from one of your elected officials?  

Is it acceptable for one of your elected officials to show such uncivil and rude behavior to a constituent in a public gathering? 

#2 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

IF This person is a public official can you not state his name?

Seems like he was doing business as a council person?

Secrets have no Friends.

#3 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

IF This person is a public official can you not state his name?

Seems like he was doing business as a council person?

Secrets have no Friends.

Are you asking the name of the elected official, or someone else?

• kelley likes this

#4 Bulldog0605

Bulldog0605

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

Yes I believe that he is asking you to ID, the person who refused to shake hands. If this was a public meeting, then please tell us who it was.

#5 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

Yes I believe that he is asking you to ID, the person who refused to shake hands. If this was a public meeting, then please tell us who it was.

I thought someone would have guessed by now...it was bob popp. 

#6 Bulldog0605

Bulldog0605

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Are you asking the name of the elected official, or someone else?

A Educated guess is never as good as facts. Plus I just moved to the Jeff area and I am learning all the names.

#7 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

Did popp behave himself tonight?

#8 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

Did popp behave himself tonight?

Depends on what you mean by 'behave'.   :tongue: 

When it came time for council comments, I heard he said 'no comment'.  Perhaps h e l l has frozen over...something is wrong when popp passes on an opportunity to pontificate and bloviate (yeah, I used those two words on purpose so's you'd have to look them up if don't already know what they mean). 

Or perhaps the 'Don' of the 'Clarksville Nostra Family' told him to STFU.  He seems to have tasted a lot of shoe leather lately, so maybe the Godfather told him to keep his foot out of his mouth.  Silence is probably the only way to do that.

Or perhaps it was because the meeting was video and audio recorded.  On the recording of a previous meeting, he is apparently shown telling a falsehood (I won't make you look that one up...it means lie).  I don't think he wants to get caught again.

So if silence is behaving, then he apparently behaved.

• chewing the fat and Donna like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users