#41 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

Peace, ConcernedHoosier,

James McClure, aren't you supposed to be a Jeffersonian Democrat? You want Elizabeth Warren to run? Wow.

I was asked by Quasar who I thought would be nominated by the Democratic Party over Hillary.  Both Elizabeth Warren and Jim Webb could beat her in the primaries.  Facts are difficult things, sometimes.  I made no statements on their qualifications or probable effectiveness as future President.  I am merely standing by My prediction from two years ago that Hillary will not win the Democratic Party's nomination.  She's toxic and continues to show poor judgement.  Heck, the way she's imploding, Joe Biden may have a chance.

• Quasar likes this

#42 Serve

Serve

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

The Clinton's can do no wrong in some of their follower's eyes, I believe. Thus, why some that are more critical of all politicians (not just those of the opposite party), call the Clinton and/or Obama followers "sheep". I would hope one day we can start holding all politicians accountable, not just those of the opposite party.

Edited by Serve, 09 March 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#43 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

I would hope one day we can start holding all politicians accountable, not just those of the opposite party.

Bravo! Biggest problem in this country... if we actually held them all accountable we could maybe clean this joint up a bit... 

Clinton has bought herself a world of hurt... It will be interesting to see how she handles it. 

#44 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

The Clinton's can do no wrong in some of their follower's eyes, I believe. Thus, why some that are more critical of all politicians (not just those of the opposite party), call the Clinton and/or Obama followers "sheep".

That's not being critical of politicians. That's just demeaning their supporters (or "followers" if you insist). I believe most folks would LOVE a better option. They just aren't being presented with any. IMO, that's why 70,000,000 people rolled the dice on Obama in 2008. They thought they saw something different.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 10 March 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#45 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

That's not being critical of politicians. That's just demeaning their supporters (or "followers" if you insist). I believe most folks would LOVE a better option. They just aren't being presented with any. IMO, that's why 70,000,000 people rolled the dice on Obama in 2008. They thought they saw something different.

Rose Colored Glasses didn't work out too good

#46 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

I believe most folks would LOVE a better option. They just aren't being presented with any. 

Curious why you think that is? [why we aren't presented with better options]

#47 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

Curious why you think that is? [why we aren't presented with better options]

Hell your guess is as good as mine! And I mean that quite literally. Your theory about the bankers running the show makes as much sense as anything else. I definitely believe money has corrupted the process. More than half of Congress are millionaires. How are they supposed to represent us? The median net worth in Congress in 2012 was $1,008,767. The median net worth for the citizenry is $44,900. And Mitt Romney doesn't even know how many Cadillacs his wife has. How could he posssibly understand the challenges you and I face in our daily lives? And then there is always Broder's Paradox: Anybody willing to do what it takes to attain the office of POTUS isn't fit to hold it.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 11 March 2015 - 01:36 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and Donna like this

#48 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

Rose Colored Glasses didn't work out too good

Once again, demeaning the voters. They had a choice between Romney and Obama. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#49 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:46 PM

Once again, demeaning the voters. They had a choice between Romney and Obama. They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

I think you are seeing a mass case of buyers remorse now

• CityBoy likes this

#50 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Whatever you say. But most of the people I see complaining now are the same ones who hated him before the election.
  • GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#51 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

Idk. It seemed we could only get a Pinto or Gremlin. "We" picked one. We know it sucks, but there's no reason to assume the other would've been better.
  • GrumpyGranny and Persona Non Grata like this

#52 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

But most of the people I see complaining now are the same ones who hated him before the election.

It hurts your cause, I think, when you label as haters people who complain about Obama. I'm one of those people, I've complained about his performance, yet I don't hate the man.  For that matter, how do you know how people posting on CCC felt about Obama before the election? Are you privy to their true identities, or just making an assumption?

• grammy likes this

#53 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

It hurts your cause, I think, when you label as haters people who complain about Obama. I'm one of those people, I've complained about his performance, yet I don't hate the man.  For that matter, how do you know how people posting on CCC felt about Obama before the election? Are you privy to their true identities, or just making an assumption?

What exactly is "my cause"? And people on the Chatter aren't the only people I interact with.

#54 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Idk. It seemed we could only get a Pinto or Gremlin. "We" picked one. We know it sucks, but there's no reason to assume the other would've been better.

If I had it to do all over again, even knowing what I know now, there is still no way in hell I would ever cast my vote for any ticket with Sarah Palin's name on it. No buyer's remorse here. I held my nose and did what I had to do.
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#55 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

I ain't even worried about Palin. I liked McCain once upon a time. He's went nutty since 2008. Maybe the Palin thing was a cry for help.

I was thinking of Romney in 2012 in previous Pinto/Gremlin post, but, yeah, I don't know if the other major party's guy would've been any better four years earlier either.

Edited by kelley, 11 March 2015 - 07:57 PM.

• GrumpyGranny and Persona Non Grata like this

#56 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

of course i know that i  live in a totally different world than most people on the chatter. no buyers remorse here, not even close. and i know many, many people who feel the same. the things he has accomplished... he has rocked as President.  seems more like losers remorse.

• Donna likes this

#57 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Peace, Persona Non Grata,

I believe most folks would LOVE a better option. They just aren't being presented with any.

Would an honest, constitutional statesman be a better option?  If you found such a candidate, would you back them regardless of party affiliation?

#58 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hell your guess is as good as mine! And I mean that quite literally. Your theory about the bankers running the show makes as much sense as anything else. I definitely believe money has corrupted the process. More than half of Congress are millionaires. How are they supposed to represent us? The median net worth in Congress in 2012 was $1,008,767. The median net worth for the citizenry is $44,900. And Mitt Romney doesn't even know how many Cadillacs his wife has. How could he posssibly understand the challenges you and I face in our daily lives? And then there is always Broder's Paradox: Anybody willing to do what it takes to attain the office of POTUS isn't fit to hold it.

well heck... corporations are people too and they deserve to have their voices heard, way more than regular people do.

when certain political parties fight every attempt to reign in spending on elections, and the politically motivated SCOTUS helps win those fights... this IS the system we get. party on.

• Donna likes this

#59 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

well heck... corporations are people too and they deserve to have their voices heard, way more than regular people do.

when certain political parties fight every attempt to reign in spending on elections, and the politically motivated SCOTUS helps win those fights... this IS the system we get. party on.

"politically motivated SCOTUS"

In what way are they politically motivated?

#60 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

"politically motivated SCOTUS"

In what way are they politically motivated?

making decisions based on politics... you know there are conservative judges that always vote the way a conservative would vote, regardless of precedent...  and liberal justices the same... that' how they roll. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users