• Please log in to reply
493 replies to this topic

#261 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

If I cannot, through legitimate employment, pay for housing, utilities and food, then what's the point?  Why bother working a crappy job with little incentive to be productive?  I'm still going to lose my housing or have utilities shut off or sending my kids to bed hungry, or any combination of thereof.  McJobs do not reward the hard worker.  They tend to pay across the board.  Been there, done that, didn't stay long!

Employment is a voluntary arrangement between two parties... as it should be. If either party feels they are not benefiting from the arrangement, they should terminate and seek a better opportunity. Also, I'd point out that there is no limit on the amount of hours or jobs that someone may work... I know some folks don't consider this fact and limit themselves because of it. I know it's possible... because I have done it... 

A person in a "McJob" as you call it should be a young person entering the work force... or maybe an elderly person earning a few retirement bucks... anyone else hanging around should be managing the joint. I'll never understand why someone would stay in a job like that long term... it shows a certain lack of ambition I believe... 

I would never vote for anyone for POTUS that believes the government should legislate wages...

#262 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

Oh my! I've heard of "THOSE PEOPLE" and "THESE PEOPLE" and now we have "THEM PEOPLE!"

Pretty sure that protesting for living wages is not a career.

When CEO's make more than 300 times the amount of the average worker within their own company, some greed (okay, a lot of greed) has entered the arrangements. Typically, the fair wage ordinances enacted in various areas apply to companies with 50 + employees, not Mom & Pop businesses.

If I cannot, through legitimate employment, pay for housing, utilities and food, then what's the point? Why bother working a crappy job with little incentive to be productive? I'm still going to lose my housing or have utilities shut off or sending my kids to bed hungry, or any combination of thereof. McJobs do not reward the hard worker. They tend to pay across the board. Been there, done that, didn't stay long!

If you're responding to me, I didn't say/mean "those people" when I said "they." "They" meant the very union paying what they claim is a immoral wage.

#263 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

I worked a minimum wage job when my starting pay was $3.50 hr. I was one of them lol. But through working hard and trying to learn every position I could I went up to $10 hr within 3 yrs. Yes I was lucky I worked where performance was acknowledged and rewarded. The motto there was if you have time to lean, it's time to clean. I'm not trying to offend any low wage worker. But only you can change your financial situation . And do we really expect a less than motivated individual to improve as a employee with a couple extra dollars . I always tip well unless it was really terrible service. I was just commenting on what I have observed recently at our local McDonald's. I hope they do get raises but I also hope they weed out the slackers and are able to attract people who want to go to work to work.
  • kelley and CityBoy like this

#264 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Yes, Kelley, I was responding to your post.  I know you well enough to know that you weren't saying "those people."  Sorry if my post was too ambiguous, I just thought it was funny:  Those, These and now Them.  I knew this was a different group, but didn't know which group!   Thank you for the clarification.  

#265 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

interesting chart

enten-datalab-snyder.png?w=773&h=1242

• Little Pickle likes this

#266 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Carson is in.

http://time.com/3845...ampaign-launch/

As is Fiorina.

#267 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

And Huck... don't forget Huck!  :rolleyes:

Actually... I like the guy... just not for POTUS...

• karen likes this

#268 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:38 AM

Carson is in.

http://time.com/3845...ampaign-launch/

As is Fiorina.

Fiorina is intriguing because I know very little about her.

Carson...arguably has good things to contribute to a discussion, obviously a super smart guy, but it's the people most loudly supporting him that give me pause.
  • Quasar likes this

#269 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

And Bernie! I'm excited about that. Maybe better than Warren for showing Hillary as what she is.

Edited by kelley, 06 May 2015 - 08:39 AM.

• Quasar likes this

#270 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

I'm going to have to build a spreadsheet... I'll never be able to keep track of all of this without one...  :thumbsup:

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#271 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

I'm going to have to build a spreadsheet... I'll never be able to keep track of all of this without one...  :thumbsup:

I hope you will share it with us!

• Quasar likes this

#272 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

• Little Pickle likes this

#273 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:38 PM

Recent Pew Poll results.

Hillary dips. GOP likes Huckabee.

http://www.people-pr...2008-campaigns/

#274 cindiloohoo

cindiloohoo

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

And Huck... don't forget Huck!  :rolleyes:

Actually... I like the guy... just not for POTUS...

Which is it that you admire most about Huckabee – his defense of a molester of multiple victims or his efforts while governor to cover up his own son’s involvement in the torture and killing of a dog?

#275 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

Which is it that you admire most about Huckabee – his defense of a molester of multiple victims or his efforts while governor to cover up his own son’s involvement in the torture and killing of a dog?

I dunno... seems like a nice guy... not mean spirited, hateful... spiteful... miserable... like some... hrc... others...

#276 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:07 PM

I dunno... seems like a nice guy... not mean spirited, hateful... spiteful... miserable... like some...

"An innuendo is an insinuation or intimation about a person or thing, especially of a disparaging or a derogatory nature. It can also be a remark or question, typically disparaging (also called insinuation), that works obliquely by allusion. In the latter sense the intention is often to insult or accuse someone in such a way that one's words, taken literally, are innocent."

#277 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:14 PM

Ha. The presentation of a definition of innuendo can be interpreted as innuendo.
  • Debbie and Tina like this

#278 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

Ha. The presentation of a definition of innuendo can be interpreted as innuendo.

Ha! Whatever you say.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 23 May 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#279 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

Santorum is in. Rick Perry will be any minute. Where you at Michelle Bachmann?

#280 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:12 AM

Foamy, Nice Hair and Crazy Eyes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users