130 replies to this topic

#121 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

My second concern is with the election board,they voted 2 to 1 to allow Mr. Little to run as a Republican. The board is made up of two Republican's and one Democrat my concern here is that Kevin Fisher is one of the Republican's on the Board,I don't know the other Republican board member.Mr.Fisher is a recently retired Indiana State Trooper, who now works as an officer for the Clark County Sherrif's office,hired by Sheriff Jamie Noel. I could imagine that Mr. Fisher would have some difficulty voting against his boss,the man who hired him and the Republican Chair.

Just wanted to correct this.

The election board is 1 Republican, 1 Democrat and the elected County Clerk (Susan Popp-Dem).  So the make up is actually 2 democrats and 1 republican.

#122 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

Tina ,thanks for setting me straight on the election board. I did'nt know that Susan Popp is on the board

I still have to question Sheriff Noel staying on as party chair and Kevin Fisher,his employee having a vote that could help determine a Candidates eligibility.

#123 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

I guess he doesn't remember that Democrat Dan Moore for Judge sign in his yard or attending the Dan Moore fundraiser put on by Donna Coomer. Probably doesn't remember that Dan Moore campaign contribution either. I guess it's a good thing there are pictures of that sign in his yard and a paper trail that follows...maybe that will jog his memory when he is on the witness stand next time. SMH

So supporting a Democrat one time makes you a Democrat forever?

Or are you reaching for straws to poision the public opinion about this candidate?

If anything it should enhance his campaign that he is willing to support the people that he thinks are the best person for the job regardless of party affiliation. A indepent thinker.

#124 moose

moose

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

So supporting a Democrat one time makes you a Democrat forever?

Or are you reaching for straws to poision the public opinion about this candidate?

If anything it should enhance his campaign that he is willing to support the people that he thinks are the best person for the job regardless of party affiliation. A indepent thinker.

No it makes him a liar.  He signed up to run as a republican and checked the box on his form that he claimed affiliation with the republican party because he voted republican in the last the primary election.  Then he certified the form with a notarized signature that the form was true and accurate, when he did not vote republican in the last primary he voted Democrat.  Why lie about it when he didn't have to?  Jamey showed up at the hearing and said he had his permission to run even though he voted Democrat.  Which by the way was a choice on the form in the first place!!!!  Was he ashamed to ask Jamey to begin with, so he just lied about it hoping no one would catch it?  If he is going to lie about that, what else is he going to lie about?!?!?!  That's just what we don't need in Charlestown's City Hall....another liar.  

• CityBoy and Old Pawpaw like this

#125 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

I think that the Ted Little vote was 3-0 --- the Crawford vote was 2-1 even though Crawford basically said I don't want to be on the ballot !!!!

#126 NoBS

NoBS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Yes some of the homes that are rented need to be fixed up but if you do your research you will find that most of those homes are being rented by Bob Hall (in his wife's name), 

I search every lot and home in Pleasant Ridge on the county website. Neither Bob or his wife own any property in Pleasant Ridge. This is just a blatant lie. 

#127 NoBS

NoBS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

Donna Coomer made the wrong choice when she began her first term. She chose to put Bob Hall's political interests above the interests of the people who elected her. Throughout her three terms, she has brought disgrace on herself by using her position as if it was to be Bob Hall's campaign manager.

She has a woeful record, as reflected in several of the State Board of Accounts audits. It's time for her to go -- long past time, in fact.

City Boy you never say a good thing about either Mrs. Coomer or the Mayor. It always the same if they if they don't support you and your cronies they are no good. That's why they let the people vote and they have voted her in every time in spite of the outlandish accusations you make. By the way Sawyer has ran for office like 4 times and was rejected every time by the voters. What doest that say about him.

#128 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:41 PM

City Boy you never say a good thing about either Mrs. Coomer or the Mayor. It always the same if they if they don't support you and your cronies they are no good.   My criticisms are about their performance, not about who they do or don't support.  

That's why they let the people vote and they have voted her in every time in spite of the outlandish accusations you make.  If you post the "outlandish accusations", I will gladly respond to each one.

By the way Sawyer has ran for office like 4 times and was rejected every time by the voters. What doest that say about him.  I'm afraid it says more about you than about Mr. Sawyer.  I think he ran only one time, but certainly not four times.

Edited by CityBoy, 02 March 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#129 totty

totty

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

The board I believe is 2 dems and 1 republican. I think the vote was 3-0 to let him run which meant all voted to let him run.

#130 totty

totty

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

Sorry....missed Iran's response correcting this already

#131 totty

totty

Resident

• Members