493 replies to this topic

#1 WTPFTP

WTPFTP

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

So with the 2016 national election cycle starting to warm up what are your current thoughts on the future presidential election. I posted this in the Jeff forum just because I'm curious of the community thoughts on the matter. Currently I see this as obviously most everyone else Jeb vs Hilary. I'm thinking they'll possibly go with minority VPs. Bush/Rubio vs. Clinton/Castro (Julian). Both parties courting the Latino vote while having representation in some pretty significant southern/swing states (Florida and Texas). I think Rand Paul and Elizabeth Warren will enter the race to help pull the main candidates into situations where they'll have to establish views their parties oppose but have to be addressed. Also if Mitt enters again he'll be done by the early spring 2016.

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

I'm still not convinced that Clinton is in this thing. She simply doesn't have Bill Clinton's gifts as a politician... and considering all of her negatives, I don't think she can win if she does run. 

I hope that someone talks Romney out of running... he would have been a much better choice in 2012 than what we got, but at this point he missed his chance and he should just stay out of the way. 

• GrumpyGranny, karen, CityBoy and 1 other like this

#3 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

Dang, we have had open travel with Cuba only for a few weeks and already Castro is running for VP?  Did he move in with perkins and use the 7th street address too?......

#4 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

on the R side you'll have romney, bush, walker trying for the conservative vote... paul and cruz trying to wrestle it away from them and then you'll have christie trying for somewhere in between. 

whoever they get, will meet up with Hillary in the general election.  i see no scenario where any of them can beat her.

#5 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

From your lips to God's ear, Snowman!

#6 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

For those of you that think Clinton will run... why? Would you run if you were in her place?

• gettin-at-it likes this

#7 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

I wouldn't, but then I won't run for a local race either!

I do appreciate all of her public service and would love to see her as the first female president. 

But, no, if I were her, I'd enjoy being a grandma, enjoying life, and to heck with the rest of us.  It's gotta be a lot less stress than POTUS status.

• Quasar likes this

#8 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

People are all wired different, and Hillary Clinton is definitely wired to be President. So yes, if i were her I'd run.

• Donna likes this

#9 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

I think that Clinton had better hope Elizabeth Warren stays on the sidelines... I think Warren could beat her for the nomination...

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#10 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:52 AM

here's the dec 28 polling from Real Clear Politics

65c816de-23ca-4e95-ba8d-2c82231fb14e.jpg

#11 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

here's the dec 28 polling from Real Clear Politics

65c816de-23ca-4e95-ba8d-2c82231fb14e.jpg

Useless this far out... Clinton was supposed to beat Obama too... But she couldn't beat him even though he was unknown and had no experience...
  • GrumpyGranny and karen like this

#12 gettin-at-it

gettin-at-it

ACCOUNT CLOSED

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

Jeb Bush will win. Don't want to see it, but he will. Don't underestimate Karl Rove and the Bush money machine. Book it. Regardless if Hillary runs or even wins, as usual the regular hard-working American will lose.
  • kelley and Tina like this

#13 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

The insiders say that they are certain that Clinton will run. Who else do you think will run for the Democratic nomination?

Campaign advisers say the likelihood of a campaign, long at 98 percent (she never really hesitated, according to one person close to her), went to 100 percent right after Christmas, when Clinton approved a preliminary budget and several key hires.

#14 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Peace, Quasar,

The insiders say that they are certain that Clinton will run. Who else do you think will run for the Democratic nomination?

I'm hopeful that Elizabeth Warren will run.  She will upset Hillary's apple cart in the same way Barack did.  Joe Biden has hinted that he may run.  Mark Warner is another who may enter the Democratic primary.

Edited by James-R-McClure-Jr, 28 January 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

I hope Warren runs and runs hard to show Hillary for what she is.
  • Quasar and Tina like this

#16 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

Did you know that the Republican Party hasn't won a presidential election without either a Bush or Nixon on the ticket since 1928?

(Now before someone asks what the point is or what that has to do with the price of eggs, I just saw this and was astonished.)

#17 JHS1982

JHS1982

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

I'm still not convinced that Clinton is in this thing. She simply doesn't have Bill Clinton's gifts as a politician... and considering all of her negatives, I don't think she can win if she does.

PLUS SHE HAS "CANKLES"!!! 😜😝😳

Rod Daily

#18 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

I really do detest how females are denigrated with comments from "cankles" to "big butts!"  Hilary had a hitch in her voice responding to a question (about Obama) and was deemed "too emotional" and, yet, Boehner cries at the drop of a happy hour.  I may be nuts, (yes, I am!) but it would be nice if men were held to the same standards that they inflict on women.

Edited for grammatical error - see Blondie!

Edited by Donna, 29 January 2015 - 08:09 AM.

• kelley likes this

#19 JHS1982

JHS1982

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

Ha-ha.......simma down now, Donna. I'm an "equal opportunity sexist." If I ever saw John Boehner's legs & he had "cankles," I'd say, "HEY, JOHN BOEHNER HAS CANKLES!!" Hell, I already said he looks like "Elf on a Shelf." But when 'ol Hil puts them gams out there, one CAN'T HELP but notice them.......CANKLES!!! 😜😜😂 Pantsuits darlin'.......pantsuits!!!

Sorry!!

Rod Daily

Edited by JHS1982, 29 January 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#20 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Romney is out... that's good news... 

http://hosted.ap.org...-01-30-10-54-39

• GrumpyGranny, JHS1982 and Tina like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users