• kelley, Quasar, Donna and 1 other like this

#42 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

It has no other use but to kill people.  It has no value for hunting or sport shooting.  The National Firearms Act of 1934 didn't outlaw sawed off shotguns or machine guns, but made it difficult to sell or own them without them being registered.  These two particular weapons were widely used by gangs at the time and were very effective at killing people but, had little or no other purpose.  They were restricted because they are considered "dangerous and unusual weapons"  They were also very effective at killing law enforcement at the time.  I expect the same holds true today.  The same legislation banned grenades. 

But, as I said, you're entitled to your opinion too.  I see very effective alternatives for personal protection.

God didn't give you the right to own guns.  The Second Amendment does.  And the Supreme Court decided that some weapons are reasonably restricted.

No disrespect, but I'm glad you no longer hold an FFL.

#43 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

Why?

• Persona Non Grata likes this

#44 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

Why?

Because everything you have stated in this thread is like a page out gun grabbers 101, and I wouldn't do a firearms transaction with you knowing your thoughts on the subject.

I've been a firearms enthusiast for 40+ years, I've even had an 03 FFL until recently (wife was putting the heat on me to stop collecting), maybe/probably ran into you in a gun shop somewhere, and if you feel I'm off base, I appologize, but knowing how you feel about certain types of weapons, I could not do business with you.

• Quasar likes this

#45 Ray

Ray

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:29 PM

God I love the feel of my 44 Mag handgun.  It more than compensates for my small genitalia.

#46 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

Well, gentlemen I'll wrap this up by saying that I think it's your right to believe that you should be able to buy any weapon you choose.  I disagree that you or I should be able to do that.  There is such a plethora of good, available and safe firearms available that I don't miss the sawed off shotgun one bit.  Or the Saturday Night Special for that matter.  But I don't begrudge you boys one bit for having a different opinion.

I will say, to Quasar in particular, that in defending my position opposing the reversal of the law banning the shotgun in question, and not attacking anyone else who's opinion is to the contrary, I have been accused of being uneducated (I am not) and being against personal protection (I never said that) and I can assure you littletommy, I am not a gungrabber, an accusation I do take as derogatory.

Off subject here for a moment.... I am proud to be a gun owner and to know that I have never mishandled or misfired one ever.  And all but one is in my gunsafe.  And once, when my home was broken into, the SOBs tried to hammer off the combination, drill into the door and pry off the hinges to steal them, but they didn't get in thanks to Mr Winchester.

I am sure that a good many here would believe that any restrictions at all are unnecessary.  But we would disagree here too.

I don't think we're missing out on not having sawed off shotguns.  I think the benefits are too little.  And Oldgoat could probably hold his own in a home invasion whether he has one or not.  But at least I didn't belittle anyone's idea to the contrary.  And I thought it was funny as he!! to imagine someone trying to shoot clay pidgeons with a sawed off shotgun.  And that you'd have to be able to count the whiskers on a squirrel or he'd be out of range.

So if they repeal theban on sawed off shotguns, good for you guys.  I won't be buying one.

(Edit for typo)

Edited by HadAboutEnough, 23 January 2015 - 02:21 AM.

• snowman and Donna like this

#47 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

I personally do not need a sawed off shotgun, but I do approve of the Indiana legislature working in a progressive manner to repeal these silly restrictions.

I would love to see campus carry, and constitutional carry go forward.

I feel that some of the powers that be realize that bad guys do not play by the rules, these restrictions are only reducing the ability of the good guys to defend themselves and their families.

• Quasar likes this

#48 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

One would think that countries that do have more restrictive gun laws (pretty much every country in the civilized world) would be rampant with "bad guys" doing armed home invasions and committing all sorts of gun crimes against a defenseless citizenry. But, somehow that isn't the case.

Now comes the part when someone trots out the old Facebook meme about the UK having a much higher crime rate than the US. But, as is frequently the case with memes on social media, this one is deceptive and false...

http://www.politifac...gher-violent-c/

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 23 January 2015 - 07:29 AM.

• Donna likes this

#49 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

LOL... Straw Man much there TR?  :thumbsup:

#50 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

I will say, to Quasar in particular, that in defending my position opposing the reversal of the law banning the shotgun in question, and not attacking anyone else who's opinion is to the contrary, I have been accused of being uneducated (I am not) and being against personal protection (I never said that) and I can assure you littletommy, I am not a gungrabber, an accusation I do take as derogatory.

Actually I thought the conversation has been pretty civil... 

I would remind you and everyone that if you feel that a member has posted something that violates our rules... take a second to "report" the post and explain why you have an issue with it. Also please let us know what you would have us do about the offending post. 

#51 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

LOL... Straw Man much there TR? 

What do you mean? Why aren't countries with strict gun control laws overrun with crime? People are always making dire predictions about how it would happen to us. So how is that a straw man argument?

• Jeff all my Life likes this

#52 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

What do you mean? Why aren't countries with strict gun control laws overrun with crime? People are always making dire predictions about how it would happen to us. So how is that a straw man argument?

Just got a kick out of the Obama like introduction that you made...  :yes:

"Now comes the part when someone trots out the old Facebook meme about the UK having a much higher crime rate than the US. But, as is frequently the case with memes on social media, this one is deceptive and false..."

At any rate, you may want to start a thread about this topic if you really care to explore it... this thread is about shotgun legislation...  :thumbsup:

#53 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Just got a kick out of the Obama like introduction that you made...  :yes:

"Now comes the part when someone trots out the old Facebook meme about the UK having a much higher crime rate than the US. But, as is frequently the case with memes on social media, this one is deceptive and false..."

At any rate, you may want to start a thread about this topic if you really care to explore it... this thread is about shotgun legislation...  :thumbsup:

Just trying to head off some BS before it starts. Sorry if that bugs you. I'll try not to do it again. As far as starting a new thread, why is that on me when all I was doing was responding to this...

I feel that some of the powers that be realize that bad guys do not play by the rules, these restrictions are only reducing the ability of the good guys to defend themselves and their families.

#54 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

Just trying to head off some BS before it starts. Sorry if that bugs you. I'll try not to do it again. As far as starting a new thread, why is that on me when all I was doing was responding to this...

Doesn't bug me... it amuses me. Knock yourself out dude... 

Just a thought... since what you started there could go a long way from the original topic. Do it... or not... Doesn't matter... 

#55 technology overloaded

technology overloaded

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

once we can have sawed off shotguns i cant wait to buy this...http://www.dudeiwant...fed-shotgun.asp

#56 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

Why not just get a semi-automatic shotgun and saw off the barrell?  No pumping.

#57 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

No pumping?  Awwww!  Where's the fun in that?

#58 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Let me ponder that last comment.......

#59 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

:logik: ......I don' NEED 1....... :logik: ......but I don' wanna be told I cain' t have it, neither........ 

If they ever DO repeal the stoopid law.....I'a have me 1.....jus' like this'n..... :thumbsup:

2000377,mFOYJ7D5_+bL9EGtiiEm+llVDxv7Vdsi

Edited by Bikerdude, 26 January 2015 - 10:51 PM.

• Quasar and jiyabird like this

#60 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

Congratulations, boys!  The Gov has signed his bill into law.  Pretty soon you can saw the barrels off your shotguns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users