108 replies to this topic

#101 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:27 PM

Pesty -- I believe the issue had been laid to rest until Mike's (NSBHM) post #85 and TomD's #86.   I think Rick's answer that Tina withdrew did not really answer Mike's question, did it?

#102 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

Tina withdrew when it was apparent that her candidacy was not appreciated, even within her own party.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't, unless you vote for all three candidates when you only have two appointments.  Who can dam you then?

Edited by Donna, 15 February 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#103 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

Diddley-dang????  No. I don't think so!

• kelley likes this

#104 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:40 PM

Wasn't trying to stir up anything with my question. I asked a friend Saturday morning about ther appointment and was told it had been made but it wasn't Tina.  I asked my friend if the person had level 2 or level 3 certification and was told no.  So  I asked Rick to find out what happened.

I will say I'm disappointed in all three commissioners, not because they didn't vote for a member of their own party, but because they didn't vote for the MOST qualified person seeking the position. What a shame!

• IntegrityMatters, kelley, snowman and 1 other like this

#105 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

Yes, Rick, Tina withdrew her name just prior to the vote ---- but I believe the person who was approved was NOT under consideration when you first voted, right?

She was added later in order to give you a person of another party to vote for so that you wouldn't be obligated to vote for Tina.   Be truthful Rick -- did you really intend to place Tina on the Board?  I doubt it -- even though she was by far the most qualified of any of those appointed.   Politics as usual.   Definitely not what was in the best interest of the taxpayers.    Tina will now be a tax representative for any concerned citizen who needs help fighting their property assessment.   She will do an excellent job.   The PTABOA board as it is now is nothing more than a rubber stamp for the assessor --- totally worthless. 

Unless I am mistaken, the person that was chosen was Kim Mathews.  It is a man not a woman. 

Don't know anything about him.

#106 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

Yes you are correct -- I have since learned that "Kim" is a man, not a woman.  I apologize for the mistake.   I still would like to know the answers to the questions in my post #99.   Was Mr. Matthews under consideration when the commissioners first voted?   Was he added later and by whom?  Is he qualified and if so how?

Rick?

I agree with NSBHM -- the commissioners should be ashamed.  They had a highly qualified candidate -- in fact the only truly qualified candidate -- and they chose not to put her on the board when they had the chance.  

• Donna likes this

#107 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:03 PM

deleted 

Edited by Pesty Version 2, 17 February 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#108 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

What is up with these "deleted" posts?

#109 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

The Clark County Commissioners had TWO appointments to make.  Very disappointed that Rick voted for all THREE appointments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users