130 replies to this topic

#1 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

With the deadline approaching who is in the Charlestown city races. This year appears to be a heated very competitive race,especially for the city council.The only names I know are in so far are Mayor Bob Hall ® vs LaDon Thronhill (D)

Edited by SIwatcher, 14 January 2015 - 10:31 PM.

#2 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:55 PM

You can bet that Hall will have a hand-picked candidate in every City Council race. He has always had a complaisant Council; otherwise he couldn't get by with his skewed priorities and wasteful spending.

He absolutely HATES Dan James. His opponent is rumored to be the husband of Christian Maddox Cox, the newly hired city athletic czar.

Donna Coomer will surely run. She works the Clerk-Treasurer job part-time; makes $40,000+ a year; her staff does all the real work.
  • Old Pawpaw likes this

#3 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

City Boy,you are absolutely right about Bob Hall,he will demonize anyone who dares to stand-up against him.(on any subject)

The only council persons who Bob Hall will endorse for re-election is 2nd district council person Cathy Cash.(who along with Clerk Treasurer Coomer both are in dire need of Chap Stick)

It matters not what political party you may belong to,if you disagree with Dictator Bob he will classify you as an obstructionist and he along with Donna Coomer will work tirelessly to make sure your not elected.

Bob Hall does absolutely hate Dan James,Dan on the other hand hates Bob Hall's methods ,not the person,the people of Charlestown are beginning to realize that Bob's attitude( of if you don't kiss my rear,your out of here,) is fundamentally wrong.

Who ever decides to run for office in Charlestown,I hope runs to better the entire City and not just to fullfill Bob Hall's dictorial "Vision".

#4 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

This certainly will be an historic vote for Charlestown ---- If you are for Bob then you will vote for his backers for the council ---- If they win then Bob is "Mayor for Life" as they say - because the people in Charlestown will have supported his agenda -- I think that they will run as a group !!!!

I heard that Cash is not re running ?

And personally -- I've heard NO-One mentioned who could beat Bob --- I heard in the last election his opponent spent $80,000 and it wasn't all that close !!!

I will not mention any names until they have filed !!!!

#5 NotBanned

NotBanned

IsNowBanned

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

His opponent is rumored to be the husband of Christian Maddox Cox, the newly hired city athletic czar.

Kristin Mattox Cox.  And her husband is, J.T.  Please be respectful.

#6 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

No disrespect intended, NotBanned. I simply didn't know the correct spelling for their names. Sorry if I offended you, or Mr. or Mrs. Cox.

Edited by CityBoy, 15 January 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#7 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

Who is LaDon Thornhill? Lived here long? Young or older? Works at? Views on town?

#8 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

He has a facebook page and 1 agenda item - anything anti - Bob !!!!

Any other people offical yet !!!

#9 NoBS

NoBS

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

I just want say that I hope Mayor Bob Hall runs and I hope there is a group that runs with him that is running to better Charlestown. He has been great for Charlestown. 

Mrs. Ennis ran and had hand picked candidates to run for council and clerk treasurer that supported her.  I hope the Mayor does the same and that we can get a new council, what I have seen from this group is not impressive.

#10 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

NoBS,what is impressive to you,and does the City Council have to vote with the Mayor on every issue ,for you to be satisfied with their performance?

#11 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

$80,000 for the Charlestown's Mayor's race???  I highly doubt that.  Sounds pretty far fetched for Charlestown.  

LaDon Thornhill?  Never heard of him.  Checked out his facebook page and I would say he's just going to be a thorn in Bob's side.  His facebook posts aren't too bright.   

#12 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

What a joke, Bob Hall has never spent that kind of money

If he turns in campaign forms go check.. 

#13 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

I don't want to see an anti Bob campaign. I want to know how someone is going to do different. What would he do different? What would not be done that is now and what would not be finished. New ideas? Just to say anti Bob doesn't doesn't tell me anything that I need to know to vote for someone. How would he accomplish what he wants to do?
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#14 Joyce

Joyce

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

Well, I hope the people of Charlestown does not forget what he was going to do to the residents of Pleasant Ridge!

#15 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

I just saw Mayor Hall announced his candidacy on Facebook. Chalk up another 4 years of lies. Don't see Thornhill beating him. Can't wait!

#16 Jerry

Jerry

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Bob Hall's new campaign slogan:  The "Future is Blight" 

#17 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

Any other names being thrown out -- mayor or city council ?

#18 Jerry

Jerry

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

Any other names being thrown out -- mayor or city council ?

Ruth Ann Rawlings and Dan James are running for their seats on the Council.
  • kelley likes this

#19 SIwatcher

SIwatcher

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

I heard no-way on Cash re- running  !!! Last time Dan Roberts ran against Ruth ann and won on election day and lost the re-count imagine that !!!

#20 What the What

What the What

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

Dan Roberts for council? That surprises me that he's running after his drunk driving arrest and stint in rehab. Glad to see he got his life back together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users