7 replies to this topic

#1 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

Apparently it was enough to hit the AP...

http://www.sfgate.co...ads-5993038.php

I consider marketing to be a business function, not governments.  Is this a side effect of the chamber of commerce having so much involvement in policy making?

#2 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

money poorly spent in my opinion. there's no way traffic won't be impacted in the next year.  it is right now at certain times of the day. 

#3 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Heck, I live in downtown Jeff and avoid the interchanges at every opportunity.  You never know from one day to the next what street is closed or lane closures.  I work in old Clarksville and they have shut down S. Clark Blvd. so now I can't drive down Riverside Drive to get there. 

#4 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

Instead of lying to them about traffic not being bad on this side of the river - how about enticing them with the appeal of lower housing costs - including lower property taxes?  Entice them with better schools.

But, I'm sure selling snake oil will work.   :wacko:

#5 Diogenes

Diogenes

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Tina , I just tried to open that link you have in post and it appears it has disappeared into the cyber space, any othe place to find article?

Thanks

#6 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

I think traffic moves pretty darn good. Took the wife to doctor apt at The Springs last week, Canon lane area, and it took about 5 minutes longer than before construction started. This was about 7:30-7:45 AM.  As long as there are no accidents the delays are very little. However, most living in Ky, that don't commute every day, think traffic is a mess.

#7 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

Most commutes before 8 am are better paced.  Had the appointment been at 9 am or 4 pm . . . ?   

• grammy likes this

#8 Greg Clark

Greg Clark

ACCOUNT CLOSED

• Account Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

Pure Michigan may be one of the most successful marketing plans by a governmental entity. If the governmental entity doesn't do the marketing itself, they more than likely will fund the marketing via a quasi-governmental entity or related agency. Tourism bureau for example. For governments that issue municipal bonds, marketing can help achieve higher investor interest thereby providing more favorable interest rates and terms, lowering the cost of borrowing that far exceeds any amount spent on the marketing campaign.

I think there is definitely a place for it but agree should be monitored to prevent abuses. A marketing campaign funded by taxpayer dollars should not be a cover for an elected official's personal/political promo campaign.
  • theinformer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users