Photo

Who's Running For A Spot On The Town Council?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#41 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

Marvin...run.

#42 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

Whoa, Sleepy!  The Gang of 4 has spent years (decades?) carving out their territory/power. 

While 7 Republicans in a room might make me a little uncomfortable, were they to be responsive to their constituents, that'd be great! 

We would expect any future gang to focus on "what's in it for me and how do I keep my seat/power?" 

But I live in Jeffersonville, so what do I know?

#43 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

You missed my point...Politics are funny they like ya one minute

You are a gang the next.

#44 MrEastwood

MrEastwood

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

Glad you are considering it Marvin please keep us posted on your decision...

#45 MARVIN BOSTOCK JR

MARVIN BOSTOCK JR

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

I totally get where you're coming from Sleepy and have seen more than my share of that having worked for the Town for so long. I won't waste anyones time with a long response as I've still not made up my mind therefore I have no reason to try and convince anyone that I am who I am.

If I do run, I would encourage any of you to do all you can to find out who I am and what I stand for just as I try and do with those I vote for or against. Even so, educated choices don't always pan out. I want my elected officials representing the will of the people they serve, like it's supposed to be.

Regards,

#46 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

TRUE THAT...

#47 miami vice

miami vice

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

The time has come to allow new blood to enter the Clarksville Town Council. For too long we have endured the same old politics with the same old politicians year after year. With residents complaining about sewage rates that haven't been re-looked at to councilmen not going further with district voting because it would affect their personal outcome. This year we have the opportunity to revitalize not only the town but the council as well. Clarksville is on the cusp of a new era and with new energized councilmen we can take Clarksville to greater heights and make Clarksville the town that could be to the town that can be. My name is Daniel Bamforth-R and I am running for Clarksville Town Council, District 5. 

Have you filed to run yet? If so, what district?  I heard there is going to be some kind of a meet-and-greet coming up real soon for the Clarksville Republicans.

#48 MARVIN BOSTOCK JR

MARVIN BOSTOCK JR

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

I have not decided yet Daniel. Meet and Greet is at the REMC Thursday at 7 I believe.

Good luck

#49 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Peace, all,

At tonight's Clarksville Town Council meeting during public comment, I asked the seven members of the council if they would be running for reelection.  I received some very dirty looks.  As our public servants, the council should answer questions about their intent to continue serving us, when asked.  The answers were as follows:

Paul Kraft - no comment

John Gilkey - running, district 2

Paul Fetter - running, at large

Bob Polston - undecided

Don Tetley - undecided

Bob Popp - no comment

Tim Hauber - running, district 1

Bob Leuthart - running, treasurer

I realize this isn't news to many here, but I do believe that our public servants are responsible to us and must be held to account.

• GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#50 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

Peace, all,

At tonight's Clarksville Town Council meeting during public comment, I asked the seven members of the council if they would be running for reelection.  I received some very dirty looks.  As our public servants, the council should answer questions about their intent to continue serving us, when asked.  The answers were as follows:

Paul Kraft - no comment

John Gilkey - running, district 2

Paul Fetter - running, at large

Bob Polston - undecided

Don Tetley - undecided

Bob Popp - no comment

Tim Hauber - running, district 1

Bob Leuthart - running, treasurer

I realize this isn't news to many here, but I do believe that our public servants are responsible to us and must be held to account.

The undecideds and no comments will be able to answer the question as soon as their "handler" tells them how to answer. 

• GrumpyGranny and Diogenes like this

#51 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hahaha! Dirty looks and "no comments" when asked if they'll be running! Hey Popp and Kraft, your hateful arrogance is showing......AGAIN!!!!

#52 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

I m hearing 2 new names on the Dem side

#53 Dee Shelton Jr

Dee Shelton Jr

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

My name is Dee Shelton and I would like to announce my candidacy in the upcoming Clarksville Town Council Election. I am running on the Republican Ballot for District 2 and would appreciate your support.
  • GrumpyGranny, TomD and Tina like this

#54 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

I m hearing 2 new names on the Dem side

When are they going to stop lurking in the shadows and make themselves known?  There seems to be a lot of apprehension on the part of Dems to let their intentions be known.  Even incumbents popp, Kraft, Tetley, and Polston seem uncertain...are the Dems in disarray?

#55 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

I guess their form of strategy, who knows.  

I know this, I am not a fan of all that is going on in C ville

but I am also not a fan of Slates.  Slating a group of people to run

has never got me excited.  May the best man or woman win is what

I believe.

#56 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

I believe.

I believe.

Yeah, there is a possibility that a slate could hurt your 'friend' that is planning to run.  But I don't think so...he has good name recognition and very little negative baggage.  It would be detrimental though, if he was endorsed by the Gang of 4.  I've talked to a lot of people around town who are not pleased with the actions of the gang...that dissatisfaction could rub off if a candidate allows his name to be linked to any of them.

Edited by TomD, 26 January 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#57 nononsense

nononsense

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

Dee glad to hear your are going to run! Know you and your family. You are your own man and will support you. Time for gang of four to go!! TIME FOR CHANGE!

#58 Ray

Ray

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

The "Gang of Four" need to go. Doesn't matter what party, just a cleansing of the gene pool. 

• chewing the fat and Sleepy like this

#59 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hey Sleepy

The report I received yesterday from the elections office shows that your 'friend' has indeed registered to run for Clarksville town council.  Do you have any platform details?  Will he support Fairvoting?  What about redirecting the redevelopment commission to spend TIF funds on development/redevelopment instead of parks and other projects?  Will he support ethical behavior by elected officials, department heads, and other town employees?  Will he vote to fire an employee caught stealing?  Does he favor a zero based budgeting approach?  What does your guy stand for? 

#60 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Dang.   Great questions for all Candidates.

Where do the current 7 stand?

Edited by Sleepy, 29 January 2015 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users