Photo

Who's Running For A Spot On The Town Council?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#181 tPoC

tPoC

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

Here is a current list of candidates:

attachicon.gifCandidate list 2015 primary.rtf

Tom D,  has this list been updated since 10 February?  Has there been any additions or deletions?  Thanks for assembling this list in the first place. 

#182 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:58 AM

tPoC, my paperwork has been filed. I will be running for Clarksville Town Council District 2 in the general election in November on the Libertarian ticket. Greg Hertzsch will be running for District 1. I'm unsure of the status of his paperwork. The Libertarian Party has a different timeline for paperwork since we do not participate in the primary process.
  • kelley likes this

#183 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

Sleepy, brother, we need an update on your projections!

What's the latest?

#184 Sally

Sally

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

I am in no way being "coached", led or guided by any candidate or council member.

While I have answered your questions.....

Have you really ansered the questions? Probly not.

If some body was to say that Mr.Bob Popp was your mentor, wood you say that person was a lier?

#185 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

Good question Sally.

#186 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Thomas Keister has joined the race as the LP candidate for District 3.
  • Russell Brooksbank and Thomas Keister like this

#187 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

Who does this hurt or help in the District 3 race.

#188 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Who does this hurt or help in the District 3 race.

It helps the voters and citizens of District 3 and Clarksville as a whole. For the first time in history, Clarksville has the opportunity to vote for not one, not two, but three Libertarians for Town Council. People are fed up with the way the Democrat and Republican parties have governed. Now is the chance to effect real change in our government. You want government that actually listens to you, secures your rights and lives within its means? Now's your chance. Imagine if you will, a council made up of 3 Libertarians, 2 Republicans and 2 Democrats. Which party would be able to ram their agenda down the throats of the citizens? If you answered,"None," you would be correct. Everybody would have to get the cooperation of everybody else through the spirit of good old fashioned American Compromise. No more "gang" of anybody.

Edited by Russell Brooksbank, 30 June 2015 - 03:29 PM.

• Thomas Keister likes this

#189 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

This gentleman blog says he is running on the US Marijuana Party????

Russell, how does this help the voters??? 

#190 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

He is running as a Libertarian in the Town Council race. How does it help the voters? It gives them another choice besides the same Duocracy they have had. Choice is always good.
  • kelley likes this

#191 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

Russell, come on, don't go down the typical politician path, answer the question as it was asked. I'm not trying to be mean, but you know what sleepy is asking, and I would assume you know the candidate in question (I honestly don't know anything about the guy yet).
  • Sleepy likes this

#192 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

Mr. Keister has been a Libertarian for a long time. He has run as a Libertarian before. Why he opted to start a write in campaign for President with the Marijuana party I could not answer for you. He will have to answer that question for you. It is no secret that Libertarians are in favor of making the personal choice to smoke marijuana legal. If I have to venture a guess I would say that promoting that played into his decision.

I stand behind what I said about who it would help. I believe the citizens are who will benefit. I don't think it will benefit either of the two other candidates. Libertarians are financially responsible and socially accepting. Because of this, I believe that a Libertarian gets votes from both sides of the aisle. This is my honest answer.
  • kelley likes this

#193 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

People are people Russell

To say Libertarians are financially responsible and socially accepting is a very very general statement.

I know a few libertarians who are just the opposite  of what you describe.

I will say it again.   Stop making General comments about people.

Do your homework and check out each person running.  Make the best pick for you and your family.

For me, Education and past community involvement are important.  I vote for candidates who help are community when they

are not being paid to do so.    I will do my homework on every candidate I have the opportunity to vote for.

I hope every citizen does the same....

• Russell Brooksbank likes this

#194 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

Can Mr. Keister legally run for President and Town Council at the same time???

#195 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

People are people Russell

To say Libertarians are financially responsible and socially accepting is a very very general statement.

I know a few libertarians who are just the opposite of what you describe.

I will say it again. Stop making General comments about people.

Do your homework and check out each person running. Make the best pick for you and your family.

For me, Education and past community involvement are important. I vote for candidates who help are community when they

are not being paid to do so. I will do my homework on every candidate I have the opportunity to vote for.

I hope every citizen does the same....

A libertarian may be financially irresponsible and socially intolerant in their personal lives, but libertarianism is a political philosophy and requires small government in both the economic and social spheres.

If someone is advocating a goverment spending spree or interference in personal lives, they aren't really a libertarian, and I wouldn't have facilitated their placement on the ballot. I'm confident - following years of acquaintance directly related to party activity - Keister is truly an advocate of small government.

#196 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Can Mr. Keister legally run for President and Town Council at the same time???

It's my understanding he can as the two are not on the same ballot.

#197 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

Sleepy, I don't know exactly what it was that you wanted from me. I was asked who this hurts or benefits. I gave an honest answer. In my opinion the citizens benefit and it hurts both candidates of the other parties equally. If you want more specific answers then I would require a more specific question. Like I said when I introduced myself very far back in this thread, I will answer every question posed to me as best I can. I also said that I will answer truthfully and some will like my answer while others won't. I will not try to change who I am in order to get votes. I want people to make an honest, informed decision about me. That is my promise to everyone. Truth, even if I don't know the answer or it costs me your vote.

If you want to know specifics about Mr. Keister then I will be happy to provide you with everything I know, which is limited because I have not had much conversation with him. If you want my opinion on any of his positions I will gladly supply it. I do not understand though being berated for giving a general answer to what I feel was a general question.
  • GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

#198 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

I want you to stop generalizing.   Plan and simple.

I have researched Mr Keister.   He would not get my vote 

or the vote of anyone in my family.    I am not a fan of illegal drug use.

All or None statements are of no use to anyone.

Are you running for office Russell??

Edited by Sleepy, 02 July 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#199 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

You want me to stop saying that the Libertarian Party stands for values that are financially responsible and socially accepting?

#200 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

I'm not a fan of illegal drug use either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users