130 replies to this topic

#41 Jeff all my Life

Jeff all my Life

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

I love when people get on here and say "such and such politician did this and the people liked it and that's why they vote for him". Yes when a politician does something we like, we tend to vote for them. And when a politician does something nothing or something we don't like, we tend not to vote for them.

As far as the the tracking of gift certificates, I know many people who worked for different groups that helped that night and the following days. The severity, scope, and quickness of disaster made organization nearly impossible. For most it was, let's go help and then we'll figure out the rest later.

No good deed....

#42 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

NoBs,you said that Ted Little is running against Scott Mckenchie in district 3,both are Republicans,the only reason Ted is running is because Scott had the audacity to vote his consceince and vote against Bob Hall.(Bob will have none of that!)

You also stated that George Roberts is going to run in place of Cathy Cash,George is a nice fellow,but he is probably the only resident in District 2 that is further up Mayor Hall's rear than Cathy was.

If Ben Ledbetter is running against Jeff Aaron and is able to defeat him,I feel that Bob has underestimated his control over Mr. Ledbetter,I believe he will vote his consceince and not be a another "Yes man" for Bob Hall.

If Eric Vaughn is running against Dan James,I'm certain his wife, who is employed by Bob Hall, has encouraged him to do so.
  • Cheryl L Ross likes this

#43 NoBS

NoBS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

Holy Cow,you mentioned the note worthy work of feeding the community that Bob Hall and G.C.S did when the wind storm took out electricity for a week.

I'm sure that the schools did their best to help.

I feel that Bob Hall,s helping hand was politically motivated,below are two examples of why I came to feel this way.

First,Bob Hall gave gift certificates from Jay C store of 20 dollars to those who would show proof of residence.The total cost of this illegal tax-payer give away was 20,000 dollars. This was giving tax-payer monies to only a select few,many residents had no idea that their tax monies were being re-distributed by Bob Hall.(not to mention that the list of who received the 20 dollar certificates was conveniently lost,no one knows who gained in this other than Bob Hall) This along with Bob's 100 dollar scholarships and a picture of our seniors along the highway sure seems to be a cheap way to buy votes.

Secondly,Mayor Hall,turned down the Red Cross when they offered to bring supplies to Charlestown,if the Red Cross had showed, compassionate Bob could not have taken the credit as the "only municipality in the area to help it's citizens"!

Politically motivated. Everything people in office do looks politically motivated by those who oppose them. That might be why it is called politics. 

You mean during the hurricane Ike winds that made Charlestown look like a war zone. When electric was off a week and when poorest among us lost their milk, meats, and perishable and no checks coming for two weeks. They needed temporary help with buying food for their families. Your forgot to criticize him for getting the schools to open up for providing meals to those in need, and lets not forget the terrible thing he did when his church brought two semi loads of groceries and they handed them out to those in need. Free

Also I think we should certainly question what he was thinking when he started the CEEF foundation that the businesses and citizens donated to it. Then using that foundation to help lead a cause of getting more seniors to college than any other community. Then what really burns me up is the  gall of him to bring attention to seniors that were going to college,  military or vocation schools, by putting up those beautiful banners, NOT with his picture BUT the kids, Disgusting. I don't care that like only 20% of our seniors where going to college before he did this politically motivated thing and now we are over 90%. Shameless. Those kids should not used like that. I heard some of the parents of these kids actually cried seeing there kid getting recognized in front of the whole community and treated this way. 

Furthermore, I have a niece and nephew who have gotten one of those terrible scholarships for getting accepted in college. HE certainly is up to no good. 

No Question he has done these political things and I thank him for it.

I and my family will proudly vote for him. Even though I don't know why he would want to continue being Mayor. 

Edited by NoBS, 24 January 2015 - 12:22 PM.

• Jeff all my Life and esulli01 like this

#44 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

As I said, I am sure people can find negatives, and your comments regarding the gift cards may be accurate in terms of the details regarding how they were bought, distribution, etc. I want to assure you that I checked with the those from GCS and yes, they had a huge part in the storm efforts. They also had no recollection of the Red Cross being turned away. As a matter of fact, two of those I spoke to remember that the Red Cross was involved and welcome.

Your post brings another issue to mind. That is the assignment of motive. It seems our society and political environment is always quick to do that. Your post is a perfect example. You do not like the Mayor, nor support him, therefore his motives must be impure. The same can be seen in discussions about our President. Like him or not, agree with his policies or not, too many people jump immediately to the assignment of his motives that he wants to destroy America or democracy. The same can be seen in education where those who support education reform are accused of having the motive of selling education to corporate interests. 

Again, I want to be very clear, this is neither a pro or anti Mayor Hall post. My point is to say why not say that Mayor Hall, President Obama, Governor Pence, or whoever else in politics we debate make good faith efforts to follow what they believe to be right and those actions and decisions should be discussed or debated based on their merits as opposed to some assignment of motives that none of us are really qualified to assign.

#45 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Also I think we should certainly question what he was thinking when he started the CEEF foundation that the businesses and citizens donated to it. Then using that foundation to help lead a cause of getting more seniors to college than any other community. Then what really burns me up is the  gall of him to bring attention to seniors that were going to college,  military or vocation schools, by putting up those beautiful banners, NOT with his picture BUT the kids, Disgusting. I don't care that like only 20% of our seniors where going to college before he did this politically motivated thing and now we are over 90%. Shameless. Those kids should not used like that. I heard some of the parents of these kids actually cried seeing there kid getting recognized in front of the whole community and treated this way. 

Furthermore, I have a niece and nephew who have gotten one of those terrible scholarships for getting accepted in college. HE certainly is up to no good. 

No Question he has done these political things and I thank him for it.

I and my family will proudly vote for him. Even though I don't know why he would want to continue being Mayor. 

Every kid in Charlestown gets a $100 if they graduate that Bob Hall passes out as "scholarships from CEEF" that really is paid for by our tax dollars.  If that is not politically motivated to get a vote, then I don't know what is!  

• Cheryl L Ross likes this

#46 NoBS

NoBS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

Every kid in Charlestown gets a $100 if they graduate that Bob Hall passes out as "scholarships from CEEF" that really is paid for by our tax dollars.  If that is not politically motivated to get a vote, then I don't know what is!  

CEEF is funded by donations from businesses and individuals like any other nonprofit, not tax dollars. That's just a plain lie. 

Edited by NoBS, 24 January 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#47 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

CEEF is funded by donations from businesses and individuals like any other nonprofit, not tax dollars. That's just a plain lie. 

Is it?  I don't think so!  The only lie being told is that it is a non-profit.  In fact the organization doesn't even exist.  It was dissolved November 8, 2013.  Nor does it or has it ever had tax exempt status!  Those are the facts Jack!  Have another gulp of that kool aid!

CHARLESTOWN EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION (Assumed)

Current Information

Entity Legal Name:
CHARLESTOWN FOUNDATION FOR EXCELLENCE, INC.

Entity Address:
304 Main Cross, Charlestown, IN 47111

General Entity Information:

Control Number2009071500223 
StatusAdmin Dissolved 
Entity TypeNon-Profit Domestic Corporation 

Entity Creation Date7/15/2009 10:49:02 AM 
Entity Date to Expire
Entity Inactive Date11/8/2013 

https://secure.in.go...14-FA54B2401565

http://apps.irs.gov/...bmitName=Search

Edited by What the What, 24 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#48 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

NoBs,I never said that the foundation was a problem ,the only problem is that Bob Hall dictates how the monies are to be spent.

Monies donated to the schools,should be spent by the schools, as the Professional School Administrators see fit. NOT BOB Hall or any other MAYOR!

NoBs,I would venture to bet that you got your precentages from Bob Hall. If those numbers are correct, then maybe Bob Hall should be Greater Clark Schools Superintendent and resign from being Mayor. Then again, I may remember something about having a college degree as one of the prerequisites of the Superintendent position.

#49 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:14 PM

Holy Cow, I don,t believe I am assigning a motive,I am looking at the history of Bob Hall as Mayor and evaluating the things he has done.

You said,"You do not like the Mayor,nor support him,therefore his motives must be impure".

I beg to differ with you Holy Cow,I believe Bob Hall's motives are impure,therefore I do not like him or support him.

#50 moose

moose

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

As NoBS seems to have a rebuttal for everything brought up.

NoBS can't wait to hear your rebuttal for What the What's post above.  

#51 moose

moose

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

Here is the latest from the breakfast club on who has signed up to run.

Bob Hall,

Ben Ledbetter who I have know most of my life and admire greatly will be running against Jeff Aaron if he runs.

Eric Vaughn who grew up here and is married to one of the Mattox girls, also owns a trucking company. He is running at large against Danny James if he runs.

George Robert is running  in Cathy Cash's seat.

Ted Little is running against Scot Mckenchie.

No one has signed up yet to run against Rawlings, but rumor has it that one of the Hester brothers will. Great family I knew their dad my whole life.

Very Impressive group.

And only Thornhill on the Democrat side has signed up.

Ted Little?  Is that the same person who has ran for everything he can possibly think of in the last 3 City elections and has got the tar beat out of him every time?  I could see it if the elections he ran would have been close, but he has the personality of a rock and it obviously doesn't play well with the voters.  Maybe he just likes to lose.  

Edited by moose, 25 January 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#52 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

Old Pawpaw, Thank you for validating my point.

• Cheryl L Ross and Jeff all my Life like this

#53 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

Holy Cow,my statement is the complete opposite of your point,and most certainly not a validation of it!

My dislike for Bob Hall came about because of his actions.

My dislike is not conceived from a difference of opinion,but because of his dictorial ways. He values no ones opinion other than his own.

His classification of Pleasant Ridge,and wanting to tear down the good with the bad,despite his constituents and the City Council's objections,validates my point!

Bob Hall wanting to get a new Council is because he has to have complete control,he did'nt want or try to get "His Council" elected before,when he had the majority.

Here comes Bob's "A Team" mentality all over again. What Bob obviously wants is the "A KISSING TEAM"

#54 NoBS

NoBS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

What the What

I don't know about that. What I do know is the fact that there are hundreds of kids that have and more that will go to college because of the work the Mayor has done in pulling the people together to help our youth. They and their families will have better opportunities. 

I look at the "team" your words and I think it is the Opposite. These are all people of accomplishment. If you think anyone will be telling them what to do. Go try it.  As I think everyone will see.

The bottom line is this a it lis the truth, Bob Hall doesn't get to choose his council the voters do.

#55 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

"He values no ones opinion other than his own." 

Sir, if that is not an assignment of motives, nothing is. You are no more qualified to know what is in Mayor Hall's heart and motives, or what he values than I am. That is why I said you validated my point. Again, I thank you.

• Cheryl L Ross and Jeff all my Life like this

#56 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

Holy Cow,you have no idea what my qualifications are,his motivations and what he values are evident to anyone who has followed his history as Mayor.

Bob Hall has earned his reputation as a self-serving,dictorial,autocrat,thru his actions.

No words that I,nor anyone else can write,speak louder!

#57 DocElder64

DocElder64

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

I just want say that I hope Mayor Bob Hall runs and I hope there is a group that runs with him that is running to better Charlestown. He has been great for Charlestown. 

Mrs. Ennis ran and had hand picked candidates to run for council and clerk treasurer that supported her.  I hope the Mayor does the same and that we can get a new council, what I have seen from this group is not impressive.

Mrs. Ennis ran a very good campaign and I wish she would run again. Anyone who is against Bob Hall all of a sudden will have many things done to them. Most of the people that voted for Donna in the old projects are now seeing how that is going. Thankfully they will not lose their homes. Yes some of the homes that are rented need to be fixed up but if you do your research you will find that most of those homes are being rented by Bob Hall (in his wife's name), Josh Gregory (who puts his Mexican workers in there), Danny Gregory owns some too. Donna Coomer who dates Danny and sucks up to whatever Bob Hall wants her to do is a puppet for him. There has been so much proof of inappropriation of funds, yet its never investigated the way it should be. Its time to bring an honest mayor in.

• Cheryl L Ross and Old Pawpaw like this

#58 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

In an attempt to be a respectful devil's advocate, let me ask what is wrong with a mayor working hard to run a slate of like-minded council members? On a larger scale, doesn't the President try to get supportive members of congress elected? 

#59 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

Moose,in an earlier post you compared Ted Little's personality to that of a rock,I don't think you are being at all fair to the rock!

Maybe,you should have made the comparison to the rock, about Ted's intelligence instead.

In the 2003 Republican primary Ted ran for Mayor,Bob Hall had told Ted that he was not going to run,Bob lied(surprize,surprize),ran and defeated Ted before losing to Mike Hall in the general election.

The responsibility of the lie was Bob Hall's. Where I question Ted's intelligence, was in the fact that he would believe anything Bob Hall would tell him after that.

An old adage that President George W. Bush use to quote,that I feel is appropriate,goes something like this,"fool me once,shame on you,fool me twice,uh,I won't be fooled again"

#60 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

Holy Cow,I think you do an excellent job of being a "respectful devil's advocate"

Speaking of which,tell Bob hi,the next time you see him!

Seriously,there is noting wrong with a Mayor trying to run a slate of like-minded Council members.

The problem arises when the slate of Council members has no-mind of their own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users