#62 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

Indiana: Pro-Gun Bill Signed Into Law by Governor

On Wednesday, Senate Bill 433 was signed into law by Governor Mike Pence. SB 433 will repeal the section of the Indiana statute that prohibits the possession, sale, receipt, or use of short-barreled rifles and shotguns. These firearms are legal under federal law and regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934. SB 433 will simply bring Indiana in line with federal law.

SB 433 passed Indiana House of Representatives by an 85 to 14 vote on March 24, after passing in the Indiana Senate on February 3, by a 44 to 6 vote.

Thank you to all of our members and Second Amendment supporters who contacted their legislators in support of SB 433.

#63 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:46 PM

Oh no! Blood in the streets! Won't someone think of the children?

#64 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

God didn't give you the right to own guns. The Second Amendment does. And the Supreme Court decided that some weapons are reasonably restricted.

You're wrong. The Constitution enumerates rights. It doesn't give them. Also, just because you put on a black robe does not make you correct.

#65 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:14 PM

"Armatissimi e liberissimi"

• Tina and Russell Brooksbank like this

#66 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Does God grant me the right to tote a sawed off shotgun?  God sure is surprising sometimes.

• GrumpyGranny, Donna and grammy like this

#67 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

"Deus tribuo mihi vox ut tote a sawed off offa."
"Is does tribuo vos vox ut sarcina estus ,
comprehendo a sawed off offa."

"Illa das mihi quoque ut tote a shotgun sawed off!"

Edited by Savile Row, 03 May 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#68 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:41 AM

"Armatissimi e liberissimi"

So that others don't have to go on a translation search:  "Most armed, most free"  :thumbsup: 

• Russell Brooksbank likes this

#69 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

Does God grant me the right to tote a sawed off shotgun?  God sure is surprising sometimes.

God grants you the right to defend your life, liberty and justly acquired property with whatever tool is available to you, including prayer  :wink:

• Oldgoat and woo like this

#70 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:04 AM

Does God grant me the right to tote a sawed off shotgun?

If only he had done that for his only begotten son!

#71 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

He did. His Son just chose not to exercise that right in order that you and I might be saved.

Matthew 26:53The Message (MSG)

52-54 Jesus said, “Put your sword back where it belongs. All who use swords are destroyed by swords. Don’t you realize that I am able right now to call to my Father, and twelve companies—more, if I want them—of fighting angels would be here, battle-ready? But if I did that, how would the Scriptures come true that say this is the way it has to be?”
  • jiyabird likes this

#72 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

Does God grant me the right to tote a sawed off shotgun?

He did. His Son just chose not to exercise that right in order that you and I might be saved.

Matthew 26:53The Message (MSG)

52-54 Jesus said, “Put your sword back where it belongs. All who use swords are destroyed by swords. Don’t you realize that I am able right now to call to my Father, and twelve companies—more, if I want them—of fighting angels would be here, battle-ready? But if I did that, how would the Scriptures come true that say this is the way it has to be?”

Attached File  Rodney.jpeg   98.9KB   0 downloads

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 11 May 2015 - 02:05 PM.

• Quasar and jiyabird like this

#73 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

It's all about perspective!  The 2nd Amendment is about defending one's self, family, community and country.  The framers were very clear in their writings that this included defense against an oppressive government.  In that school of thought many of us feel that we should have weapons equal to the government.  Others trust the government more than they trust themselves and their neighbors and suffer the illusion that the government will somehow protect them from not only outside harm but from that very same government's illicit interests!

#74 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

I understand Oldgoat's position.  But, I disagree with the black and white conclusion.  Some of us believe firmly in the right to own guns and other weapons for sport and self-defence but believe in drawing the line at some points.  I don't believe we should own shoulder fired missiles, grenades, mines or other weapons that the government has.  You shouldn't be able to carry a gun on an airliner.  Sometimes the probability of something going wrong and killing lots of innocents outweighs the odds that the government will attack us all and take away our legally owned guns. 

Yeah, I don't want some misfire on a plane to kill hundreds of people, so I'm OK with banning that.  And if some nutbag, like in New Town, has access to RPGs, I think we're better off without having them in our homes.

#75 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:15 AM

I would prefer the airlines ban them as opposed to the government doing so. Then we could choose which airline to fly with according to our own comfort level.
  • Debbie likes this

#76 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

I would prefer the airlines ban them as opposed to the government doing so. Then we could choose which airline to fly with according to our own comfort level.

So for every flight there is now there would be two flights, one with guns and one without? Would that be economically feasible for the airlines?

#77 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

So for every flight there is now there would be two flights, one with guns and one without? Would that be economically feasible for the airlines?

How did you arrive at that, based on what he posted?

#78 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:13 AM

How did you arrive at that, based on what he posted?

Those were questions. Not conclusions.

#79 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

It would be more likely some airlines would allow them, some wouldn't.

Edited by kelley, 12 May 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#80 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

It would be more likely some airlines would allow them, some wouldn't.

I understand that. But not every airline goes to every destination. So it seems to me like, at some point, the customer would have to choose between flying in a situation they aren't comfortable with (either the presence of guns or the lack of them) and not being able to make their trip, Unless, like I said, there were redundant flights. How would that work?

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 12 May 2015 - 08:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users